Match Thread Rangers v Dundee - 19:30 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Don't we use the Sky stream when it's on TV?
QTV are the SPFL outside broadcast partner who handle all the feeds for broadcasters as well as to the VAR at Clydesdale House.

It isn't clear how much input Sky or any other broadcaster/club channels have on the pictures they are receiving from their feeds of the actual match.

Wish they had left before, what a headache listening to that drone all night
There's going to be a few old gits in the Copland rear that will be dreading next season.
All that noise and enthusiasm from the UB in the Copland front will disturb their slumbers.

Shocking first half, no energy or drive, no cohesion, couldn’t pass water, conceded 2, almost a third yet somehow turned it round in the second half, with no improvement in skill, just in effort and drive, ended with a weird looking defence that were rarely troubled, and despite some odd substitutions, won it easily, as weird a game as I have seen. :oops:

I thought he improved second half but was way off it first half. Not seen much from to suggest he won't get overrun by the tramps midfield
That’s my worry.
As I’ve said umpteen times, doing it against Dundee, Ross County et al ain’t good enough.

Not doing it against Dundee Ross County Motherwell etc is even worse

Shocking first half where Dundee were genuinely the better team. 2 goals conceded from the weakest area of our pitch yet again.

Much better 2nd half. Can't even say I particularly enjoyed it bizarrely enough, was just less and less annoyed with each goal scored, but meh.

Great performance, but seen plenty of those when the league has been chucked.

Never in doubt. Superb Phil. Great tactics and decisions with subs.

A few humble pies and shitebags in hiding now in here. Doesn't matter if we're 7-0 down, we can still win 8-7. Support the team or %^*& off.
But not in the games that matter.

Cant work this team out. Bi Polar performance again tonight.
I remember Gerrard’s team seemingly needing a rocket at half time on many occasions too.

Even just a draw at Parkhead and a win at Dens and we'd be 2pts ahead of them going to Rugby Park.

What a waste of a season.
Can say similar about every tight league season over the decades. Some we've won. Some we've lost. The league is won and lost over the 38 games for every team. We can't just cherry pick. Would've been handy if we hadn't lost 3 of our first 7 games, or if we hadn't bought so poorly last summer. But we did. So let's just move onto the cup final and fingers crossed we have a few players back. Then hope for a much better transfer window and pre-season than last year.

Can say similar about every tight league season over the decades. Some we've won. Some we've lost. The league is won and lost over the 38 games for every team. We can't just cherry pick. Would've been handy if we hadn't lost 3 of our first 7 games, or if we hadn't bought so poorly last summer. But we did. So let's just move onto the cup final and fingers crossed we have a few players back. Then hope for a much better transfer window and pre-season than last year.
It is, but having dragged ourselves back into the lead, yet again the pressure games are the ones we’ve wet the bed.

Thats the issue. We don’t beat the Tims and win the crunch games at Dingwall and Dundee we don’t win the league.

Thats cherry picking and pinpointing the problem.

Couldn't tell from my seat (the ridvan part) but

Ref warned Sylla about no more fouls after frankly getting away with thuggery

Then he tried to remove Ridvans leg, still no card
And proceeded to do another few
With no card before being subbed

Must be nice to be able to sub someone who could be on the verge of a red

My (worthless) thoughts

Butland - couple of flutters and a few good saves + 1 terrific one

Tav - abysmal at RB, did well at CB
king - looked nervous and it showed up in the goals lost
Davies - did ok, another physical battle that he largely won
Ridvan - love the wee guy, if nothing else hes positive and tries to make things happen

Dio - weeks of trying to carry midfield + lack of preseason catching up with him but he was tenacious when needed

Raskin - good game, showed bite and drive

Cantwell - tried a lot first half that simply was lacking + booted up and down with little protection - brilliant 2nd half, made things happen AND hurt them

McCausland - ok at first, spooked after the sitter and lost at goals they scored but the goal he tucked away settled him into a better 2nd

Silva - frustrating again as he had decent moves but no end product, guilty off switching off too much too

Dessers - a typical CD9 night, huffs and puffs, sclaffs balls everywhere then nods in an equaliser then delays shoooting again (ffs!!) but finds first time shots blocked by us

Subs

Fraser - very good showing, confident and tidy

Mckinnon - more energy to the right and out of position he also impressed

Dowell - some neat play, some sloppiness

Roofe - couple of nice touches

Wright - took goals well, contributed more than he usually does and looked more up for it

