Rangers under-18s playing Celtc

He’s hopeless all our sides are tiny and regular get humped , we only look at technical ability don’t look at anything else

yes but not academy director he was head of academy coaching then got the full gig when mulholland left
Is the technical aspect not what we've been crying out for?

Having big lumps may get results at youth level, but that likely doesn't translate to senior football when the physical advantage is no longer there.

Elfideldo will know better than anyone but every time I check in to the youth games we seem to be losing, or have lost - am I imaging this?

Is the technical aspect not what we've been crying out for?

Having big lumps may get results at youth level, but that likely doesn't translate to senior football when the physical advantage is no longer there.
You need every aspect to become a footballer not just technical ability no point being skillful if u can’t run , our 16s lost 8-0 to hearts at the weekend with 2 over age players playing hearts had no over age players , our 14s lost 5-0 to hearts , our 13s lost 8-2 to sheep . Results are not the be all and end all but getting humped at any level at rangers shouldn’t happen and it happens a lot .

You need every aspect to become a footballer not just technical ability no point being skillful if u can’t run , our 16s lost 8-0 to hearts at the weekend with 2 over age players playing hearts had no over age players , our 14s lost 5-0 to hearts , our 13s lost 8-2 to sheep . Results are not the be all and end all but getting humped at any level at rangers shouldn’t happen and it happens a lot .
We used to win all our games at youth level yet very, very few of these players progressed to our first team.

I remember boys teams from Scotland going over to Holland for tournaments , we would win all the time up until about 15 then they would destroy us. (because of their technical ability)

We used to win all our games at youth level yet very, very few of these players progressed to our first team.

I remember boys teams from Scotland going over to Holland for tournaments , we would win all the time up until about 15 then they would destroy us. (because of their technical ability)
Well now we don’t produce players and also don’t win youth games ,

He’s hopeless all our sides are tiny and regular get humped , we only look at technical ability don’t look at anything else

yes but not academy director he was head of academy coaching then got the full gig when mulholland left
Is it this team that is going to be playing Aberdeen in the cup final? Apparently Aberdeen are massive favourites for it.

Any way you look at it, surely that’s a hugely concerning set of results…

Rangers is all about winning you can’t teach kids that’s it’s ok to lose most weeks then expect them to get to the first team and face a totally different set of circumstances , you don’t have to win every week at youth level but you must compete and have standards and certainly shouldn’t be getting embarrassed by clubs like hearts .

We have some very good players in the academy we always have done but what happens to them as they get older ?? Most get released as they don’t improve and we spunk plenty on social media signings from here there and everywhere who also get released around 2 year later .

We spend millions on our academy every year and it isn’t working despite all the buzzwords and new ideas they come out with every few months , maybe it’s time we looked at the leadership and coaching within it instead of saying the kids are not good enough and wasting money .

Absolutely… I was in West Germany in 1974 with Claremont BC from EK, we had four teams and I was part of the youngest u14 team, we won all our games 5-0 or more, our u16 teams games were much closer but both our u18 and u21teams were well beaten in all their games.

Couple of things that I’ll always remember is all games were played on amazing grass pitches, also in the u14 games, their coach blew a whistle every 10min and all the outfield players rotated round one position.
While we were all learning to play one position, they were learning g to play all positions
I always thought that was a great idea

Ill throw another grenade in even at 14 they look for everyone to play equal game time.
I don’t really have too much of an issue with that as long as it’s merited by effort , my thinking is if a coach doesn’t think a player is good enough to get equal game time then why is he then still at the club unless it’s down to physical reasons . You don’t develop players by having them sitting at the sidelines however players must learn a place in the side has to be earned and fought for sooner or later .

Is it this team that is going to be playing Aberdeen in the cup final? Apparently Aberdeen are massive favourites for it.
Aberdeen and Hearts currently have the best Academy setup's according to our own @elfideldo who sees and reports on many of these matches. His threads are worth the read - as depressing as they often are right now.

Aberdeen are favourites because they are better basically.

My report on last night's defeat to Celtic for the U18's

By age 15/16 most professional youth teams in Scotland only contain 2 or 3 players who have a genuine chance of reaching a very good level.

The rest are just there to make up the numbers.

Back