Rangers Supporters Back In The Day

1Tg2vQL.png

Perhaps the '80 final?
I bet almost everyone in that queue had at least four cans inside those flared jeans, that’s how we used to get it in.

went to many a cup final as moved to mount Florida in 76 ....even went to World Cup send off in 78 thinking we might win a game or 2 as DJ was the main man....we never won many leagues then but always got to the cup finals usually against the sheep or Dundee Utd or Hibs ...we usually won.There was a shop on Victoria road where you could buy tickets for the finals.Had some great days and when we scored you couldn't see the pitch due to the dust cloud from the Rangers end...never to be forgotten
Mind blowing the nose after these Hampden games we’d scored in. What a bloody mess lol.

Hahaha. I was one of those 'can't have too many scarves' bear cubs. Wouldn't have been allowed to the piggery or Hampden without an adult when that was taken, but was at Ibrox myself or with my pals from about '80 onwards. Could have sold scarves outside the ground, I had that many.
Similar mate, Scarfed up and heading to the game. Was about 15. Scarf round neck, one round waist and carrying another to tie round wrist at the game.

Bumped into someone from school: "awright Arnie, wherr ye aff tae?" :( :))

I am on the picture second full person bottom row left hand side,looks like I am staring at the photographer with some Hawick boys wish I had that hair now I'm 63 in June

Ah to be back to those days. A stop in Peebles on the way up and a stop in Innerleithen on the way back in an old Nicols bus. I have an old membership card from slightly later than that date. I am sure the office bearers were Henry Spreng, Jim Domingo and Billy Ponsford.

Here's hoping that the lockdown eases this year to allow the Hawick lads to enjoy their 60th anniversary in style.

I used to go on the Partick bus as well. Great bunch of guys.
Does the Patrick Loyal that left from Merkland Street, not run a bus anymore? Bus from Drum chapel stops and picks people up at the Rosevale, I remember Gers buses left from the Thornwood pub, The Victoria, Rosevale, Memories and also the Patrick Loyal from Merkland Street, sad days when all you have nowadays is one bus and that shares with Drumchapel.
Patrick definitely not the place it once was sadly. Now over run with student types.

big john, he was still doing the briggs bus in the 90's when they were still using parks
him and kathy still go to the games . i think they have two grown up kids who go also.
I remember Big John & Kathy from the late 70s/early 80s. Grown up kids, that makes me feel old...
That is right Cadge. Big John drove the Briggs bus at that time and Kathy went to most of the games. Saw the pair of them and the boys (must be in their twenties) a few years ago at Ibrox.

I'm of the same era, mate. However, the Peasants can violently assault Bears without comeback from the police or courts, which could be why colours aren't so prominent these days in the city before or after games.
I dont believe that. Wearing scarves as someone says was really the big thing then, 3 scars at least, with a flag thrown in.

Scarves started to fade out in the 80s, not because of the fear of any irish immigrants.

Back