Ref - shitebag, cowardly once again

There's going to be a few old gits in the Copland rear that will be dreading next season.
All that noise and enthusiasm from the UB in the Copland front will disturb their slumbers.
Not just the Copland I’ve to sometimes put the sound down as the drum does my knitting lol

My (worthless) thoughts

Butland - couple of flutters and a few good saves + 1 terrific one

Tav - abysmal at RB, did well at CB
king - looked nervous and it showed up in the goals lost
Davies - did ok, another physical battle that he largely won
Ridvan - love the wee guy, if nothing else hes positive and tries to make things happen

Dio - weeks of trying to carry midfield + lack of preseason catching up with him but he was tenacious when needed

Raskin - good game, showed bite and drive

Cantwell - tried a lot first half that simply was lacking + booted up and down with little protection - brilliant 2nd half, made things happen AND hurt them

McCausland - ok at first, spooked after the sitter and lost at goals they scored but the goal he tucked away settled him into a better 2nd

Silva - frustrating again as he had decent moves but no end product, guilty off switching off too much too

Dessers - a typical CD9 night, huffs and puffs, sclaffs balls everywhere then nods in an equaliser then delays shoooting again (ffs!!) but finds first time shots blocked by us

Subs

Fraser - very good showing, confident and tidy

Mckinnon - more energy to the right and out of position he also impressed

Dowell - some neat play, some sloppiness

Roofe - couple of nice touches

Wright - took goals well, contributed more than he usually does and looked more up for it

Ref - shitebag, cowardly once again
I’m hoping dowell is fit for the final as he has more drive and energy and could keep wee big eyes stum

Aye no problem ya clown. If the player doesn't want a pay off for less money we can't make.him leave. Clueless
Told you.
Always right and name call but still don't get it.
I'll explain it to someone who doesn't understand football or go to the games. If he's on £10k a week and Rangers sweeten his departure and he gets say £7k a week somewhere else, his shortfall is covered and Rangers save money on his full wage over a year.
Try darts.

Told you.
Always right and name call but still don't get it.
I'll explain it to someone who doesn't understand football or go to the games. If he's on £10k a week and Rangers sweeten his departure and he gets say £7k a week somewhere else, his shortfall is covered and Rangers save money on his full wage over a year.
Try darts.
Rangers will not be paying players off early. As I said our own chairmen has stated this. Why are we having 6 players leave shortly after their contracts have ran out. Surely by your theory they would have been paid off early and we would have saved money. But it hasn't happened. Why. Your adamant Wright will be away. It hadn't happened with McLaughlin, Roofe, Lundstrum, Barisic, Jack etc etc. Over the last 4 years we have seen lots of players nit being paid off. I'm not trying to say I'm always right. I'm pointing out what you seem to be saying will happen with Wright won't happen because it hasn't happened to a single player in the last 4 years. So why will it change just cause i said Wright will stay if he wants to stay.

Scoreline cannot sticky plaster a debacle performance which was in real danger of being a season low.

The Scottish Cup may not be much but it's there and we cannot go into it on the back of repeat poor results with rock bottom confidence.

Last night at least starts some sort of positive path to Hampden.

Scoreline cannot sticky plaster a debacle performance which was in real danger of being a season low.

The Scottish Cup may not be much but it's there and we cannot go into it on the back of repeat poor results with rock bottom confidence.

Last night at least starts some sort of positive path to Hampden.

no way was it worse than Ross County away, Killie away (first game) or even Dundee last time

Just came across this on X about Tavs stats in the first half yesterday.

Screenshot-20240515-091440-Chrome.jpg

He seems to have nose dived the past few months.
Alarming indeed.
Hope i dont see him next season but i fear we will.

no way was it worse than Ross County away, Killie away (first game) or even Dundee last time
"in danger of"

Had Rangers lost that game without playing well, theyd be onto a really tough away game at Hearts then the T!ms in the final which would be daunting.

This group lacks leadership and courage as a collective so it was imperative they turned that around and ended things on a positive.

Nobody is fooled by the score line but its a platform for the weekend and then into next.

Alarming indeed.
Clearly some Dim Tim trying their best
ZERO analysis of NON- MISTAKES
'Misplaced Header' - If I'd only a pound for every one of those in the UK last week I'd be loaded.
HILARIOUS!!!!!

Hilarious!!!!!!

Alarming indeed.

Well 'haters' are going to talk sense. Even when they're not haters.

