Rangers songs

Robert Marshall

I know there have been a few posts already about what to sing and what is not acceptable.
First of all, I come from a generation of Rangers fans that ransacked there way across Scotland, England, and Europe in the late Sixties and through the Seventies into the Eighties.
We sang songs that, looking back were utterly embarrassing.
Times have changed and as a support, we have travelled a long way.
But for all the fans that purport to be part of the Reformation Movement, This is our Moses on The Mount moment.
This is where we are being told and shown what we as a support must do to bring ourselves along that final part of the journey.
We need to ditch All songs that fall foul of UEFA rules. It doesn't matter if they are fair ( Fare ), the truth is it is their Competition and their rules. Obey the rules or we will not be allowed in the game.
It is quite insulting when I read posts that say we don't know the songs we can't sing.
It is very simple. No mention of Catholics Pope, IRA, 19th Century Terrorists, Bobby Sands, Rosary Beads or any of the words that are associated with these vile Organisations.
To be clear, what can be sung in Pubs and Clubs are different from what can be sung at, what is basically a UEFA Members Club,
We have a list of great Rangers songs Let's sing them.

I'm not sure I agree with line of encouraging people to sing these songs in pubs and clubs etc. If they are continued to be sung behind closed doors it won't be long before they make their way back to the stands and terraces, especially if people are coming out of the pubs charged up and heading straight to the game. The only way to fully eradicate these songs from being sung at the games is to cut them out completely.

I'm not sure I agree with line of encouraging people to sing these songs in pubs and clubs etc. If they are continued to be sung behind closed doors it won't be long before they make their way back to the stands and terraces, especially if people are coming out of the pubs charged up and heading straight to the game. The only way to fully eradicate these songs from being sung at the games is to cut them out completely.
I didn't take it as Robert encouraging people to sing them in pubs/clubs - just that he was pointing out that people can sing them there but not at the football because it is, in effect, a private members' club with it's own rules.

*personally I'd leave them behind completely

Reactions: WBD
Songs with these words are not allowed to be sung in The Louden, but other sons that fall foul of UEFA are

I know there have been a few posts already about what to sing and what is not acceptable.
First of all, I come from a generation of Rangers fans that ransacked there way across Scotland, England, and Europe in the late Sixties and through the Seventies into the Eighties.
We sang songs that, looking back were utterly embarrassing.
Times have changed and as a support, we have travelled a long way.
But for all the fans that purport to be part of the Reformation Movement, This is our Moses on The Mount moment.
This is where we are being told and shown what we as a support must do to bring ourselves along that final part of the journey.
We need to ditch All songs that fall foul of UEFA rules.
It doesn't matter if they are fair ( Fare ), the truth is it is their Competition and their rules. Obey the rules or we will not be allowed in the game.
It is quite insulting when I read posts that say we don't know the songs we can't sing.
It is very simple. No mention of Catholics Pope, IRA, 19th Century Terrorists, Bobby Sands, Rosary Beads or any of the words that are associated with these vile Organisations
To be clear, what can be sung in Pubs and Clubs are different from what can be sung at, what is basically a UEFA Members Club,
We have a list of great Rangers songs Let's sing them.

I think it does matter that they (FARE) aren't impartial. asking for and expecting equality and parity isn't a crime. I also wonder if our board and officials will all be reporting every sectarian and pro-IRA song they hear on Sunday inside our stadium which is being sung to us?

Will they report this to the police, our football authorities etc? Or will they just sit back and let them away as usual with their racist and sectarian bile towards our fans

Last edited:
Let's enact one mass shift in 'behaviour programmed over decades' at a time, eh?

If the only way to stop the songs being sang at Ibrox is to stop people singing them 'ever' then we've no chance. Robert's post is exactly the tone and content we need. Make people fully aware of what is not allowed at UEFA matches and the consequences. That's all we need to do to stop 99.9% of our support from getting us in trouble.

I think it does matter that they (FARE) aren't impartial. asking for and expecting equality and parity isn't a crime. I also wonder if our board and officials will all be reporting every sectarian and pro-IRA song they hear on Sunday inside our stadium which is being sung to us?

Will they report this to the police, our football authorities etc?
This is to do with us, no one else

If it so boring, why you reading it and replying.
Who said i read what yiu posted.. i posted saying AGAIN.. ITS BORING.. BUT hey ho . you keep posting about how you dobt allow these songs in your bar. . FF represents about 0:1% of the wider support... yiur a pub landlord why would the support listen to yiu.

This is to do with us, no one else

My comment on the match on Sunday is to do with EVERYONE supporting Rangers inside Ibrox on or are you suggesting that Board will not be offended by the sectarian and racist anti-British songs sung to us on Sunday?

We all have to get wise and understand its a very dirty PR war we are in and we need to start playing as dirty as the enemies against us and that means reporting EVERY song sung against us that's sectarian and racist.

Last edited:
Who said i read what yiu posted.. i posted saying AGAIN.. ITS BORING.. BUT hey ho . you keep posting about how you dobt allow these songs in your bar. . FF represents about 0:1% of the wider support... yiur a pub landlord why would the support listen to yiu.
Maybe because I meet and talk to probably 25% of our ST support and listen to them.
I thought of going on FF with a made up name and moaning about being bored, but realised that you have that gig.

You obviously read it, how else would you reply? Maybe your just psychic or bitter against the Louden

Back in the early days of the new age secterianism, i.e. the one were the pendulum swung only our way, I created a Rangers Song books and planted it on the then German "Rangers Songs" server. It changed hands ages ago, dunno whether it is still kept running. The songbook was strictly Rangers - not because of any dislike of the moving loyalists stuff we sang and sing, but because it was a booklet about Rangers football songs. The index of these 41 songs went as follows ...

