Match Thread Rangers v Dundee - 19:30 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Clement will get his summer rebuild. Come the start of next season I think he needs to open up an early lead with a noticeably better product or the support will start to turn.

Such a disappointing lot of players. They really do not deserve us as fans. Has there been a fall out? What else can explain complete and utter capitulation? Shit players, injuries, players leaving?

Be honest, do you think he could beat them with these players?

They don't have the mental toughness
It’s up to the manager to install that belief, plus he’d be able to bring his own players. He knows the league and will know the right mentality we need to bring in

I totally disagree. I think he would be a great appointment. I would also argue that had we put him in place instead of Clement we would have won the league this year. Look at the job McInnes has done at Killie with a way lesser squad and way less funds. He knows what he is doing. And I will tell you something else, I will trust Walter Smith’s judgement over anyone on this forum.
We don't have a substandard plastic park to boot teams off of at home though.

The only thing that I can think of for our loss of form is that the core group has decided that they have had enough and are looking forward to retirement. They have made their pile and just want to get out unhurt and have a good life. This would spread to the younger players and they could be excused for saying if, he won’t do it then why the f*** should I.
Roll on the day after the cup final when we all can have enthusiasm for the new season and time will let us forget the end of this.one.

look at the reply of the 2nd goal, Yilmaz is closer to the rightback than Tav is!! Yes McAusland should do better but why is the right back not defending crossed coming in to our box from the right hand side???
Because the left back is very short, Tav was defending the left backs position for the cross they were expecting.

By all means berate the captain but not for that one.

Special mention for the referee, who's giving some of the Rangers players a run for their money at being the worst person out there tonight. I can only assume Sylla's first murder will eventually get him the booking he should have had half an hour ago.

Nope. Alarm bells are ringing loudly. But he does deserve opportunity to get rid of the shite and bring in his own players.

The issue is though, if we finish season poorly, which looks likely, and fail to win the cup, again something that is more likely than not, then he is under severe pressure to start season perfectly.
I'm more concerned about his failure to have any kind of plan B. I don't even know what his plan A is.

There's 1 man currently managing in the SPL who would do a better job.....we need to wake up and smell the coffee here. We have no money, are a bang average footballing side at best and need to get rid of this snobbery we have.

Anyone is doing well to convince me there isn't a problem in the dressing room
The problem is the same problem that has plagued our dressing room for the last 3 managers. It's full of frauds who are complete shitebags. They are completely done mentally.

Phil needs to gut them after the final

It was the same crap we had before PC came in. He now knows what needs to happen. This team is not his fault.

Created rod for his own back by dragging us back into it. If the league had finished weeks ago he would have got a pass, but he squeezed something out of these players and gave us hope. Still have faith in him to clear the dressing out and put his own mark on the team next season. For those wanting tactics changed etc, difficult to do mid season, especially when we had European football. Pre season, own squad, we go again

Either Phil has told a sizeable number already to beat it in the summer or he's lost this dressing room already.

That is not a squad playing for their manager.
Those are the two options and either way the only solution is a clear-out. We’ve tried multiple managers, seen the same failures. Trying another manager with the same group will inevitably have the same outcome.

Either Phil has told a sizeable number already to beat it in the summer or he's lost this dressing room already.

That is not a squad playing for their manager.
Maybe they'll see yet another one off?

What would that be 7 months? Getting shorter every time.

This continued idea that the manager should be turning awful players that have checked out into some slick, winning machine that play super football is so backwards.

We really don't help ourselves. McCausland scores that simple chance when one on one and the game is different. We're just so bad in our decision making. Terrible.
That's all professional football comes down to, at least in an attacking sense.

All the players are athletic and 90% of them are technically competent, but good players make the obviously correct decision more often, and the best players make good correct decisions even when it isn't obvious.

It's a pattern of past seven-odd years.

Various directors in a Rangers boardroom - who know very little about football, appointing managers whom they know very little about, in the hope the 'top candidate' can somehow rebuild every summer.

It's what happens when you keep signing basket cases and think you are the one to straighten them out.

Like the guy who always picks the mental birds to go out with.
I'm sick of us signing players who've " lost there way " it's not work for the last 6 years it needs to stop

The fundamental problem we have in this game and maybe overall is that we don't have a midfield (or midfielder) who is capable of controlling the game, of setting the tempo or in making the passes to players like Cantwell, Silva, Dessers or McCausland.

Missed the first half. Turn the telly on to see that gurning c8nt Chris Sutton leering back at me.
Telly back off.

Night night troops.

Our midfield constantly let the opposition run at our dodgy defence. It's infuriating. Think we need an extra man in there. Sterling was the obvious choice at the weekend.

Why do tactics need to change when it's personnel having errors and missing chances and those that didn't cause errors and miss chances are injured.

What part of the tactics worked just fine to get us 5 points clear and win a trophy and beat Betis and top the Europa group and get to the SC final before injuries and mistakes from replacements crept in can't you understand?
So an 11 point swing is acceptable, maybe next year we should say the league is won when a team goes 5 points clear.

Back