It's quite simple, the season will be over tonight because a bunch of serial losers do what they do best. They lose when it matters.

Now if the manager doesn't bring in a commanding centre half and a right back who can actually defend in the summer (the jury right now is out on Yilmaz at left back) we'll be talking about another manager this time next year.

One of my pals is of the opinion, we can't just get rid of managers year on year. Maybe he has a point. But the other side of the coin is, we need a manager who detects weaknesses and rectifies them.

Now, I get PC has had his hands ties, one transfer window, his predecessor frittering away much needed money etc, but that defence will be his undoing if it is not changed.

SERIOUS ANALYSIS of those who are running our game should be a priority.

EVERY game should have RANDOM officials picked out of a jar like cup games- available for each club to watch.. The Demented Leprechaun and the Mhob would shit themselves with that.

Live audio of what is being said during VAR is a MUST

Otherwise just GIFT the mhob another league title!!!!

Well 'haters' are going to talk sense. Even when they're not haters.

It's quite simple, the season will be over tonight because a bunch of serial losers do what they do best. They lose when it matters.

Now if the manager doesn't bring in a commanding centre half and a right back who can actually defend in the summer (the jury right now is out on Yilmaz at left back) we'll be talking about another manager this time next year.

One of my pals is of the opinion, we can't just get rid of managers year on year. Maybe he has a point. But the other side of the coin is, we need a manager who detects weaknesses and rectifies them.

Now, I get PC has had his hands ties, one transfer window, his predecessor frittering away much needed money etc, but that defence will be his undoing if it is not changed.

Clearly some Dim Tim trying their best
ZERO analysis of NON- MISTAKES
'Misplaced Header' - If I'd only a pound for every one of those in the UK last week I'd be loaded.
HILARIOUS!!!!!

Hilarious!!!!!!

What about the misplaced defending in the first thirty seconds, which played in its part in losing us the league against the yahoos, or the misplaced chest of the ball in the first minute the following week at Paisley?

Were they hillarious!!!!! too?

What about the misplaced defending in the first thirty seconds, which played in its part in losing us the league against the yahoos, or the misplaced chest of the ball in the first minute the following week at Paisley?

Were they hillarious!!!!! too?
You sound like the author of Tavernier Mistakes

SERIOUS ANALYSIS of those who are running our game should be a priority.

EVERY game should have RANDOM officials picked out of a jar like cup games- available for each club to watch.. The Demented Leprechaun and the Mhob would shit themselves with that.

Live audio of what is being said during VAR is a MUST

Otherwise just GIFT the mhob another league title!!!!

At the risk of being accused of being a broken record, Rugby Union internationals is the model. The way to go.

Rangers should be pushing for this. The filth will argue against and we push and push till we get an answer why not?

In the meantime we should have a team (even just a couple of guys) who watch the game detached from the pitch and watching it on live TV scrutenising the referees performance and highlighting what's went on before the manager get's interviewed after the match. A Ref Report, if you will.

It's like last night. How does that Dundee defender, Sylla, escape at least a yellow card?

These things have to be highlighted, and when it concerns us, the leniency of refs seem to happen every fecking week.

Fraser has his own thread but i also thought Cole McKinnon was excellent as well - in a position he doesn't appear to be well versed in

bombed up and down the wing, supported the attack but defended well too

At the risk of being accused of being a broken record, Rugby Union internationals is the model. The way to go.

Rangers should be pushing for this. The filth will argue against and we push and push till we get an answer why not?

In the meantime we should have a team (even just a couple of guys) who watch the game detached from the pitch and watching it on live TV scrutenising the referees performance and highlighting what's went on before the manager get's interviewed after the match. A Ref Report, if you will.

It's like last night. How does that Dundee defender, Sylla, escape at least a yellow card?

These things have to be highlighted, and when it concerns us, the leniency of refs seem to happen every fecking week.
Still MUST HAVE some kind of random official selection - to give us a chance!!!

Still MUST HAVE some kind of random official selection - to give us a chance!!!

I'm broadly in agreement with you here. But when we take into consideration, the pool of talent of referees, the majority of their leanings and the one sided sensationalism that comes with anything deemed remotely controversial in our favour, the random aspect seems an argument that overall doesn't stack up.

We could hypothetically get rid of Clancy (no chance in reality of course) he will be replaced by a Walsh or a Robertson or frightened duds like Dickinson.

Until, we as a club come out and highlight what is happening, nothing changes.

Last edited:
Back