Rangers to sign Charlie McCann (Daily Record)

before we get too carried away. think about some of the centre midfielders that have come from Man U academy and not lived up to the expectation.

Michael stewart for instance. Jordan Thompson.

They had similar youth careers and never made it to the top. (although Thompson is doing reasonably well)

One for the future I tale it. Whenever we are linked with a Man Utd prospect I get flashbacks to Lee Martin. Hopefully McCann will be a massive upgrade.

From the wee snippets you can watch of him, McCann looks to be very assured and confident in possession. Range of passing, neat and tidy with a decent touch. Clearly has ability.

A young pup who plays internationally for ROI coming to Rangers? That’ll set the tongues wagging amongst the shuttlestons, it will certainly smash their myth that we still have a sectarian signing policy! They do actually still believe we have that at the club, in 2021, when their club can’t even bring themselves to use GMT or BST as the proper time zone in their communications, or allow their non-Catholic staff to say they aren’t Catholic or Celtic fans…

This young lad is a serious prospect, and coming from Man Utd to Glasgow will turn more than a few heads. The club are doing fantastic luring this type of talent, as well as the first tram signings they have made.

Absolutely on the up and up!

Hes going to face the same problems our home grown midfielders do, whos he going to replace in the XI? Never going to play this season, difficult to see him playing next as any of our starters will be replaced by an appropriate signing.
What is it they don't say?

"If they are old enough, they are good enough!"

A young pup who plays internationally for ROI coming to Rangers? That’ll set the tongues wagging amongst the shuttlestons, it will certainly smash their myth that we still have a sectarian signing policy! They do actually still believe we have that at the club, in 2021, when their club can’t even bring themselves to use GMT or BST as the proper time zone in their communications, or allow their non-Catholic staff to say they aren’t Catholic or Celtic fans…

This young lad is a serious prospect, and coming from Man Utd to Glasgow will turn more than a few heads. The club are doing fantastic luring this type of talent, as well as the first tram signings they have made.

Absolutely on the up and up!
We should mention that the lad himself is showing incredible bravery in joining us.

I had never heard of him before but he looks like a great prospect. Looks like he plays a similar position to Ofoborh, I wonder if he is being signed in addition because of his recent health worries.

It is a low risk signing, if he meets the grade then brilliant but if he doesn't then we haven't lost much money.

Mate who watches United young sides, and us quite critical, says he’s a good all rounder but not especially great at any particular style. Sounds more a b team this season job then move up

Last edited:
We should mention that the lad himself is showing incredible bravery in joining us.
Funnily enough, that thought hadn’t occurred to me but your absolutely right. He will be bombarded with the usual hatred from fans of that so-called “non-sectarian” club over yonder. He’s very brave, but if he shows that type of bravery in life, it’ll be a cakewalk for him up here.

Funnily enough, that thought hadn’t occurred to me but your absolutely right. He will be bombarded with the usual hatred from fans of that so-called “non-sectarian” club over yonder. He’s very brave, but if he shows that type of bravery in life, it’ll be a cakewalk for him up here.
Sellik fan tells me Daly wasn’t abused.
I can’t remember but, it was a different world back then.

So the record is to be believed coz we’re showing an interest in a decent prospect but when they are speculating one of our stars are being sold it’s shite !!!?

This place is strange B-)

So the record is to be believed coz we’re showing an interest in a decent prospect but when they are speculating one of our stars are being sold it’s shite !!!?

This place is strange B-)
It’s being reported by far better outlets with track records than the daily record.

Here's another video of him from last year.

I really do like the look of him.

Reading more about him he seemed to be a lot more advanced in previous years and scored a good amount of goals but is morphing more in to a 6 these days.

His passing is fantastic to watch, the technique especially, rarely is a pass overhit or underhit. Always slapped in perfectly weighted. Head up looking to play forward inbetween the lines at all times.

Sure but we have and have had a few of those, ultimately they never get XI game time at Rangers which is crucial.
Does that mean no prospect will ever be good enough so we should just give up ghost?
Or does it mean we should play prospects even if they are not good enough?

How about when a prospect improves and becomes good enough, is that not an acceptable possibility?

A young man with what looks like a decent pedigree coming to play with us, and will have great coaching from our management team who hopefully develop him into a top quality player.
For the alleged fee involved, what's not to like.

Back