Match Thread Rangers v Dundee - 19:30 Tuesday - Sky Sports

A year and a half cantwell and raskin have been here and have done nothing .

Compare that with o riley at the pedos and they stand to sell him for at least £15 million.

As a club we are a shambles.
It's what happens when you keep signing basket cases and think you are the one to straighten them out.

Like the guy who always picks the mental birds to go out with.

Boyd saying McAusland has to get tighter for the second cross, but he was the only one who reacted to the short free kick and was trying to cover both players himself. Rest of the team was asleep.

Doesn’t excuse his defending for the first (nor King or Ridvan’s).
The defending is a huge issue. The Dundee players smell blood.

Shite isn’t it? Team selections weird, weird use of one of our best players, hoof it to f*ck and hope for the best tactics with no target man… Especially shite when there’s a better manager 20mile down the M77.
We’re literally playing everything on the deck tonight. You’re making this mistaken argument everyone on here has been parroting since Saturday. We’ve maybe chipped or low crossed two or three balls into Dessers/RM, but almost all of our plays are coming from out wide or through the middle

It feels like a scattergun approach to blaming players but that comes from not one part of the side functioning, you can pick any player from defence, midfield or attack tonight and have a go, it would be hard to make a case in support for any

It’s a mess

So why is he continuing with the same playing staff. Why not drop some of them and put in some of the U23s and tell them this is your chance to step up, there’s a cup final after these 2 league games, go out and take your place. Rather than persisting with the shite???
Have you seen some of our young players ? They're also not really good unfortunately.

I don't believe for one minute Clement is playing a formation to suit the players he has got .... the formation doesn't work, the players are pathetic and I really don't know what I am feeling about the manager

Yh

Would genuinely have Luke McCowan of Dundee ahead of Raskin. At least he is mobile, can pass the ball forward and chip in with goals. He should be shown the door. Wouldn't miss Cantwell either. I was willing to give both the benefit of doubt but every time they should be stepping up they fail miserably

They should be running the midfield at a canter against Dundee but have done absolutely nothing. We should be going in 2-0 down, Dundee switch off due to being 2 up
In defence of Raskin, the manager has binned him all season for Lundstram. Wouldn't be surprised if he has checked out.

I totally disagree. I think he would be a great appointment. I would also argue that had we put him in place instead of Clement we would have won the league this year. Look at the job McInnes has done at Killie with a way lesser squad and way less funds. He knows what he is doing. And I will tell you something else, I will trust Walter Smith’s judgement over anyone on this forum.
Correct me if I’m wrong, didnt Walter smith recommend ally mccoist as manager?!

With it being the last home game of the season, are the players going to be tone deaf enough to take a lap of the pitch at the end of the game?

I totally disagree. I think he would be a great appointment. I would also argue that had we put him in place instead of Clement we would have won the league this year. Look at the job McInnes has done at Killie with a way lesser squad and way less funds. He knows what he is doing. And I will tell you something else, I will trust Walter Smith’s judgement over anyone on this forum.
In no way should we be looking at sacking Clement right now. He needs time to build his own squad and clear out the negative influences.

When the time comes though, I totally agree he will be the right man for our job.

Nope. Alarm bells are ringing loudly. But he does deserve opportunity to get rid of the shite and bring in his own players.

The issue is though, if we finish season poorly, which looks likely, and fail to win the cup, again something that is more likely than not, then he is under severe pressure to start season perfectly.
Say we give him money for his own players and we continue next season under the same form. We’ll say we ignored the warning signs.

The cruel reality is that we have no choice really but to back Clement in the summer now, but he seems to be making his job harder and harder for himself.

We aren’t able to do 15 out, 15 in. He has to salvage some of these players and get something out of them.

And already £4.5 m on Diomande is looking very very risky.

See cunts defending clement. There’s 0 excuse no to have a style of play by now. Even if it as shit and not working. There is 0 structure or control in our play. So many desperate to excuse him! The fuckin moral winners

How many times have we seen this happen though? We've seen this happen under 4 managers.

Don't get me wrong, Clement has seriously fucked the end of this season and has questions to answer, but I refuse to believe we've just got so unlucky that 4 different managers have all been so useless. The definition of insanity is to try the same thing over and over while expecting different outcomes. The same players, the same outcomes.
It wasn't meant to be as much of a dig at Clement as it maybe read. I said the same under Beale as well so I get the point about the same players letting us down.

Point was more around how things look when we play. Whether it's poor management, players not following instructions or a combo of both

They have completely given up, never thought I would say it but am actually glad league was finished at the weekend, can you imagine the sheer pain of watching this lot needing them to try and score a barrowload of goals.
Tav and Raskin have been completely non existant.
The majority of these players don’t know what it actually means to play for rangers
Just a cup final to endure mate

Well it could at least show us Clement is trying something!!! He praises those shitebags every week so in theory it's the system that must be the problem so change it around and expose the frauds!!!

Beale tried similar toward the end and he was accused of being clueless. It's pointless, if the players have given up, there's very little he can do. It's groundhog day.

Three managers on the bounce this has happened to, and here we are, still arguing about formations or styles of play. Rather than focusing on the constant. A piss poor and overpaid squad of shite hawks.

We are going to be a shambles next season too. We will have to shoehorn in players who we couldnt shift on and need to use to supplement the squad. I can see us experimenting with Tav further up if we hopefully get a new RB in for example

Mate to be honest, if i woke up tomorrow to find out Derek McInnes was to be the Rangers manager I would be happy.

He would at least look to bring standards back and we would be a competent side with shape and the ability to score goals from set plays

I also wouldn’t be scared that we were heading to Parkhead with a side set up to play against Dundee at home
And Clement has no interest in raising standards? He's a winner. He had us playing levels and levels about our ability for months.

We'd all be thrilled with McInnes and his exciting style of football until Tavernier and his pals did the same thing yet again. Wilting like fucking toddlers when there's any kind of pressure or discord.

You do know that a LB would be directly against a RB when they’re high up crossing a ball?

Both fullbacks were utterly shameful for that first goal.
A LB gets high and it’s the opposing RB who should stop him? Surely the RW should track with him?

You think once their LB gets high, our RB just leaves his man and heads for the new guy?

Tav was nowhere near either assist, and that’s because he was man marking their LW who cut inside to create space for the LB. We man mark. That’s on Clement, and the man marker.

This squad needs gutted.

Too many in the squad happy to pick up their nice pay cheques for not a lot of effort.
The so called "Senior leadership players" I.e. Tav, Goldson, Lundstram.

for some it's a nice pay cheque for absolutely no effort. I.e. Roofe, Jack etc.

The gaffer needs to be ruthless the next couple of months, or this group will cost him his job.

The similarities with this squad and the likes of Man Utd are there to be seen, and just like them it'll be mediocre performances season after season whilst they collect their nice wages.
They're comfortable with second place and a wee run in the Europa

Back