Rangers pubs

Don't think the pub was ever called that. (although I'm not 100% on that). Pub was the Ballochmyle and is now a private club called the Calvay Club. The Rangers decor, hospitality and quality of the place is second to none.
Went to a St.Patricks sash bash there a few years ago organized by FF. Great Ulster girl singer IIRC!

What about pubs not in Scotland? Any crackers down south or Northern Ireland that's not been mentioned?
If you ever reach Ulster’s shores, then head for the Glasgow Rangers Supporters Club Carrickfergus.
A truly wonderful and beautiful social club with bar, lounge and beer garden. It’s a credit to local people and members.
1 of a few supporters club in Northern Ireland with its own premises which is registered within Ibrox and has its own season tickets for its members.
Within the supporters club, it had its own Travel Club where they regularly fly across and before that, they coached trips over every other Saturday. Still as loyal today as they where when it started ‘officially’ in 1974.
There’s also a successful pensioners club within the supporters club too where they like going to and welcoming similar clubs within NI.
This club is a must for your tour of the Rangers pubs.

Last edited:
I was in the LVRSC in 1998 when I worked in H&Ws and it was indeed awesome and I also remember the Bomb Proof Security Doors and how close it was to Short Strand, which explained them LOL. I lived in Epworth Street and the Cock and Hen, The Welders and The Great Eastern were the hostelries I frequented. the most.

If there's a better place than Ulster, I've yet to visit, that place.
I was at H & W in 96 and The Great Eastern was my local, spent as many hours in there as I did in the shipyard! Welder's Club a few times and also the Corner House up the hill, never made it to the LVRSC but managed Sandy Row, Carrickfergus & Larne, great memories.

I was at H & W in 96 and The Great Eastern was my local, spent as many hours in there as I did in the shipyard! Welder's Club a few times and also the Corner House up the hill, never made it to the LVRSC but managed Sandy Row, Carrickfergus & Larne, great memories.
I was working over in Belfast a month ago and used the Great Eastern, Great place and Great People

Is that the Ballochmyle RSC? Noticed it mentioned in an old programme and wondered what the history of it was. Anyone know?
They did used to run an rsc from it….at one time they ran one from the ballochmyle the louden and the bristol as same guy owned all three…..Mortimer

Ballymena has 3 great rangers pubs in it, the railway tavern, the moat bar and the new north ballymena rangers supporters club that has just opened up. Always try to give my business to all 3 of these pubs

If you ever reach Ulster’s shores, then head for the Glasgow Rangers Supporters Club Carrickfergus.
A truly wonderful and beautiful social club with bar, lounge and beer garden. It’s a credit to local people and members.
1 of a few supporters club in Northern Ireland with its own premises which is registered within Ibrox and has its own season tickets for its members.
Within the supporters club, it had its own Travel Club where they regularly fly across and before that, they coached trips over every other Saturday. Still as loyal today as they where when it started ‘officially’ in 1974.
There’s also a successful pensioners club within the supporters club too where they like going to and welcoming similar clubs within NI.
This club is a must for your tour of the Rangers pubs.

Northern Ireland has some amount of rangers social clubs now. The ones of the top of my head are:

ulster rangers, shankill
Highfield RSC
Barrington
Sandy row
Lagan village
Carrick
Larne
Whitehead
Clough
Limavady
North Ballymena

I think there’s possibly one in newtownards now to?

Another shout for The Grapes.
Brilliant pub and their Rangets quiz nights are epic.

Some seriously knowledgeable Bears drink in there.

Missing the experience of the whole pub literally bouncing, after a mentally challenged victory, or another special European night.
Not forgetting Tamby at the weekends

Northern Ireland has some amount of rangers social clubs now. The ones of the top of my head are:

ulster rangers, shankill
Highfield RSC
Barrington
Sandy row
Lagan village
Carrick
Larne
Whitehead
Clough
Limavady
North Ballymena

Offended you haven't mentioned Garvagh :shh:

Looks like it’s all boarded up now. A big building to be sitting empty
I’ve been in England last 20 years only get up once a year, I know it was still open a few years ago, but haven’t been past it in a while……I’ll need to ask my cousin if he knows what’s happening with it as he hangs around haghill and the Bristol

There's a lot of great Rangers pubs in UK and beyond. I try to visit a few on my travels.
Loved the White Bear in London, haven't tried the Green Man yet.
Walkabout Reading can get over 100 in it for old firm games, great venue stadium seating in front of a big screen.
Went to a pub in West Midlands south east of Birmingham for an old firm. Was a cracking atmosphere. Can't remember the name.

Big mention for Bluebells in Lanzarote.

Would love to take a game in Corby. Worked with a few Corby lads over the years, sounds mental

ulster rangers, shankill
Highfield RSC
Barrington
Sandy row
Lagan village
Carrick
Larne
Whitehead
Clough
Limavady
North Ballymena

Garvagh has a club as well .

Haven't been in for a few years but would describe the Laurieston as a well run neutral pub.
Absolutely neutral. So much so they took ”Fairytale of New York” off the juke box so people didn’t get the wrong idea.

brilliant pub
… been 3 years since I’ve been ‘home’ but that was my feeling then. Actually had a a bit of ‘real friendly laugh/banter’ with a couple of guys (one from the dark side :rolleyes:).
Great beer, best pie & peas with gravy and very ‘ancient’ bar staff.
:))

Moving to Kings Park in Glasgow in the next few months. I see there are 2 pubs, The Montford and The Beechwood are in the area. How are they for the Rangers games and are there any other pubs with Rangers leanings in the area. Also are there any in Rutherglen?.
Quarry Bar, Rutherglen. Ideal.

Heading there for the lyon game. Great club with warm
@WIRRAL RANGER

Anyone visiting Liverpool should venture over the water to Port Sunlight.
A brilliant wee Club with its own Rangers room upstairs full of Memorabilia on the walls.

Great bunch of lads who will give a warm welcome to one & all.
@WIRRAL RANGER

Anyone visiting Liverpool should venture over the water to Port Sunlight.
A brilliant wee Club with its own Rangers room upstairs full of Memorabilia on the walls.

Great bunch of lads who will give a warm welcome to one & all.
Heading there for the lyon game. Was down last year it's a great wee club and very welcoming. Must also be one of the most picturesque places for a RSC in the uk. Missus said it reminded her of midsummer murders !!!

Some of my faves to go to here in Belfast

The Royal on sandy row,
The Rangers on Sandy Row
The hide out
The Barrington
The Windsor
The Royal Shankill
Rangers club on the Shankill
Jumna st linfield club
Lagan Village

I know some aren't official Rangers bars but great wee bars all the same.

Some of my faves to go to here in Belfast

The Royal on sandy row,
The Rangers on Sandy Row
The hide out
The Barrington
The Windsor
The Royal Shankill
Rangers club on the Shankill
Jumna st linfield club
Lagan Village

I know some aren't official Rangers bars but great wee bars all the same.
Hide out is where me and my big mate used to frequent before he passed away great memories in there and great people.

What's the best rangers pubs in the UK. Hopefully they reopen in May once the season is over and I wouldn't mind doing a tour of the UK and trying out rangers pubs across Britain as it something I have never done. Is there any that are a must go? Cheers troops WATP
The gallant pioneer Blackpool

Back