Rangers send a letter to the SFA

peter robertson

HAMPDEN RAW
Rangers sent furious letter to SFA after being left ‘angry and upset’ at Neil Doncaster’s ‘EBT’ correspondence and questioned who runs Scottish football

The letter also asked Regan why 'certain individuals' have so much influence over Scottish football

By Phil Martin
15th September 2017, 2:53 pm
COMMENTS
RANGERS sent a furious letter to SFA chief Stewart Regan over attempts to hold a judicial review into the Ibrox club’s use of EBTs.

Gers chiefs were left “angry and upset” that SPFL supremo Neil Doncaster penned a letter to Regan calling for a judicial review which focused on how Gers’ financial demise was handled.

KEITH CAMPBELL - THE SUN GLASGOW
Doncaster has come under pressure in recent times
SunSport Online understands it was agreed by the SPFL board that the focus of any investigation into how Scottish football dealt with clubs’ financial difficulties should not be concentrated on Rangers.

But while the content of Doncaster’s letter sent last month didn’t focus on Rangers, the subject heading read: ‘Independent review of use of tax avoidance schemes at Rangers FC and actions of Scottish football authorities’.

It is believed that Doncaster will be forced to answer serious questions about why Rangers became the focus at a meeting next Thursday morning with some members of the board unhappy that their views were misrepresented.

Doncaster’s correspondence also prompted Gers bosses to send their own letter to Regan making it clear they were “angry and upset” that Doncaster had made their club the focus of attention.

In the letter – which was also sent to Doncaster – Rangers went on to ask Regan why “certain individuals” appear to have so much influence over Scottish football and questioned the governance of the game.

News of the Rangers letter comes eight days after we told how Hoops chief Peter Lawwell wrote to Regan in 2012 calling for a judicial review into the circumstances surrounding the Ibrox club’s financial woes.

KEITH CAMPBELL - THE SUN GLASGOW
Rangers were left ‘angry and upset’
In that correspondence – sent shortly before Gers’ liquidation – Lawwell asked that “retrospective sanctions” be considered if wrongdoing was established.

Lawwell then wrote to Regan earlier this month to claim it was “disturbing” that he had snubbed calls for a judicial review.

But four days ago Regan hit back by claiming Celtic are the ONLY club out of the SFA’s 108 members who want a review

SunSport Online has asked the SPFL for comment.

Perfect timing, Lawwell has been shown to be acting alone and not on behalf of Scottish football as he claimed.

Scottish football is now asking the same question we have just asked.

We really need some Rangers minded people taking up office within the SFA, maybe, just maybe we'll be able to manage it during this clusterfùçk

O'squeal, tlb and now the Japanese have systematically set about ruining Scottish football over the the years like the demented tims they are.

We should be writing a letter demanding Doncaster's immediate dismissal & direct involvement, along with the rest of the SPFL Board, in finding and appointing his successor.
We should also be demanding that Lawwell stands down from all his Scottish Football positions, including, UEFA, as it is obvious that he cannot act impartially, in any shape or form whatsoever, towards Rangers

Perfect timing, Lawwell has been shown to be acting alone and not on behalf of Scottish football as he claimed.

Scottish football is now asking the same question we have just asked.

Outstanding timing for it to come out, 4/5 clubs say PL aint talking for them, leaving him isolated, and now we question the influence.

Does he have many allies left? Thompson at DU, though he might be keeping his head down as he hasn't declared either way.

No big statements, doing it the correct way, then someone reports it!

I'm glad the club is starting to grow a pair.

We need to stick with this. Don't let Lawell's lackeys deflect. Demand answers.

Am I the only one that would keep Doncaster in place now, rather than replace him with a liewell lackie with no baggage? He can't be seen to be sucking the liewell Boaby now and indeed could be a useful idiot for us going forward, especially as it looks like liewell is ready to throw him under a bus.

Am I the only one that would keep Doncaster in place now, rather than replace him with a liewell lackie with no baggage? He can't be seen to be sucking the liewell Boaby now and indeed could be a useful idiot for us going forward, especially as it looks like liewell is ready to throw him under a bus.
Not a bad suggestion but alternatively those that survive such indiscretions are often emboldened by it. He would need to be a lame duck.

