Rangers v Celtic Under 18 Cup final live on BBC tonight

The nephew of one of the lads in our supporters club, Nathan Patterson, will be at full back for the Gers tonight.

He's quick, strong and from good Rangers stock.

Both his dad and uncle are ex army, hard as %^*& and keep his feet firmly on the ground.

Good luck to Nathan and the rest of the young Bears tonight.

I was very impressed with this boy when I went to the under 18 game last week

I thought the boy Dickson was excellent in this tie last season - as was the boy Patterson at right back. C'mon the young Gers tonight...

Dickson was very good last year. I'm sure he used to be a celtic fan as well. Hopefully drummed out him now haha

Was it not their antics at Firhill with the smoke bombs, and some tim on tim fighting etc?
There was smoke bombs & flares from our side, broken seats & smoke bombs on their side.

The next year at the piggery there was a flare on our side & supposedly broken seats.

They’ve not opened it to the public since. Basically panty wetting over nothing. It never once descended in to violence, trouble or anything like that. The police just can’t be arsed having to go to the game.

I remember how good he was in last years final.

Interestingly enough, and shows how well we’re doing things, I’m sure the full starting 11 that won last years Glasgow Cup final is eligible to start tonight.

Our team that night:

Budinauckas, Patterson, Finlayson, McLelland, Butterworth, Williamson, Miller, Dickson, McPake, Mebude, Kennedy
I was very impressed with this boy when I went to the under 18 game last week

He's a cracking prospect.

Bombs forward at pace at every opportunity, but knows how to defend too.

Is this new channel just called BBC Scotland on the iPlayer ?

As opposed to BBC 1 Scotland?

It was nobodys fault, but the authorities being utter helmets. As per usual.

Are you not willing to admit it’s nobody’s else’s fault but fans from both sides
Where do you actually get this pish about it being the authorities being at fault
It’s a youth football match were young kids go to watch there brother , cousin , Uncle or worse case young Da

Authorities have a duty of care for everyone attending and if cunts can’t behave from both sides then they can’t guarantee the safety of spectators young and old

Time you got a grip of reality and fully except we are all sitting having to watch game in the house because of absolute arseholes from both fan bases

That my friend is what has taken a moment to remember away from these young guys playing in this match tonight
Nothing to do with authorities

Are you not willing to admit it’s nobody’s else’s fault but fans from both sides
Where do you actually get this pish about it being the authorities being at fault
It’s a youth football match were young kids go to watch there brother , cousin , Uncle or worse case young Da

Authorities have a duty of care for everyone attending and if cunts can’t behave from both sides then they can’t guarantee the safety of spectators young and old

Time you got a grip of reality and fully except we are all sitting having to watch game in the house because of absolute arseholes from both fan bases

That my friend is what has taken a moment to remember away from these young guys playing in this match tonight
Ask the players what they thought of the fans in they 2 finals.

They fuckin loved it.

It has never been unsafe though. Can't be any worse than a Scottish cup game or even a standard league game. There are kids at all football matches in the UK.

Ask the players what they thought of the fans in they 2 finals.

They fuckin loved it.

Did you expect them not to like it ?
I’m not getting what your point is , can you explain why it’s authorities fault the game can’t be viewed by fans at Hampden?

Did you expect them not to like it ?
I’m not getting what your point is , can you explain why it’s authorities fault the game can’t be viewed by fans at Hampden?
Because they shut the doors as the police can’t be arsed having to turn up and police a large amount of fans.

There was no trouble, no violence, no injurys.

The fans loved it, the players loved the fans, the only people with an issue is authoritys.

I remember how good he was in last years final.

Interestingly enough, and shows how well we’re doing things, I’m sure the full starting 11 that won last years Glasgow Cup final is eligible to start tonight.

Our team that night:

Budinauckas, Patterson, Finlayson, McLelland, Butterworth, Williamson, Miller, Dickson, McPake, Mebude, Kennedy
Once those kids reach 1st team level we will hopefully be rid of Ashley. With the length of some of those names, the Megastore will be coining it in if they charge per letter on replica shirts

Because they shut the doors as the police can’t be arsed having to turn up and police a large amount of fans.

There was no trouble, no violence, no injurys.

The fans loved it, the players loved the fans, the only people with an issue is authoritys.

Your good will give you that

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ic-vs-Rangers-Under-17-Glasgow-Cup-final.html

Two more arrests after Celtic v Rangers Under-17s Cup Final http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22483405

Arresting schoolboys for letting off smoke bombs.

Again, utterly pathetic from the authoritys. If thats your idea of trouble/violence then the world must be a scary place for you.

And you think thats enough to close the doors to +6k people attending these finals. Unreal.

Last edited:
Surprised that Karamoko Dembele is still with them.
I thought he'd be captain of Barcelona by now.
To be fair he’s a huge prospect, I thought he’d be away by now. He’ll be a couple of years younger than most in this game though.

Where did you find the table?
I didn’t, @elfideldo mentioned in his last match report how things stood. I then tracked down Celtic’s result v Hamilton on Twitter (game played after his last report).

No mention of it on Celtic Academy’s Twitter (always a good sign). Hamilton Academy’s Twitter were all over, 2-0 to the Accies.

But have failed to beat them in 2 matches this season.
3-3 at home and 2-3 away I believe. That can happen. The teams are obviously very close but being 8 points clear makes us favourites. Big game for our left back tonight marking wee Dembele though.

Any bookies running a market for this game? I can't find any at all.

Regardless I am really looking forward to the game especially because I haven't seen much of this group of players other than their results.

Back