Rangers to open talks with Lundstram

If he's offski then Clement has got to be ruthless and bench him, he can't be a nailed-on starter if his mind is elsewhere.

Either put Sterling in there beside Dio (same wandering-mind issue arises if we start Barisic at left-back though) or give Raskin the chance to stake a claim for a jersey next season.

Recall too many matches when it looked like he'd just chucked it. A few in particular when he'd stopped running and not bothered his arse. That's not even including games against the bheasts, when he's been for the most part Sh1te. Goodluck to him, the wages he's on are ridiculous.

People on here deny it but they're a hard midfield to get near. O'Riley and McGregor always turn up physically so they can get away with Bernardo/Hatate. It's a hard midfield to play against, they don't fear Ibrox or the occasion generally.

I like Cantwell but I would go with a flat 3 in midfield.
I am now of that opinion and hope clement is to

Not that we have much choice mind you but never mind

He gave me one of the best moments of my life and one I don’t think I could relive if given the opportunity or chance or even knew it was coming type of thing

Time to move on and find a younger & better replacement defensive mid. Hate to say it but we need a player who can control the games like McGregor does for them. We need a stronger midfield than them and I don’t think we do that with a retention of Lundstram.

Lundstram was having a great season up until our form dipped a few weeks back. If we had kept up our form this thread would be completely different.

Of course. We’d be 2pts ahead and in control of our title push if the form continued. Instead we’re 3pts behind (and goal difference)..

The team has faltered. Again. Time is up for a number of this squad.

I am now of that opinion and hope clement is to

Not that we have much choice mind you but never mind

He gave me one of the best moments of my life and one I don’t think I could relive if given the opportunity or chance or even knew it was coming type of thing
If Cantwell can be trusted to sit on McGregor, I’d like Sterling in cm to go on hetate (when they have the ball). I think if we can stop those two, we’ve got a good chance. Admittedly however, easier said that done.

Lundstram was having a great season up until our form dipped a few weeks back. If we had kept up our form this thread would be completely different.
Nope, wanted him gone months back, got slated by a few posters, but hey ho thats a forum with different opinions.

If we’re looking to build a long term successful team then we have to learn when a player’s time has come to a natural end to free up a wage. We did this well during nine in a row days. Thanks for your service sir. Need to recruit younger hungrier players to get to a higher level.

If we’re looking to build a long term successful team then we have to learn when a player’s time has come to a natural end to free up a wage. We did this well during nine in a row days. Thanks for your service sir. Need to recruit younger hungrier players to get to a higher level.

I don't think we did in the latter years of NIAR.

Souness was tremendous at flipping players and refreshing the squad and TBF Walter did a great job initially with the rebuild forced upon him by the three foreigner rule but by about 1996 the squad was bloated and there were guys sitting in the stand who were barely playing for us and just collecting a wage. Trevor Steven was still on our books at the age of 34 and barely played in his last three years at the club. Ditto Durrant from 1995 and he didn't leave until 1998.

It's why there was a such a massive turnover required when Advocaat arrived.

He’s got the ball most than any other player probs taking it from defenders, his form dips a lot too so combine that. If he ain’t accepting new terms then move him on, think we can do better to be honest.

Looking forward to the young, high-potential and cheap midfielders everyone seems to think we'll be signing.

Lundstram is literally our midfield, if we can’t get anyone reliable to play in beside him who we getting to replace him ?

Jack, Dowell, Cifuentes, Lammers, Raskin, Lawrence, Cantwell. Lowry

We’ve tried also tried Sands, Bacuna, Ofoborh !

Tillman and Bayern sussed Beale out pretty quick and decided not to return.

Time to let go. He's 31 next season and if we give him a 2 or 3yr contract we are going to be left with some1 who's legs will start to get slower.

He's been a decent free but time to bring in younger hungrier players

I don't think we did in the latter years of NIAR.

Souness was tremendous at flipping players and refreshing the squad and TBF Walter did a great job initially with the rebuild forced upon him by the three foreigner rule but by about 1996 the squad was bloated and there were guys sitting in the stand who were barely playing for us and just collecting a wage. Trevor Steven was still on our books at the age of 34 and barely played in his last three years at the club. Ditto Durrant from 1995 and he didn't leave until 1998.

It's why there was a such a massive turnover required when Advocaat arrived.

The fact we brought Gough back when Amoruso got injured for the attempt to make it 10 summed up how poor we were at squad building and moving on from the old guard.

I was quite impressed with Raskin cameo the other day when he came on. He looked leaner and hungry when he came on. Hopefully he’s had kick up the arse from the gaffer to improve or he’ll be out the door.

Raskin would seem the natural replacement for Lundstram were the latter to leave. Bailey Rice would also have a spot opening up that he could challenge for, along with Leon King.

If we're looking at going for a younger squad overall, they would be options we already have. It would be risky, but signing someone wouldn't give guarantees either I suppose.

So if true, the timing would suggest his dip in form coincides with reaching an agreement with Trabzonspor several weeks ago.

Like Barisic, he can’t be trusted to give his all when they’re committed to elsewhere after the summer. They simply will not go in for those 50/50’s or give that extra to burst a gut if needed.

Thats the danger with allowing players to run down the deals, when they get to the January to May period of the final year, they look after themselves first and foremost. The needs of their soon-to-be former club are furthest from their thoughts.

Time to let go. He's 31 next season and if we give him a 2 or 3yr contract we are going to be left with some1 who's legs will start to get slower.

He's been a decent free but time to bring in younger hungrier players

He’s nearly a year younger than Callum McGregor.

We’ve sold Aribo for £10million and Kamara £5million to the Championship, less than 2 years after starting an Europa League Final and they can’t get a regular start.

We have one player to build a team around. Butland.

The fact we brought Gough back when Amoruso got injured for the attempt to make it 10 summed up how poor we were at squad building and moving on from the old guard.

Let him go for nothing, we then paid a fee for him to come back five months later, gave him a two year deal and then freed him at the end of the season.

He’s nearly a year younger than Callum McGregor.

We’ve sold Aribo for £10million and Kamara £5million to the Championship, less than 2 years after starting an Europa League Final and they can’t get a regular start.

We have one player to build a team around. Butland.
He's hit and miss.

Not always a 7.5+

We need to let him go.

If this is the case, say goodbye to our entire rebuild, which needs to happen badly. If Clement is making this decision then that's also worrying. If he stays, it's on 12k a week and he's back up for midfield next season. We need players who can control the ball with 1 touch and instantly releasing the ball forward with the second touch. We need fast flowing football. Not this, 3-4 touches, dilly'dalling with the ball in the centre of the park, giving every team ample time to get back in defence and back into position.

Better part of 50k a week.

For this we could get in 3 up and coming players on 15k each.
Gils smal, the left back we had the chance of getting from Twente in January, or at least sign a pre-contract, has now been snapped up by Fyernoord on a pre-contract. He is on £1,995 p/w with Twente. He'll be on max 12k when he moves. We need to stop over paying our players to play in the spl. Even that clown Kevin Kyle was ripping us apart on off the ball about us giving garbage like sandanza 15-20k a week to play division 2-1 football. Its crazy.

Better part of 50k a week.

For this we could get in 3 up and coming players on 15k each.
Gils smal, the left back we had the chance of getting from Twente in January, or at least sign a pre-contract, has now been snapped up by Fyernoord on a pre-contract. He is on £1,995 p/w with Twente. He'll be on max 12k when he moves. We need to stop over paying our players to play in the spl. Even that clown Kevin Kyle was ripping us apart on off the ball about us giving garbage like sandanza 15-20k a week to play division 2-1 football. Its crazy.

Back