Match Thread Rangers v Dundee - 19:30 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Quite significantly a better team than the one chosen at the Chamber.

Hoping for a strong showing from that midfield in the next two outings so we don't get subjected to John the jogger at Hampden.

Ideally some goals and we get a nice showing from McKinnon and Lowry off the bench.

Reckon 3-0 now we're finishing second and players can feel more at home.

Maybe he didn't think Yilmaz was fit enough to lasting a high paced game where he knew we would be under pressure for long periods. Managing his minutes. Every chance be a different tempo and less physically demanding versus Dundee
A manager shouldn't be "managing minutes" when a league title is on the line in a must win game

I am convinced Yilmaz could have started the game on Saturday.

Give me the 9IAR attitude within the club that we have been missing for so long any day, instead of this nonsense.

I do wonder about Clement at times.

I really do.

Like many of his players, his decision making at times is really poor. Really poor.

1_GettyImages-1817400796.jpg

King and Davies at centre back is giving me horrible flashbacks. Absolute nightmare material those days.

Hes got to set them up to score goals.

Not that we have a chance of winning the thing but the fans are really starting to doubt the manager with his tactics and style of play.

Needs to take his long ball and throw it in the bin

Get Silva in behind Dessers and Roofe with Jack and Sterling in midfield
Sterling is injured.

A manager shouldn't be "managing minutes" when a league title is on the line in a must win game

I am convinced Yilmaz could have started the game on Saturday.

Give me the 9IAR attitude within the club that we have been missing for so long any day, instead of this nonsense.
No duty of care to players? That would go down well with potential signing targets. Let's just ruin players careers by putting them in situations where they're body can't cope.

Glad you had his medical records, physio and conditioning reports. Maybe you could have passed them onto Clement as he obviously didn't have access to them.

Shame we've not got Souttar, Balogun and Sterling available tonight but it's not a bad starting 11. Would have probably done more with that on Saturday.

Dreadful central defensive pairing, albeit little choice, a midfield who have never played together, and the usual up front, it looks awful to me, and it’s going to be a tough slog, but then again, Dundee are guff.

No duty of care to players? That would go down well with potential signing targets. Let's just ruin players careers by putting them in situations where they're body can't cope.

Glad you had his medical records, physio and conditioning reports. Maybe you could have passed them onto Clement as he obviously didn't have access to them.
He was fine to play 35 mins on Saturday and then start tonight though.

Of course he was fit enough to start on Saturday.

It was simply another wrong selection from Clement. And not for the first time.

So Raskin, who was getting dogs abuse on here when he was playing, is the new superstar who Clement should have been playing every week?
I was about to make the same point. Just because he came on and did OK in a game that was already gone, suddenly he's gone from zero to hero again. If he plays poorly tonight, there will be a pile on again.

Hope he does well as he looked good when he arrived, but he's had a very poor season.

I don’t see how that can be argued, especially with the title on the line.

The latest baffling call from Clement.

I've done my back in big time and been given tramadol. Contemplating them pre match and not pre bed!

Bar centre half position, team looks fine, but how the hell does Yilmaz now start this dead rubber, 3 days after our must win game.
Cant fathom that, also Cantwell not been managed well.
Just want the early Big Phil can do wrong vibes to come back, let’s hope decent finish to season.

I don’t see how that can be argued, especially with the title on the line.

The latest baffling call from Clement.
Yep. In these scenarios you spill blood, not "manage minutes".. Another questionable call from Clement.

I think back to the 9IAR days and the mentality they had then. We could do with that these days.

Take it you don’t know how injuries work no? Please enlighten us to yilmazs training load over the last 2 weeks, how he is feeling and his level of fitness.

Or keep posting bashing clement. Upto you

Looking at the numbers around the stadium I think we are probably looking at about 34k tonight. Very quiet.

Also wonder if sone people don't realise it's a 19:30 kick off.

Really hope raskin shows us what he can do this week.

Lowry on the bench is an interesting one. I’ve not given up on his talent yet. If we need someone to do something special next weekend in the last 20 minutes I’d suggest he’s more likely than MacCausland or wright… Sima better be fit next weekend!

I'll never understand choosing Lawrence for Parkhead. And then giving him 15 minutes of the 2nd half when we’re at 10 men.

Interesting to see what Raskin can do with the SC Final coming up.

Hopefully we use the young lads for subs tonight.

Bar centre half position, team looks fine, but how the hell does Yilmaz now start this dead rubber, 3 days after our must win game.
Cant fathom that, also Cantwell not been managed well.
Just want the early Big Phil can do wrong vibes to come back, let’s hope decent finish to season.
I’m struggling to see how people are not understanding that (in your fucking words) a dead rubber is a hell of a lot easier to start a semi fit player in, particularly when there is nothing on the game and against dross, then away at our title rivals in a vital game. Use some damned common sense man.

Anyone looked at the dundee team? Are they going for it? If they are, I'd expect a quick few goals from us and to coast it home

Imagine the reaction if Yilmaz had started on Saturday, miles off the pace, got rinsed by that rat Forrest, reinjured himself and left us going into the summer with any prospect of selling Yilmaz off the table and no idea what condition he might be in going into next season.

Back