Match Thread Rangers v Dundee - 20:15 Wednesday - Premier Sports

Shocking show from the team after a good first 15 mins.
Mc laughin-fine
King and Sands both did well until pressured in the last ten but comfortable enough throughout
Tav :oops:wtf has happened to him
Ridvan .Did ok but no better than Borna who is the FF whipping boy for some
Davis good half hour then disappeared
Lunstram ....deary me.how many times does he surrender the ball in bad positions :mad:
Tillman.composed and tidy but fighing a lonely furrow
Wright. our best player .busy and created the goal for Davis .
Sakala .how he didn't get hooked is a mystery.A fast headless chicken
Alfie.not interested and wasted the ball a few times trying the spectacular when the simple pass was on .does my head in .
woeful doesn't describe it .AGHHHHH
A very good summation….unfortunately

At least we kept the ball that time.
We had an early throw in ,2 players ten yards apart to find and tav threw it straight to a dundee player smack in middle of the space between them .Had to have a think if i'd dreamt it . :oops:
I was going to post this at the time but it took me a wee while before I realised I wasnt imagining things.
Unreal, and no-one seemed to be bothered

This team do not epitomise the Rangers' ethos of getting the battle fever on. Any team that is 'up for it' has a genuine chance to turn us over right now, and it needs to change fast.

Was a tough watch. No idea what has happened to us. Struggling to be positive but only pass marks were Wright, Davis, Yilmaz and King. Can add McLaughlin, didn't have much to do but raced off his line to stop an attack when needed.

Well,there was 4 there doing the TV thing,only Miller had them on. The brave Emma even bare handed.
You're a glove wearer aren't you? :shh:

utterly horrendous last night and the atmospher among the bears is starting to turn poisonous,i have beeing going to Ibrox on a regular basis since 1970 when i was a child and i have seen some really poor sides, some average ones ,and thankfully some fantastic teams wearing our jersey,even in the darkest days i cannot recall a team so lacking in even carrying out the most basic aspects of the game, you really got to wonder just what is going on in training,as its clear to me the same basic mistakes are been done time and time again,is there no one seeing these things and then have the team working on these continually until they sort it out,gotta wonder if they just rock up to auchinhowie and drink coffee and play cards all day,we look an unfit and poorly coached side, a poor dundee team in the last 20 minutes last night showed us how to keep the ball,find space and make moves,ive had some real dark times following our club,(1979 at the piggery,1980 at chesterfield and the disgrace that was niederkorn)but these last few weeks have sickened me to the pit of my stomach,as things stand at this moment i cannot face going to Ibrox on saturday something i could never have envisaged at any other point in my life,this team at the moment and this lacklustre couldnt give a f@ck style of football has broken me, utterly sickened by what im having to watch

Last edited:
Well,there was 4 there doing the TV thing,only Miller had them on. The brave Emma even bare handed.
You're a glove wearer aren't you? :shh:
What a weird argument. Of all the negative from last night thats what you took from it that millers a f@nny for wearing gloves. Cool

a game of 2 halves

first half, tho not exactly very good was more encouraing that recent weeks
passing was better, defence looked calm and assured and we put together some decent moves around their box inc creating a fair few chances

second half, any inroads in form made in the 1st half were thrown aside
wingers stopped running at them, the triangles and one-twos were binned
the play got even slower allowing them to drop 10 men into the box when we attacked

Goalie - was not convincing - example was when a simple ball across the 6yd box was met with a static McLaughlin and panic almost set in

Defence - largely played well. sands was physical and king was v good - yilmaz was an improvement on Bornas recent form & even Tav improved on recent showings

midfield - shambolic
Davis was ok in the 1st, took the chance well - then faded
we seem to collect players unable to put together a full 90 - arfield, jack etc
McCann was enthusiastic and busy but not there yet in terms of throwing him in
Lundstram was once again shocking - slowing the game down, putting others in trouble, slack and lazy - only bursting forward in order to play a 2yd pass then walk away - every game now he manages to put us under pressure when its not even looking like happening

forwards
morelos was off it, worked hard but he is there to score and missed the best chance of the game, to kill the tie
sakala and wright were decent in the 1st (the latter more so) - direct, going at them and getting balls in, shots in or making passing moves to get behind them - 2nd half that was gone, back to the timid hiding

roofe was the real bright spot of the night
strong, direct & great to watch

a game of 2 halves

first half, tho not exactly very good was more encouraing that recent weeks
passing was better, defence looked calm and assured and we put together some decent moves around their box inc creating a fair few chances

second half, any inroads in form made in the 1st half were thrown aside
wingers stopped running at them, the triangles and one-twos were binned
the play got even slower allowing them to drop 10 men into the box when we attacked

