Rangers songsheet v Airdrie, 1974/75 season final game

mdingwall

Administrator
Rangers songsheet v Airdrie, 1974/75 season final game

Thanks for Calton TwoTwoOne for this.

Wonder if anyone still has the six foot poster mentioned?!

PyWecAj.jpg

CUYNGuF.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting to see the different wording & additional verse on “Who’s that Team they call the Rangers” from the versions that I’ve known / remember.

But they’ll only find the reason why were known

& the

Here’s the health of the Glasgow Rangers chorus. (I’ve definitely never heard that sung

John Greig rode about on a horse drawn thing that was a cross between a chariot and a milk float

Remember the Airdrie game away just before Christmas. They beat us 4-3. It was freezing and the snow was hammering down for most of the game.
Mind may be acting up, but for some reason I thought we played with an orange ball that day.

Remember the Airdrie game away just before Christmas. They beat us 4-3. It was freezing and the snow was hammering down for most of the game.
Mind may be acting up, but for some reason I thought we played with an orange ball that day.
I was there. Pretty sure the ref, Brian McGinlay, sent off Sandy Jardine.

PS, just looked up the Companion and Sandy Jardine scored a goal in the 89th minute, so I doubt ST Vincent Street's most famous toliet attendant, sent Sandy off.

Last edited:
Rangers songsheet v Ayr, 1974/75 season final game

Thanks for Calton TwoTwoOne for this.

Wonder if anyone still has the six foot poster mentioned?!

PyWecAj.jpg

CUYNGuF.jpg
Airdrie game at Ibrox in April 1975 - my first game at Ibrox hence my username.
Great find thanks for posting
We lost 1-0 from memory we had a goal ruled out I celebrated so long and hard I didn’t realise the goal had been disallowed

Airdrie game at Ibrox in April 1975 - my first game at Ibrox hence my username.
Great find thanks for posting
We lost 1-0 from memory we had a goal ruled out I celebrated so long and hard I didn’t realise the goal had been disallowed

My daughter met the goalscorer, Billy Wilson, last night. He must be about 75 years old now. He was telling her all about that game. She works with his son, also Billy, here in Toronto.

I seem to recall there were a lot of fights in the Rangers end that day. Even more than usual for the 70’s.

My poster has long gone :( and I can’t remember very much about the actual match itself, but I remember that Airdrie were to play celtic the following Saturday in the Cup Final.

Nobody wants to lose the last game of a league winning season but if I remember right I wasn’t too bothered,The bevy probably helped.

Back