A first selection of Rangers songs of old and new, by no means exhaustive or complete!
Page Song - First line
3 Blue is the colour - Well I wear a little gold on my finger ...
3 Every other Saturday - Every other Saturday’s my half day off
4 Every Saturday - When I was just a little boy
5 Flesher’s Haugh - We stand side by side, way down by the Clyde
6 Follow Follow - Though the straits be broad or narrow
7 Follow the Boys in Blue - We are the team to conquer them all
8 Glasgow Rangers - Dream Team - Here we go, here we go, go Glasgow Rangers go
8 Glasgow Rangers – Nine in a row - One magical moment, when the whole world …
9 Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers - Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers
9 La Reve Passé - The Rangers Story - See them march on, marching on through the …
10 How can you buy Willie Woodburn - An Englishman landed in Edmiston Drive
10 It’s Rangers for me - The English have Charlton, the Irish …
11 Jim Baxter – The King - From the pits of Fife they brought him
12 King Kai - I’ll sing you a song, so glorious and true
12 Light Blue Heroes - We marched along and sang our songs
13 Men of Ibrox - Men of Ibrox fit and proud
14 Paisley Road West - Ever since I recall I have followed football
15 Proud Legions - Proud Legions of Rangers, on us you can rely
15 R.A.N.G.E.R.S. - They come from all of Glasgow
16 Recollections - From the tender age of 8 years old
17 Rangers over here - Now many years ago my boys
18 Sam English - There was a proud young Protestant
18 The Blue Flag - Hello, Hello, how do you do?
19 The Blue Sea of Ibrox - I have sailed the wild Atlantic
20 The Boys in Royal Blue - There is a team down Ibrox way
20 (The Boys of the) Ibrox Brigade - Once I dreamt of Glasgow Rangers
21 The Famous Glasgow Rangers - As I was walking doon the Copland Road
21 The Glasgow Rangers Boys - We are the Glasgow Rangers Boys
22 The Legend of Alan Morton - He was a proud young Airdrie lad
22 The Loyal Rangers Fan - Oh I’m a loyal Rangers fan and I come from …
23 The Rangers Song - Follow Glasgow Rangers, Follow them true!
23 Top of the Table - From the start of the season, they wrote …
24 Underneath the Floodlights - Underneath the floodlights, last Thursday …
25 We are Rangers - We are Rangers, we are Rangers, no-one …
25 We are the People - We are the people, who sing of victory
25 We shall not be moved - We’re on our way to Ibrox
25 We went to Wolverhampton - We went to Wolverhampton not so very long
26 We’ll be with you - Oh Rangers, we’ll be with you
27 Who’s that team? - Who’s that team they call the Rangers?
27 Willie Woodburn - His name was Willie Woodburn
28 Wolverhampton Town - I’d been in exile for some years

Needs a bit of a brush-up, but if anyone wants it ...

I can remember when going to the football or out on drink was fun, no can’t call anyone nothing everything is non politically correct, some schools can’t even put up a xmas tree incase it offends other religions. ya can’t call anyone a poof or a tranny now i days either.

Back in the early days of the new age secterianism, i.e. the one were the pendulum swung only our way, I created a Rangers Song books and planted it on the then German "Rangers Songs" server. It changed hands ages ago, dunno whether it is still kept running. The songbook was strictly Rangers - not because of any dislike of the moving loyalists stuff we sang and sing, but because it was a booklet about Rangers football songs. The index of these 41 songs went as follows ...

A first selection of Rangers songs of old and new, by no means exhaustive or complete!
Page Song - First line
9 La Reve Passé - The Rangers Story - See them march on, marching on through the …

we need this available in a digital playlist or on a CD, can you provide that?

When the Rangers start to score
when the Rangers start to score
I want to be in that number

to sing the sash my father wore

on one of old disks am sure

99% on here have made up names whats your point as for talking to 25% of the st support aye ok... mr RANGERS

What exactly is your problem on here? All you do is give people abuse and generally contribute the square root of zero. You never have a decent word to say about anybody or anything relating to Rangers.
Can I ask you something here? What exactly is your stance on the singing of these songs and what is your solution?

Page Song - First line

Some absolute classics in there mate . Could also add 4lads had a dream and every Saturday we follow .

That’s 30 great songs , do people still think they need to throw in stuff about bobby sands? Hopefully the penny has dropped before it’s too late .

I'd love to be able to play it pre match on Sunday and on our bus

Oh, just to make sure, this is a song -BOOKLET with all the songs in text-format. I would have to double check whether I have them on CD / MP3, some came from the day and age where MC were the state-of-the-art hi-fi stuff ... e.g. Flesher`s Haugh or Underneath the floodlights

Oh, just to make sure, this is a song -BOOKLET with all the songs in text-format. I would have to double check whether I have them on CD / MP3, some came from the day and age where MC were the state-of-the-art hi-fi stuff ... e.g. Flesher`s Haugh or Underneath the floodlights
Yeah its an audio format I'm looking for, would be great if someone could post an audio playlist on Spotify with just Rangers songs.

I can remember when going to the football or out on drink was fun, no can’t call anyone nothing everything is non politically correct, some schools can’t even put up a xmas tree incase it offends other religions. ya can’t call anyone a poof or a tranny now i days either.

Honest to god.

@Robert Marshall my favourite is build my gallows what’s ur views on me giving that song big licks the nite in ur boozer ? if ur nae sure the words I can easy educate you big chap.
I accept that there’s nothing sectarian in this song. But what has it to do with Rangers or history?, to my knowledge nobody has ever been hung for fighting the ira.

Casual homophobia isn’t cool or acceptable.

Back