Rangers set to begin transformation of Hummel Training Centre in November

Bonnyloyal

RANGERS will begin work on their new youth complex at the club’s training ground next month.

Gers will build a new stand for spectators to watch youth games under floodlights and construct a new 216 square metres base for their up-and-coming stars.

PRESSTEAM
An artist’s impression of the training complex

The Ibrox outfit are also exploring the idea of installing a full-size indoor dome at their Auchenhowie training HQ in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire.

Academy chief Craig Mulholland confirmed: “Work starts in November and the four new dressing rooms combined with the education suite will make a massive difference to the time spent on and quality of education for our young Rangers players.

“We are currently investigating a full size indoor dome to allow us to play matches and increase the quantity of training during the winter months.

“A range of other exciting developments are taking place to enhance an already excellent environment.

The 38-acre, £14million training camp was opened in July 2001, and named after owner Sir David Murray.

It includes six full-size pitches, two half-size pitches, a practice area and a synthetic indoor pitch.

Earlier this year, the state-of-the-art facility was renamed the Hummel Training Centre as part of the club’s three-year deal with the Danish sportswear giants

You'll notice Mulholland's focus on it all is around the additional facilities for the staff and players and how the seats are a happy extra as part of it all.

Looked at the middle pic on the right and thought - Yeah that's cool building a swimming pool for rehab and getting them in tip top shape :)

You'll notice Mulholland's focus on it all is around the additional facilities for the staff and players and how the seats are a happy extra as part of it all.

And he's called it exactly right - despite the continued referencing of it by some on here, and in the media, as a 'new stand'. The primary objective was always what was below the seats within the new facilities for the youngsters.

I think the Rangers publicity should have made it clear that a proportion of the funding for this came from the RFFF (anyone know what proportion? I'd guess £500k would probably be around 50-70% of the cost of something like this)?

Queue the moaning caants demanding "their money" isn't spent this way...
Lets face it, if there was a vote between this or a fanszone using Rfff funds then there would be a high probability a fanzone would win hands down. No need to stoke the fire.
In saying that, the plans look good so hopefully it benefits our future stars.

Lets face it, if there was a vote between this or a fanszone using Rfff funds then there would be a high probability a fanzone would win hands down. No need to stoke the fire.
In saying that, the plans look good so hopefully it benefits our future stars.

Now, perhaps so, yes.

Back when this was first mooted, fanzones weren't anywhere near the level of interest on the fans radar that they've become in the last couple of months.

It looks like a great addition to the HTC. That's the bottom line. If we, as fans, want to (and can) fund a fanzone operation, I'm sure we can all look at that now.

It's 100% Advacaat's legacy. It's not that Murray got it right. Advocaat forced him in to doing it.

Murray had agreed to buy Kelvinside’s sports grounds at Anniesland, Dick said no, too small, so we did some deal with them for their proposed new grounds at Auchenhowie

It's 100% Advacaat's legacy. It's not that Murray got it right. Advocaat forced him in to doing it.[/QUOT
It's 100% Advacaat's legacy. It's not that Murray got it right. Advocaat forced him in to doing it.
Murray bought the rugby pitches across from the Pond Hotel on Great Western Road but Advacaat said it was too small, Murray sold the land if I remember rightly for a healthy profit

Just looked at it on google maps there. It comes up as Murray Park still. Anyway we can get this updated?

I read Advocaat saying Murray had offered him £7 million to be used for players or the training ground. Dick obviously chose the latter

No chance neebs. It was part of Dick's signing on as manager we built a professional training complex worthy of our stature. Just a shame Walter wasn't afforded that luxury first time around

Pretty sure Stevie and his staff would have had a say in this requirements for the youth set up, it is defo required.

Does anyone know if Hummel are putting coin in2 this?? 500k surely won't pay for all the requirements, 1.5m would be my guess, I might be way off the mark of course.

There was a thread on here about tradesman working for nothing, this I suggest would be a great starting point,
Sparks.
Painters.
Plumbers.
Tilers
Joiner
Would save a fuking fortune on this project!!

does this mean people can turn up on the day to watch the game or is this restricted to family of the players ...how much will the stand hold

Back