Rangers TV

leylandloyal

Probably been done to death on here but cannot find anything on it. So apologies.

It’s been a while since I had RTV. Am I right in thinking it is now just an app and then I would need to cast to the television?

Secondly (question from a non technical person) how would I get a VPN to interact with it if I required to use it at the same time as watching some of the content?

App or website link, a lot prefer just using the website.

You will need a VPN to get access to the majority of games. There are occasional ones that are allowed to be broadcast on the UK live. It's just a case of turn on the VPN, switch to another country and login.

I use Nord VPN, one of the club partners but there are plenty of others.

Probably been done to death on here but cannot find anything on it. So apologies.

It’s been a while since I had RTV. Am I right in thinking it is now just an app and then I would need to cast to the television?

Secondly (question from a non technical person) how would I get a VPN to interact with it if I required to use it at the same time as watching some of the content?
All the info you need is in the OP of the link posted above. If you need more info post on that thread and you will get a response.

What I would say is that the App is generally garbage. Much better to use the website, regardless of device you are using.

Laptop/HDMI remains the optimum - if messy - way to get it onto a big screen.

And yes, VPN required for almost all live matches (though you can switch the VPN off once you’ve connected to the stream).

App didn’t have the Hibs game listed on Saturday (a new first big for me) and neither the app nor the site support AirPlay annoyingly, so laptop and hdmi or tv browser if that’s your preferred choice of screen.

App didn’t have the Hibs game listed on Saturday (a new first big for me) and neither the app nor the site support AirPlay annoyingly, so laptop and hdmi or tv browser if that’s your preferred choice of screen.
I’ve never used it but both the App and website used to support AirPlay, I recall seeing the necessary icon. The App is crap and best avoided but the facility also appears to have disappeared from the website now as well - unless someone can enlighten us as to where it’s ‘hiding’.

I note the Minutes of the Fan Advisory Board state the Club will launch a new website this Summer and also a new App which ‘will bring together existing Apps’ - so perhaps a single Club App that will include RangersTV rather than it being a standalone App separate from the Club one.

Don’t use the app version. It’s absolutely shit. The app version didn’t even have the Hibs game showing last Saturday.

I emailed them all the details about it, and how only the browser version of RTV had the Hibs game available, still waiting on a reply.

RTV could & should be so much better.

I was able to airplay the Hibs game from my phone to my tv on Saturday. Browser version.

I was able to airplay the Hibs game from my phone to my tv on Saturday. Browser version.
Out of interest, where is the icon to do so now? Just had a play on my iPad and couldn’t see/find it. I’ve never used airplay but I’m sure I’ve seen an icon before.

Not for the first time this season. Quite odd. There’s been at least a couple of games since the New Year that haven’t been shown on the app. Always need to remember to log out from the app and then transfer over to the website link, which isn’t the best for ipad.

It would be good for someone on here who uses another football platform, such as Arsenal or Chelsea, and provide a comparison between our app or website for games and describe if it is similar or if there is a significant difference in overall quality of experience.

It would be good for someone on here who uses another football platform, such as Arsenal or Chelsea, and provide a comparison between our app or website for games and describe if it is similar or if there is a significant difference in overall quality of experience.

I can’t say for certain but I’d imagine ours is probably the cheapest of the cheap in comparison to EPL clubs.

Out of interest, where is the icon to do so now? Just had a play on my iPad and couldn’t see/find it. I’ve never used airplay but I’m sure I’ve seen an icon before.

There used to be an icon yeah.

To get mine working on Saturday I had to start the video then swipe down on my phone & use the screen mirroring option. So not like airplay as before.

Wouldn’t work with my iPad at all.

I emailed RTV support again this morning asking for an update. A shoddy service at best these days.

There used to be an icon yeah.

To get mine working on Saturday I had to start the video then swipe down on my phone & use the screen mirroring option. So not like airplay as before.

Wouldn’t work with my iPad at all.

I emailed RTV support again this morning asking for an update. A shoddy service at best these days.
As per post #10 it looks like we might be getting a single, consolidated Club App - ideally including RangersTV - this Summer. It couldn't be any worse surely. Could it?:eek::)

For iPhone users, the Lightning Digital AV Adapter (£49) supports mirroring of what is displayed on your device screen — including apps, presentations, websites, slideshows and more — to your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector or other compatible display in up to 1080p HD.

Expensive but benefits from physical connection to the tv. Actually prefer to keep my phone out of reach when the match is on.

The app disappeared for me about a month ago and is now seemingly no longer available in the Apple App Store. Anyone else experienced this?

For iPhone users, the Lightning Digital AV Adapter (£49) supports mirroring of what is displayed on your device screen — including apps, presentations, websites, slideshows and more — to your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector or other compatible display in up to 1080p HD.

Expensive but benefits from physical connection to the tv. Actually prefer to keep my phone out of reach when the match is on.
That’s what I’ve used for a while now and it’s decent. I think I got the casting function on the app working with difficulty, a handful of times in the back end of the 2021-22 season before I gave up and bought the adapter.

Last edited:
The app disappeared for me about a month ago and is now seemingly no longer available in the Apple App Store. Anyone else experienced this?
Yeah, the RangersTV App disappeared from the Apple App Store a fair old while ago. Strangely still available on the Google Play Store if you have Android though.

RangersTV, at the moment, seems to have issues with Apple devices. When I click to go full screen on my iPad precisely nothing happens and the video screen size remains the same. It didn't used to be that way.

Yeah, the RangersTV App disappeared from the Apple App Store a fair old while ago. Strangely still available on the Google Play Store if you have Android though.

RangersTV, at the moment, seems to have issues with Apple devices. When I click to go full screen on my iPad precisely nothing happens and the video screen size remains the same. It didn't used to be that way.

Been like this all season for me on iPad and it’s a pain in the arse trying to get it close to the proper size on TV by pinching/stretching the iPad image. RTV is better than nothing, but not nearly as good as it should be.

I can’t say for certain but I’d imagine ours is probably the cheapest of the cheap in comparison to EPL clubs.
are will still using Stadion/Stream AMG as the provider, who we signed up with in 2020?

if so, at the time they were the same provider as Manchester City and PSG.

today they provide for liverpool and everton, our logo is still on their website (but not on this link)

They are one of, if not the biggest, provider

Last edited:
are will still using Stadion/Stream AMG as the provider, who we signed up with in 2020?

if so, at the time they were the same provider as Manchester City and PSG.

Currently its still StreamAMG. No idea if we are changing in conjunction with the new website/app or not. I would doubt it.

According to your link, more than 75% of EPL clubs rely on StreamAMG.

They are big, big players in the sports market.

I think our main issues are with the website - and the dreadful app.

Currently its still StreamAMG. No idea if we are changing in conjunction with the new website/app or not. I would doubt it.

According to your link, more than 75% of EPL clubs rely on StreamAMG.

They are big, big players in the sports market.

I think our main issues are with the website - and the dreadful app.
The app and website will probably be from Stream AMG, exactly what they provide to everyone else, just with our branding

The app and website will probably be from Stream AMG, exactly what they provide to everyone else, just with our branding
No idea. I'd be surprised if any of the big hitters in the EPL are persevering with an App that is as bad as ours - and isn't even available on the Apple App Store now for many months. Surely not?

No idea. I'd be surprised if any of the big hitters in the EPL are persevering with an App that is as bad as ours - and isn't even available on the Apple App Store now for many months. Surely not?
DO these clubs have streaming apps in the apple store? its very expensive to keep ios streaming apps updated. If its not driving new subscribers every day its unlikely to be worth the investment

Liverpool seem to have liverpool tv go on android. The reviews are not good

Back