Rangers table Cole bid

Ian-RFC

Rangers have tabled a last-ditch bid for Fleetwood Town striker Devante Cole as they look to beat the transfer deadline to sign the forward, according to Football Insider.

The football news site claim the Glasgow giants have turned their attention to the centre-forward, 22, in a bid to take advantage of his contract status.

Football Insider report that Rangers have been tracking Cole for some time and have now acted to firm up their interest with a formal offer.

The Manchester City academy product is in the final six months of his contract at Fleetwood and a number of clubs are hoping to land the striker for a cut-price fee before the close of the transfer window.

Cole, son of former England international Andrew, has scored 12 goals for the League One club this season, with 10 of them coming in league matches.

Good move for Rangers?

Absolutely. Cole has established himself as one of the best young strikers in League One and his contract situation means he can be signed for a cut-price fee. Rangers badly need a centre-forward who can scored 25-plus goals a season. Cole is not that man, yet, but he could be an able back-up amid growing doubts about the future of first choice spearhead Alfredo Morelos.

This Is Futbol rating 8/10

Likely to happen?

There is serious competition for Cole’s services, which means Rangers have their work cut out to get the deal done by the 11pm cut-off. But director of football Mark Allen is not messing around this month, and has already overseen a signing blitz this month that has brought the likes of Jamie Murphy, Russell Martin, Greg Docherty, Jason Cummings, Sean Goss and Declan John to the club.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/01/rangers/rangers-table-cole-bid/#.WnH-xcMigDU.twitter

We didn't know who Morelos was so we have to trust the judgement of the scouting team in choosing to chase up Cole. Exciting prospect having another player who could excite us as much as Fredo before moving on for a much higher transfer fee - onwards and upwards!

Have watched him play and cabt say i was that impressed with him , would expect him to shine in his current team but was faily anonymous.

I have absolutely no concerns about players were linked with now whether I’ve heard of them or not. They won’t all be successes but given recent signings I trust Allen and Murty to get it right more often than not.

Back