Goalie - was not convincing - example was when a simple ball across the 6yd box was met with a static McLaughlin and panic almost set in

Defence - largely played well. sands was physical and king was v good - yilmaz was an improvement on Bornas recent form & even Tav improved on recent showings

midfield - shambolic
Davis was ok in the 1st, took the chance well - then faded
we seem to collect players unable to put together a full 90 - arfield, jack etc
McCann was enthusiastic and busy but not there yet in terms of throwing him in
Lundstram was once again shocking - slowing the game down, putting others in trouble, slack and lazy - only bursting forward in order to play a 2yd pass then walk away - every game now he manages to put us under pressure when its not even looking like happening

forwards
morelos was off it, worked hard but he is there to score and missed the best chance of the game, to kill the tie
sakala and wright were decent in the 1st (the latter more so) - direct, going at them and getting balls in, shots in or making passing moves to get behind them - 2nd half that was gone, back to the timid hiding

roofe was the real bright spot of the night
strong, direct & great to watch
Not sure where your coming from with Mc laughin.
Only thing he had to do was race off his line once and the cross that drifted over the bar ,he had that well covered too.
Spot on with Lunstram,accident in the making every single game as is Tav atm.
And your correct with Roofe .He contributed more in his cameo than Alfie did all night .
I feel he has chucked it now and should be binned in the window .No effort and wasteful on the ball when he did actually get it .
On Tav and Yilmaz,i was watching a different match than you i think Tav has something going on imo and although Yalmiz did ok,to say he was an improvment on Borna is stretching things.
Borna in my eyes is the current whipping boy to our support but has been steady enough this season ,Liverpool apart, but the whole team were steamrollered 2nd half in that so he wasn't alone.
He is not offered much of an outlet just now in Kent who ,despite his undoubted ability ,flatters to deceive.Wright was much more direct last night than Kent of late

What a weird argument. Of all the negative from last night thats what you took from it that millers a f@nny for wearing gloves. Cool
Argument? Observation. Sorry for having a little light relief.
you didn't need to reply in the first place mate.

Not sure where your coming from with Mc laughin.
Only thing he had to do was race off his line once and the cross that drifted over the bar ,he had that well covered too.
Spot on with Lunstram,accident in the making every single game as is Tav atm.
And your correct with Roofe .He contributed more in his cameo than Alfie did all night .
I feel he has chucked it now and should be binned in the window .No effort and wasteful on the ball when he did actually get it .
On Tav and Yilmaz,i was watching a different match than you i think Tav has something going on imo and although Yalmiz did ok,to say he was an improvment on Borna is stretching things.
Borna in my eyes is the current whipping boy to our support but has been steady enough this season ,Liverpool apart, but the whole team were steamrollered 2nd half in that so he wasn't alone.
He is not offered much of an outlet just now in Kent who ,despite his undoubted ability ,flatters to deceive.Wright was much more direct last night than Kent of late

mclaughlin just gives me no confidence this season, he looks timid and scared he's going to make a mistake

bornas been ok attacking wise - as Yilmaz was
but his dithering defensively is causing us issues, it reared its head at the weekend with Motherwell getting in at our box due to his sleeping

Tav was better than he's been, thats all

agree with Wright 1st half- 2nd half was the usual fare we get from him

you didn't need to reply in the first place mate.
Mate. Know what your right. Am just being a grumpy tw@t after last night shitshow
I've eaten now, apologies

Can see Saturday being the ultimate slog. Martindale is a wily manager and will know we’re there for the taking with frustrating the already tetchy crowd being one of his first objectives.

If he’d played a few more developmental players at least such a slog would’ve been understandable and worth it for the game experience.

As is another confidence sapping display and wasted opportunity.

you didn't need to reply in the first place mate
Mate. Know what your right. Am just being a grumpy tw@t after last night shitshow
I've eaten now, apologies
Sound mate, think we're all a bit peeved the now mate with way we're playing.

Back