Rangers Social Media Team

AEW

every post on Rangers Facebook and twitter pages instagram aswell there is negative comments from the dark side scum we know there obsessed etc but my question is why do the social media team not take action and ban them from the pages is it just laziness does the ban button no work it’s a mess. Need It dealt with I shouldn’t have to see Tim crap on a Rangers page

My only gripe is they should employ Mrs Polster and we should see her vlogs until the Europa qualifiers kick in!

It was revealed yesterday that Rangers are the most googled club in Scotland, and have more internet hits all over the country.

This boosts the profile of the club to sponsors, etc. Ironically probably half of these hits are from haters of the club. Why ban them when we should be thanking them!!

every post on Rangers Facebook and twitter pages instagram aswell there is negative comments from the dark side scum we know there obsessed etc but my question is why do the social media team not take action and ban them from the pages is it just laziness does the ban button no work it’s a mess. Need It dealt with I shouldn’t have to see Tim crap on a Rangers page
If anything we should be baiting a bigger response from them, more exposure means more money from sponsors and if we can get them on the YT channel we're laughing.

It was revealed yesterday that Rangers are the most googled club in Scotland, and have more internet hits all over the country.

This boosts the profile of the club to sponsors, etc. Ironically probably half of these hits are from haters of the club. Why ban them when we should be thanking them!!

It’s not good for kids to see all that vile hate aimed towards us also we don’t make any money of Facebook or twitter only form of income is YouTube when you watch the full adverts without skipping

What’s the point of us blocking them all when we can get better sponsors as we get more interactions. They’re helping us.

I don’t think that’s true at all how is a sponsor gonna see all this behaviour of pure hate and go I’ll invest there because they have a lazy social media team any new sponsors we’ve had has been because we’re the famous Glasgow Rangers no because of the scum on our Facebook and Twitter also big sponsors want political correctness none of there behaviour is.

I'd be more worried about the zoomers in our own support spouting sh*te on the social media platforms, some of the comments are beyond embarrassing whether it's about team selection, Dave King, transfers etc. (For example a fan saying King was a fraud for passing up on Jamie Walker and Louis Moult, that sort of lunacy).

I did however see a video on FB of their "title parade" through Glasgow, not one mention of the subsequent smashing up of the city centre by that mob in the comments section.

I don't think the OP understands how social media marketing works. More hits, more interactions = bigger profile and reach of the accounts = potentially better sponsorship deals etc etc

So name one sponsorship deal we’ve got from this past 5 years lol

So name one sponsorship deal we’ve got from this past 5 years lol

You're still not really getting my point. You see all those YouTube stars nowadays? The big ones are funded by advertisers and the like. Those advertisers only step in once the accounts have a big enough reach for them to enter onto their radar. All engagement with an account, good and bad, helps boost that account's profile. Same principle works on twitter, facebook, instagram etc etc. Part of the social media team's remit will be to boost the profile of the club's social media accounts, and negative comments by haters still push those engagement numbers upwards. Keep at it Tims, you're actually helping!

I get that the comments on Twitter can range from the unsavoury to the downright ridiculous, but I see little value in deleting and blocking every single negative comment. Plus, do you really think it's worth paying someone to do that all day and night? Because going by the sheer volume of interactions, that's what it would take.

You're still not really getting my point. You see all those YouTube stars nowadays? The big ones are funded by advertisers and the like. Those advertisers only step in once the accounts have a big enough reach for them to enter onto their radar. All engagement with an account, good and bad, helps boost that account's profile. Same principle works on twitter, facebook, instagram etc etc. Part of the social media team's remit will be to boost the profile of the club's social media accounts, and negative comments by haters still push those engagement numbers upwards. Keep at it Tims, you're actually helping!

I get that the comments on Twitter can range from the unsavoury to the downright ridiculous, but I see little value in deleting and blocking every single negative comment. Plus, do you really think it's worth paying someone to do that all day and night? Because going by the sheer volume of interactions, that's what it would take.

Not having it get the Tim’s out !!

