Match Thread Rangers v Dundee - 19:30 Tuesday - Sky Sports

It’s pretty much what I’ve been saying.
People have been looking for anything, in desperation, to explain our loss in form, different players, formation etc, but it’s as simple as, this current squad just aren’t good enough and no amount of turf polishing is going to change that.
It's bonkers.

Completely agree. Now people have the midfield they wanted to start the OF and it's being pissed on by Dundee.

But it's the manager's fault.

Cantwell and Raskin have been rank all season.

Firstly him being injured more than he’s fit isn’t good enough and he’s nowhere near as good as plenty make out. Far too many are only good as plenty hate the other option more.

Couldn’t agree less. He had a few iffy games when he forced his way into the team then was easily one of our better players for the games he played once he got minutes in his legs.

If we can get him to stay fit he will be a key player. If the injuries continue we should punt him as he’s one of the few assets we have.

I’ve been critical too but we are one more injury away from you and I being offered a game.
Sorry I don’t buy that. King aside, that team could easily have been a normal team that was put out this season in a game by PC, without raising that much of an eyebrow. And it’s Dundee at home as well.

Players downed tools weeks ago and Clement still persists with the same failing tactics. Everyone at that club should be embarrassed with themselves.

What is a change of tactics going to do in fixing the problem of players downing tools? Genuinely. People keep saying shit like this and it's nonsensical. Surely if the players have downed tools, then any formation they play in isn't going to fucking matter, zero effort is being made. It's evident.

For everyone shouting this pish about getting rid of Clement, replace him with who exactly? Pep couldn’t make this team capable of winning a league. They are utter garbage. Beyond sick of the same pish season after season.
Its just insane to even suggest getting rid og Big Phil as he hasnt even had a full season with us yet. Folk need to stop thinking Ibrox has a revolving door.

He can’t change tactics, what part of that can’t you understand ???
Why do tactics need to change when it's personnel having errors and missing chances and those that didn't cause errors and miss chances are injured.

What part of the tactics worked just fine to get us 5 points clear and win a trophy and beat Betis and top the Europa group and get to the SC final before injuries and mistakes from replacements crept in can't you understand?

Can someone please tell me what McCausland offers?

Genuinely?
A goal
Time for pc to rip arse holes in this dressing room.

That's an utter disgrace of a score.
Someone said McInnes in now. I can't help thinking of the two types of dressing rooms we would have. Phil talking about how he lives football and your all much better than you think and McInnes going radio rental. Can't help thinking how different a bluenose ex player in charge Vs mild mannered Phil. It's just a thought before you all slate me

I don’t think people understand that if we want to get rid of players, someone else has to want them, and that someone else has to match what we are paying them. Otherwise they can sit tight and pick up free money every week. It’s not football manager.
Correct. So many on here post the same crap repeatedly. It amazes me how they don't know how contracts work. It's quite embarrassing

For the first time in my life I actually agree with this

For 2 reasons.

What he’s done at Kilmarnock has enhanced his CV

He knows what’s needed in Scotland. Clement doesn’t get it, playing OF games with slow, lazy midfielders
For me, Clement has to get pre-season and the summer window, but if we come back looking as unconvincing as we have been for the past couple of months, we're back looking for a new manager again by October and I honestly think at that point it's McInnes. What he's done at Killie with their resources, taking wins off both us and the scum, is impressive and I'm convinced now that it would translate to Ibrox and get us results. To anyone saying "But the football would be bad" - the football has been shit for the best part of three years.

Groundhog Day.

James tavernier posted missing TWICE on the right to stop a cross, instead it’s mccausland.

Then Yilmaz not defending the back post.

Actually horrific, Sunday league level defending.

Clement better rid us of these wasters man. Fücking dugmeat.

Wasn’t it their left back that crossed both balls in?

The players are shite but this long ball crap has to be coming from the manager.

Sick of it
Our tactics and shape have been absolutely stinking for months. If we don’t have the players to suit his formation then play a different formation. A one trick pony doesn’t generally do well.

We are missing a playmaker in midfield. Cantwell is all over the place and jogs back to defend when he feels like it. Diomande, I’m sad to say, is unable to dominate the midfield. We had chances, with Silva and McCausland, but not good enough. Clement must be scratching his head what to do. How about 3 in midfield for starters and start to dominate. Change the structure, otherwise, he’ll be getting his jotters half way next season.

Why the custodians of our club can’t see this is beyond me.
A blind man on a flying horse can see the common denominator.
Yep. Gio took us to a European final/won the Scottish cup and had us qualify for the CL, Clement had a wonderful start, bagging Silverware. These guys are not duff managers.

As you say, eventually there’s a common denominator mate.

Boyd saying McAusland has to get tighter for the second cross, but he was the only one who reacted to the short free kick and was trying to cover both players himself. Rest of the team was asleep.

Doesn’t excuse his defending for the first (nor King or Ridvan’s).

Have you missed the last 3 seasons, this is what the players do regardless of who their manager is.
The manager has dragged these players as far as they can but we all know this is what they do I just hope Clement and Koppen as ruthless in the summer can't stand to watch these players next season I'm a Tav fan but sadly he's done.

We setup like a diddy team against Celtic , we are playing like a diddy team against another diddy team , think we are now officially a diddy team

Clement is seriously up against it this summer with each passing game.

I can’t see anything but a loss in the final either which again will do him no favours.

We’ve been abysmal for months.
The final is a nailed on loss. Do any of these players tonight scream play me in the final. Absolutely none of them. They're terrified of the crash barriers, and terrified of a raping at Hampden. Clear as day.

We haven't learned anything new tonight - what were ppl expecting ?

We have a group of players who for the first few months were riding on thre wave of a new manager , now they have reverted back to their timid type , we need to absolutely gut the place in the summer to have any hope

The more you watch the 2nd goal the worse it gets.

Ridvan on the right side in no mans land, McCausland nowhere near close enough to stop the cross. Raskin moves as if he's going to intercept and doesn't. King lets his man away and get the touch to score. 6 of our players in the box to their 3. Even if we clear that cross there are, 2 Dundee players in acres of space on the edge of the box.

What is a change of tactics going to do in fixing the problem of players downing tools? Genuinely. People keep saying shit like this and it's nonsensical. Surely if the players have downed tools, then any formation they play in isn't going to fucking matter, zero effort is being made. It's evident.

Well it could at least show us Clement is trying something!!! He praises those shitebags every week so in theory it's the system that must be the problem so change it around and expose the frauds!!!

Stuck a speculative in play tenner on Rangers to beat Dundee at Ibrox

If anything proves how low grade we are it's surely that.

A soaking wet, ill-suited Tony Docherty about to swagger out of Ibrox with 3 points.

Toaster. Bath.

That’s 45 minutes I’ve watched and never once saw any of the players talking or encouraging one another. The squad morale and harmony is non existent.

Back