Davies
Yılmaz
Sands
Kamara
McCann
Wright
Sakala
Morelos

Not the most inspiring team we've ever had, but needs must.

Game time for Davies would be good as it gives him and King another chance to form a partnership, but if he picks up an injury, we're snookered. I'm really unsure if we should play him or not. Tav in for me for me as I can't see us making too many changes at the back. Yılmaz is a guaranteed starter for this one I think.

Sands in his more natural number 6 role. It's clear that GvB trusts Lundstram but he's been poor this season. It would be good to see if Sands can ask the question of the manager regarding that role in the team. One game against lower quality opposition won't answer tell us the answer but a good showing from Sands can only help his case. I think this is a good game for McCann to be given more first team action.

Our wingers are all in poor form but I've went with Wright and Sakala. Sakala probably feels hard done by losing his place to a poor Matondo at the weekend. Wright needs game time and this is an ideal game to give it to him.

Buff picks himself for this one. Resting Côlak and gives Morelos the game time he needs.

McCrorie
Tav
King
Davies
Yılmaz
Sands
Kamara
McCann
Wright
Sakala
Morelos

Not the most inspiring team we've ever had, but needs must.
I’d agree with all of that team except Tavernier. Whether or not we believe GVB’s claims that he is fit, he’s not getting any younger and we need to start leaving him out of games like these to give him a break.

I’d agree with all of that team except Tavernier. Whether or not we believe GVB’s claims that he is fit, he’s not getting any younger and we need to start leaving him out of games like these to give him a break.
I could understand that, but in my opinion he won't get much in the way of rest before the WC. We're also unlikely to be in European competition after Christmas this season as well so that will also limit the number of games we play.

I'd only play Davis as a last resort
If Kamara is fit them him and Sands in midfield
Davies at the back
I’d be careful with Davies, we need him fit for league games given the centre back situation so would leave him out of this.

Setanta, sorry, Premier Sports scheduled coverage tonight is all over the place.

18:15 Motherwell vs. Smellies - Premier Sports 1
20:15 Rangers vs. Dundee - Premier Sports 1

If, and it's a big if, the tinks are all-square at full-time then that'll go to extra-time and maybe even penalties. Could be 20:45 before that one's finished and if it does go the full distance they'll be showing the extra-time and penalties on a channel I've never heard of - FreeSports.

Would be awesome if the thieving mingers all lost their dodgy streams after 90 minutes!

----------McCrorie---------
Devine King Davies Yilmaz
--------Sands Kamara-----
Wright -- Tillman -- Sakala
-----------Morelos---------

Sands, McCann, Roofe and maybe Lowry all get game time from bench hopefully.

I like your thinking generally but I feel we must persist with the likes of Matondo for a run of games or we’ll not see them establish any sort of confidence and be able to really make an impact. It’s a low pressure game against low opposition so ideal for him to play an easy 90mins.

I’d also have McCann in there ahead of Kamara since he’s done well when he has played and if not in games like this then when?

Ure should appear as well, maybe starting the game being subbed for Morelos later on.

Really Rangers shouldn’t need much firepower to win this game and it unless it’s used to blood young players and those needing some confidence it’s a wasted opportunity.

----------McGregor---------
Devine-King-Davies-Yilmaz
----------Lundstram---------
Tillman--McCann--Matondo
-------------Morelos--------
---------Colak---------------

Got to stick with Matondo because let's face it Wright runs about like an empty jersey 90% of the time. I'm still convinced Matondo will come good. Would also be great to see Roofe get a comeback goal and hopefully kick on for the rest of the season

Setanta, sorry, Premier Sports scheduled coverage tonight is all over the place.

18:15 Motherwell vs. Smellies - Premier Sports 1
20:15 Rangers vs. Dundee - Premier Sports 1

If, and it's a big if, the tinks are all-square at full-time then that'll go to extra-time and maybe even penalties. Could be 20:45 before that one's finished and if it does go the full distance they'll be showing the extra-time and penalties on a channel I've never heard of - FreeSports.

Would be awesome if the thieving mingers all lost their dodgy streams after 90 minutes!
Aye hilarious until you realise it is now on a free to air channel that anyone can watch. :rolleyes:

Sands, McCann, Roofe and maybe Lowry all get game time from bench hopefully.
Great team, but gotta stick with Matondo. Swapping wings with Fashion Jnr should smash domestic jobbies.

Got to stick with Matondo because let's face it Wright runs about like an empty jersey 90% of the time. I'm still convinced Matondo will come good. Would also be great to see Roofe get a comeback goal and hopefully kick on for the rest of the season
Every chance he comes good. Early days. He's very different to what we have had recently and it will take a while for him and other players to get on the same wavelength; if he can time his runs well and we can get to know what he's doing and find him then we have a huge asset. Davies could be key with long range passes to unlock him.

Aye hilarious until you realise it is now on a free to air channel that anyone can watch. :rolleyes:
Not if they don't have TV, or they only have council telly.

Freesports - This channel was closed on 30 June 2022 after COM7 was scrapped with the channel continuing on satellite and via Samsung's TV Plus app.

Every chance he comes good. Early days. He's very different to what we have had recently and it will take a while for him and other players to get on the same wavelength; if he can time his runs well and we can get to know what he's doing and find him then we have a huge asset. Davies could be key with long range passes to unlock him.
Especially at Ibrox, and a diddy RB. hope he can catch him and get in behind.

Hoping to see Roofe play. Could be a huge boost having him back if he can stay fit.

Giving Tav a break is less likely with Goldson out, however maybe Sands could play there? Devine is possibly not quite there yet in terms of being a first team starter and it won’t hurt for the King / Davies partnership to get more game time together.

So something like….

McCrorrie
Sands
King
Davies
Yilmaz

McCann
Kamara
Tillman

Sakala
Morelos
Matondo