I've thought about this, we could now have something over him. However, we are on the board of the SPFL, liewell isnt, and not sure he has many allies their either. So this might be the right and best time to go for change.

We should be writing a letter demanding Doncaster's immediate dismissal & direct involvement, along with the rest of the SPFL Board, in finding and appointing his successor.
We should also be demanding that Lawwell stands down from all his Scottish Football positions, including, UEFA, as it is obvious that he cannot act impartially, in any shape or form whatsoever, towards Rangers
Andrew Dickson sits on the board so we would have direct involvement in the appointment of a successor. The club seem to be slowly making headway in reducing celtic's control.

Our next letter should be asking about an investigation into historical child abuse , Use of tax avoidance schemes by Septic and there players and dodgy land deals.

We should also be looking at any possible legal action against Dungcaster , Liewell and anyone else we can drag into court.

Good to hear the board are starting to fight back. Liewell should be refused entry next week as well. If, as expected, he does get in he should be made to feel as uncomfortable as possible the entire time he is in Ibrox.

Things falling into place. PR firm/lawyers/board working simultaneously to call out and target individuals. PR getting the right messages out, board talking to the clubs worth talking to and lawyers en

We should force him to resign.

He can stick his apology.

Personally, I'd rather we didn't push for resignations.
I'd like us to be above the behaviour that cost people like Farry and McDonald their jobs.
A front page apology, properly worded and with those wronged named, and with a warning that he's being watched would be my preferred choice.

Our next letter should be asking about an investigation into historical child abuse , Use of tax avoidance schemes by Septic and there players and dodgy land deals.

We should also be looking at any possible legal action against Dungcaster , Liewell and anyone else we can drag into court.

Add in how players like the Keanes were paid.
Remember, it was said that Dermot Desmond paid these guys.
Was this outwith the club?
Does this constitute dual contracts?

It's on my a matter of time before he's gone now, he's isolated himself with no allies. As much as he could be a "useful idiot" going forward I think a new appointment would be more beneficial particularly if we have an input into the selection, someone with no previous history with Lie Well and the mhanks or religious connection would be a good start.

I think we will need a more vocal noise from the other clubs to bolster this

Don't think it will play out this way. If the other clubs are sick of the control freakery of Liewell&co, then it will be slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.
It would be great to put a metaphorical bomb under these people, but if change is coming, it will be done in a quiet diplomatic way.
If they dead, they dead.

I think every other club was played by Liewell and he promised them some unicorns in return for their support. As the time passed the elastic snapped off the horn and the white paint washed out from the coat of the donkeys.

Feeling let down by him they are now turning against him.

If the CEO has lost the confidence of the board then the options are simple.

Resign for personal reasons, find a new job or have your CV ruined.

Let's see what happens in the next few months.

Public apology won't cut it this time. He has to go

A public apology weakens him, making him a man at the top, but a man with no power.

Better with an enemy you know and have weakened than yet another placement.

This is going to get good....the days of lying down and rolling over are finished. We have been punished over and over again and they still want more the f@ckin rhats.

Personally, I'd rather we didn't push for resignations.
I'd like us to be above the behaviour that cost people like Farry and McDonald their jobs.
A front page apology, properly worded and with those wronged named, and with a warning that he's being watched would be my preferred choice.

This is a pretty big thing, he has went against the SPFL board trying to initiate a review into a member club off his own back, that is not his job!! McDonald being hounded was a joke, same as the Mike McCurry. We have actual grounds for him being sacked.

About time the club started to stand up to these clowns. Hopefully the beginning of the end of the scums reign over Scottish footballs boards.

Add in how players like the Keanes were paid.
Remember, it was said that Dermot Desmond paid these guys.
Was this outwith the club?
Does this constitute dual contracts?

Desmond fit and proper status should also be brought into question.

Funding terroists money laundering in his dodgy bank and that's before we start talking about the old people in his care homes suffering.

This is a pretty big thing, he has went against the SPFL board trying to initiate a review into a member club off his own back, that is not his job!! McDonald being hounded was a joke, same as the Mike McCurry. We have actual grounds for him being sacked.

Off his own and one other members back.

Back