Article Rangers v Celtic - Post-War League Matches At Ibrox

mdingwall

Administrator
Rangers v Celtic - Post-War League Matches At Ibrox
https://www.followfollow.com/rangers-v-celtic-post-war-league-matches-at-Ibrox/

For a wee bit of pre-Sunday fun, can you name the 12 Englishmen that have scored for us against Celtic in a league game at Ibrox in the post-war era?

For a wee bit of pre-Sunday fun, can you name the 12 Englishmen that have scored for us against Celtic in a league game at Ibrox in the post-war era?
Completely guessing blind with some of these

Terry Butcher
Josh Windass
James Tavernier
Trevor Stevens
Greame Roberts
Ray Wilkins
Mark Walters
Rod Wallace
Paul Gascoigne
Ryan Kent
Connor Goldson
Gary Stevens

Completely guessing blind with some of these

Terry Butcher
Josh Windass
James Tavernier
Trevor Stevens
Greame Roberts
Ray Wilkins
Mark Walters
Rod Wallace
Paul Gascoigne
Ryan Kent
Connor Goldson
Gary Stevens
Good start.....8/12!

Roberts, Kent, Goldson and Gary Stevens are the ones on uour list that haven't scored at Ibrox against them. Don't think Robbo or Gary scored elsewhere either, although both Kent and Goldson have scored at their place :)

Very good article, and some fascinating stats in it.

It's an age thing, but the first game I thought of on seeing the thread title was the first time I saw us beat them in the league at Ibrox.

Rangers 3 Celtic 0 in January 1975.

They were going for 10 in a row, and it was very tight st the top. We destroyed them, with Tommy McLean absolutely brilliant on a mud heap of a pitch. His crosses were headed in by DJ and Parlane for the first and third, and he scored the second himself.
We never looked back after that, it was THE game that won the title back at last.

Very good article, and some fascinating stats in it.

It's an age thing, but the first game I thought of on seeing the thread title was the first time I saw us beat them in the league at Ibrox.

Rangers 3 Celtic 0 in January 1975.

They were going for 10 in a row, and it was very tight st the top. We destroyed them, with Tommy McLean absolutely brilliant on a mud heap of a pitch. His crosses were headed in by DJ and Parlane for the first and third, and he scored the second himself.
We never looked back after that, it was THE game that won the title back at last.
Thanks for the feedback, @dh1963.

I remember watching the game you refer to on the 'Old Firm Classics' video that was released. Wee Tommy's goal was stunning when you consider he almost had to plough his way through the pitch!

Best Ibrox match for me was the 4-0 in 2000 when Gio bent a beauty into the net at the Copland Road end with his left foot. We ended up 21 points clear of them at the end of that season :)

Haven't read the thread.

Wilkins, Rod Wallace, Tavenier, Windass, Drinkell, Hately, Spackman, Butcher, Gazza, Walters, West, Stevens

Few guesses in there.

Haven't read the thread.

Wilkins, Rod Wallace, Tavenier, Windass, Drinkell, Hately, Spackman, Butcher, Gazza, Walters, West, Stevens

Few guesses in there.
All good apart from Spackman, West and, I'm assuming, Gary Stevens?

Back