Rangers TV Commercial Package for Rangers Bars, Pubs, & Clubs

Greg Marshall

Rangers are offering commercial venues the chance to buy directly from The Club.

The pass includes:

• 10 July 2021 – Tranmere Rovers v Rangers – Friendly
  • 17 July 2021 – Rangers v Arsenal – Friendly
  • 21 July 2021 – Blackpool v Rangers – Friendly
  • 24 July 2021 – Rangers v Brighton & Hove Albion – Friendly
  • 25 July 2021 – Rangers v Real Madrid – Friendly
  • 3/4/10 August – Rangers v TBC – UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round

If you are aware of any bar, pub, or RSC venue that would be interested in showing the match then please get in contact with commercial@rangers.co.uk

The commercial venues 'pass' gets the first CL qualifier as a 'bonus' then looking at that.

An observation, not a complaint. I can see how that would attract them rather than simply the friendly matches.

The commercial venues 'pass' gets the first CL qualifier as a 'bonus' then looking at that.

An observation, not a complaint. I can see how that would attract them rather than simply the friendly matches.
Depends on what way you look at it I suppose.

Its just a slightly different package to include all planned games that we are going to have the rights for pre-season.

RTV went for July pass

Possibly because after 9th August full capacity may be available??

That’s a great shout from the club. So the Royal Loyal Berkshire RSC can get the Reading walkabout to purchase this?

Would also help the RSCs when talking with venues about which games to put on.

One for commercial@rangers.co.uk who will let you know the details.
Greg it is outrageously expensive, more than double the price of sky for a month which most pubs in current climate cannot afford. Fine for the Louden or RSCs but for small local pubs mental. £950 plus VAT cuckoo. For a pub that is limited to 20 people need to sell at least 120/130 pints in 2 hours to break even !

Greg it is outrageously expensive, more than double the price of sky for a month which most pubs in current climate cannot afford. Fine for the Louden or RSCs but for small local pubs mental. £950 plus VAT cuckoo. For a pub that is limited to 20 people need to sell at least 120/130 pints in 2 hours to break even !
Do you think The Louden was exempt from this Pandemic
We have been closed for a year, why is it all right for us?
I think it is a great deal for pubs
Our Sky is £1200 per month and usually get 2 Rangers games

You’re probably the only one that can justify the outlay. Maybe some others like the GP but come on think about how many wee pubs and clubs there are literally dotted all over the UK and beyond.

I genuinely don’t know what world you are living in saying that’s a great deal for pubs. You’ve even said your Sky is the same price and you’ve got what 40 games a month maybe? You just choose not to open because it doesn’t suit your business plan.

We get 6/7 max usually a game in a standard pub in England who are nice enough to show our games. So that’s £150 for each of us to watch the games legally in the pub across the board. Or a gazillion pints.

Nonsense in that sense.

Playing the loyalty game, couldn’t we just be trusted to pay x per game then donate it to the club/RCF. Fans that don’t pay it then it’s on them.

Rangers actually might make more out of it that than £1k for 6 games. Wowzers.

Last edited:
Tricky one, I wouldn't be against the concept of a sliding price scale based on club size/bar capacity, would be difficult to manage though and would likely require extra human resources to make it viable. It doesn't seem entirely fair that small clubs with a dozen or so members who watch in a sympathetic non-Rangers bar will pay the same set fee as an active club with 100s of members. Feels inevitable that it will drive such smaller clubs to just get an individual membership and watch it that way.

It has to cost more though, the club will make a lot more from individual subscriptions than it will from people watching as part of the group in a bar or club and that has to be priced accordingly.

I don’t think pubs paying £200 per match for 6 matches, one of which will be an important Champions League qualifier is excessive in all honesty. They are not going to price it to suit your ‘2 men and a dog’ village pub.

Not sure what impact the changes in restrictions from 19 July will have but, as we’ve seen from the Euros, large gatherings of fans to watch matches in pubs and beer gardens/tents is already going on.

I don’t think pubs paying £200 per match for 6 matches, one of which will be an important Champions League qualifier is excessive in all honesty. They are not going to price it to suit your ‘2 men and a dog’ village pub.

Not sure what impact the changes in restrictions from 19 July will have but, as we’ve seen from the Euros, large gatherings of fans to watch matches in pubs and beer gardens/tents is already going on.
19th July isn't going tomake a difference in Scotland.

I have been asked to share by the commercial team. Not my role to dictate commercial packages bud.

I expect a fair few to sign up but it remains to be seen.

You’re probably the only one that can justify the outlay. Maybe some others like the GP but come on think about how many wee pubs and clubs there are literally dotted all over the UK and beyond.

I genuinely don’t know what world you are living in saying that’s a great deal for pubs. You’ve even said your Sky is the same price and you’ve got what 40 games a month maybe? You just choose not to open because it doesn’t suit your business plan.

We get 6/7 max usually a game in a standard pub in England who are nice enough to show our games. So that’s £150 for each of us to watch the games legally in the pub across the board. Or a gazillion pints.

Nonsense in that sense.

Playing the loyalty game, couldn’t we just be trusted to pay x per game then donate it to the club/RCF. Fans that don’t pay it then it’s on them.

Rangers actually might make more out of it that than £1k for 6 games. Wowzers.
I understand the money side of it more than most, but if you had a donation of say £5 to watch the game ( they do that in a lot of places ) then from a Rangers fan's point of view that is a good deal. If you are only getting 20 punters, is it really worth showing?
Of course, you can do what a lot do and buy the house price one or stream it and make a donation to Rangers Charity if you so wished
Whatever you decide I wish you all the best for the future and hope your Pub recovers from this mess we are all in, not of our making

I only pointed out the different capacity Robert. I am often in your pub.

They could base it on Rateable Value same as Sky that can be verified for any pub in a couple of minutes online.

I understand the money side of it more than most, but if you had a donation of say £5 to watch the game ( they do that in a lot of places ) then from a Rangers fan's point of view that is a good deal. If you are only getting 20 punters, is it really worth showing?
Of course, you can do what a lot do and buy the house price one or stream it and make a donation to Rangers Charity if you so wished
Whatever you decide I wish you all the best for the future and hope your Pub recovers from this mess we are all in, not of our making

Considered reply, thank you.

I’m just a punter Robert, the pub is open anyway, it’s a mutual agreement with them having 5/6 of us in spending money and we get to meet up, have a beer and watch Rangers.

But there’s no way the pub would pay that money for such little return (massive loss which I’m sure they can ill afford) or for us fans to be paying say £40 quid a head to cover it plus beer money.

You think the club would discount for actual supporters clubs

You think the club would discount for actual supporters clubs
This was discussed with Rangers during their previous "commercial " offers.
They are simply not interested in differentiating between supporters clubs who have premises and strictly commercial public houses or anyone else.

This was discussed with Rangers during their previous "commercial " offers.
They are simply not interested in differentiating between supporters clubs who have premises and strictly commercial public houses or anyone else.
Who discussed it?

Back