I don’t think that’s true at all how is a sponsor gonna see all this behaviour of pure hate and go I’ll invest there because they have a lazy social media team any new sponsors we’ve had has been because we’re the famous Glasgow Rangers no because of the scum on our Facebook and Twitter also big sponsors want political correctness none of there behaviour is.
I’m talking interactions and reach from social media. The higher number of people seeing posts will make sponsors more likely to go with Rangers.

There's a difference between blocking any negative comment and blocking the real saddo trolls who post pictures and gifs in the comments

You could mute them or block them?

"Lazy social media team.' Are you for real?

The editorial team is still relatively small for a club of our size. They're tasked with not only producing content for the website, but also photo and video editing, SEO optimisation, matchday coverage and everything else in between. Oh, and then there's the 7+ plus social media channels currently running. The idea that they should be sat there on Facebook deleting comments from Celtic fans because it makes you unhappy is peak FF.

You're also a mile out with your pish about monetisation. In fact, please never comment on online media again because you clearly have no f*cking clue.

Wouldn’t say their lazy, the comments on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to delete you’d need to actually hire someone for that role there is so many

They are not paid to block individuals. Have you any idea how time consuming that would be?

There the social media team obviously there paid to manage the social media and stop folk posting spam etc links to virus sites it’s a free for all

It’s not good for kids to see all that vile hate aimed towards us also we don’t make any money of Facebook or twitter only form of income is YouTube when you watch the full adverts without skipping
If you think your going to hide the kids from mentally challengeds "vile hate' by blocking a couple of twitter nut jobs, your naive at a minimum.

Does it really matter what the comments are mate?

Just read the post, that's all the info you need.

So your happy for Rangers fans to be abused on our social media ?
Are you new to social media? Abusing/disagreeing/shouting down etc. is what it's built on.
Your current crusade to resolve this with a block or mute button is just silly.

It’s not just comments it’s a free for all spam links dodgey websites virus websites

For every one that you block, ten will follow - especially on Twitter where's it's anonymous accounts.

I'd rather their time went on the excellent content we've had recently.

There the social media team obviously there paid to manage the social media and stop folk posting spam etc links to virus sites it’s a free for all

Well take your suggestion to the Social Media Team and see what their response is.

I agree, I don’t want to read countless comments from mentally challengeds when I go onto Rangers content, it seems the majority on this thread don’t care either way?

Going by this ridiculous logic, it’s pointless banning fhilth who continually make comments about the Ibrox Disaster or Fernando Ricksen?

Reactions: AEW
Ironic that you are calling anyone lazy when you are too lazy to use punctuation.

I agree, I don’t want to read countless comments from mentally challengeds when I go onto Rangers content, it seems the majority on this thread don’t care either way?
Don't read the comments then, problem solved.
As for the second part of your post, that's an absolutely despicable thing to say.

They're where a few other crackers as well mate.

No there wasn’t your attacking me because your seeking attention. I’m 100 percent correct and I know it no tims should be allowed on Rangers social media end off especially to abuse Rangers fans your mental if you think otherwise

Are you new to social media? Abusing/disagreeing/shouting down etc. is what it's built on.
Your current crusade to resolve this with a block or mute button is just silly.

I’ve explained what it is spam virus websites guys trying to sell iptv fake merch scams etc and also abusive comments from Tim’s

Going by this ridiculous logic, it’s pointless banning fhilth who continually make comments about the Ibrox Disaster or Fernando Ricksen?

Spot on get them banned the Tim’s are vile scum who comment on they very subjects and it needs dealt with

No there wasn’t your attacking me because your seeking attention. I’m 100 percent correct and I know it no tims should be allowed on Rangers social media end off especially to abuse Rangers fans your mental if you think otherwise
Mate it’s genuinely impossible to stop them commenting, majority of the trolls on twitter have more than one account anyway

So your happy for Rangers fans to be abused on our social media ?
There always going to abuse us no matter where it is. Who gives a fck. They are a lower class of human being with a built in obsession and paranoia of us. Fck them

Mate it’s genuinely impossible to stop them commenting, majority of the trolls on twitter have more than one account anyway

It’s never impossible to manage a social media account that’s what there paid money for there’s plenty of well managed social media’s out there

Back