Rangers taking care of Ricksen's funeral

Welling up reading about this, no club like us family think a wee chip around for the staff that looked after him wouldnt go a miss.
Alex Rae said yesterday that the hospice that cared for Fernando is self funding and they rely on public donations.maybe when the charity foundation announces which charities it’s going to support it could include the hospice as one of the charities

My wife due to her illnesses has had the odd bit of rest at St Andrews and the staff are amazing.
They do lots of collections for them and they also run their own monthly lottery for about £4/5 a month.
We do this as a way of collecting for them. They tend to do this in the hospital receptions , sign up for it.

I've always been proud of my club and the fact that the club are handling everything to do with Fernando's funeral just adds to it.

WATP

pedantic I know, but it's the benevolent Club

I only know as we are doing a dinner up here in Aberdeen, 3 weeks tonight in memory of Colin Jackson who along with Alex Willoughby started the charity
Richard Gough, Mark Hateley, Marvin Andrews and Dave Smith
Bobby Tait MC
Few tickets left if anyone fancies it :)

Out of a horrible dark tragedy our wonderful club are doing a beautiful thing for a man who deserves nothing less than the utmost respect for all he gave, for all he endured, with the bravery and dignity he showed us all.

God bless you Fernando & thank you Glasgow Rangers

Great gesture by the club.

As an aside , many a time I have seen people on here asking where they can buy ST wallets , the club sell one for £2 , proceeds to the Benevolent Fund.

Back