Press Conference Rangers v Dundee - Pre match press conference

We are in denial. Miles behind this mob, in first 11 and squad. First of all, we need to accept this before addressing it. Big Phil is chatting that a bit of bad luck and injuries are what`s fucked us. Worrying. Give Dessers his due for fronting up, but i struggle to listen to their shite now.

It's not a 'bit' of bad luck — the list of injuries is diabolical. He's pointed out 11 there, but that doesn't even include Ridvan who wasn't fit enough to start at the weekend after a long term injury and Roofe who is never really not injured.

I've never seen anything like it, Clement seems to be on the same boat.

Whatever the reason, it can't carry on into next season. Nobody is winning any league with that amount of your first team squad out for long spells of the season.

Why is Rice being mentioned as out? he's not played all season, may as well say big Jim who sits in the Club Deck Row M seat 74 won't be available

because Jim is not the next youth in line to come into the first team
Rice is & had he been fit he would be at least on the bench

Why not?
Lundstram's lack of effort and discipline has hurt us for weeks.
He could've just said we're focusing on the players who are available to play.
Lundstram's teammates owe him nothing
No player is going to slate another player in public.they may have done it in the privacy of a dressing room but when have you ever heard a player anywhere criticise a team mate in a presser.

We are in denial. Miles behind this mob, in first 11 and squad. First of all, we need to accept this before addressing it. Big Phil is chatting that a bit of bad luck and injuries are what`s fucked us. Worrying. Give Dessers his due for fronting up, but i struggle to listen to their shite now.
It's definitely been a factor though, although I refuse to believe now that the injuries are just down to luck. It's comical the frequency of them and I don't just mean the injury prone players. Thats at least two years now we've not seen what we could do at full strength.

But let's not use that as an excuse for not being able to beat the likes of Ross County and Dundee. Injuries or not those games have to be won if you are going for a title.

If we were miles behing them we'd never have got in to the position to throw it away during March after the start we had.

It's not a 'bit' of bad luck — the list of injuries is diabolical. He's pointed out 11 there, but that doesn't even include Ridvan who wasn't fit enough to start at the weekend after a long term injury and Roofe who is never really not injured.

I've never seen anything like it, Clement seems to be on the same boat.

Whatever the reason, it can't carry on into next season. Nobody is winning any league with that amount of your first team squad out for long spells of the season.
TBF they`ve had a lot of injuries to key players as well. Hatate, Forrest, Furihashi, Vickers, Maeda, McGregor have all had spells out. Difference is theirs seem to come back quicker than ours. Every injury. %^*& me, Ridvan was 50/50 for a month and more. Not picking on him, but it`s just silly.

TBF they`ve had a lot of injuries to key players as well. Hatate, Forrest, Furihashi, Vickers, Maeda, McGregor have all had spells out. Difference is theirs seem to come back quicker than ours. Every injury. %^*& me, Ridvan was 50/50 for a month and more. Not picking on him, but it`s just silly.

And when did their form fall off a cliff? When they had a few of their key players injured. And their injuries aren't/weren't anywhere close to what we've had to deal with.

Everyone is pissed off at the result at the weekend and our collapse, especially because we've seen it all before, but a realistic view has to be applied to the circumstances Clement is working under here.

It's definitely been a factor though, although I refuse to believe now that the injuries are just down to luck. It's comical the frequency of them and I don't just mean the injury prone players. Thats at least two years now we've not seen what we could do at full strength.

But let's not use that as an excuse for not being able to beat the likes of Ross County and Dundee. Injuries or not those games have to be won if you are going for a title.
You simply can't just forget about the injuries we have had. Of course it's made a massive difference.

Did anyone ask about the length of time Sterling and Sima will be out for?

You simply can't just forget about the injuries we have had. Of course it's made a massive difference.

It comes down to consistency and cohesion. I don't think we've ever had that this season, even under Beale with the majority of the squad being 'fit'. Could maybe count on one had the amount of times we've gone into games with no issues or concerns over fitness or injuries under Clement. You can't build from that position.

And when did their form fall off a cliff? When they had a few of their key players injured. And their injuries aren't/weren't anywhere close to what we've had to deal with.

Everyone is pissed off at the result at the weekend and our collapse, especially because we've seen it all before, but a realistic view has to be applied to the circumstances Clement is working under here.

We went to Ross County with

Butland
Tavernier Goldson Souttar Barišić
Dowell Lundstram
Sima Cantwell Silva
Dessers​

Raskin, Sterling sat on the bench whilst we watched Dowell in the engine room. Dessers should have had us 2-0 up on the stroke of half time. Game over.

Sterling went to LB at Dens and Lawrence came in for Dowell. Dessers was dropped for Roofe.

More than enough to beat those two sides. Manager got it wrong, players never turned up. Even after the embarrassing result at Dingwall.

Just change the formation, Phil. That's apparently all we need to do. We have zero issues with injuries and fitness, no siree.
He’s been saying since he took over that the injury situation is the worst he’s ever had to deal with in his time in management.he said very early that he was looking in detail why this was the case.its clear to me he has been looking under the bonnet of everything in the rtc.

Except Vickers and Harate it’s been 3-4 weeks at a time and it’s normally 3 at any one time not 6&7 at any one game

It comes down to consistency and cohesion. I don't think we've ever had that this season, even under Beale with the majority of the squad being 'fit'. Could maybe count on one had the amount of times we've gone into games with no issues or concerns over fitness or injuries under Clement. You can't build from that position.
Iirc Goldson didn’t have a pre season under his belt before he started in the first game at Kilmarnock.if you don’t get that pre season fitness in the tank,you are storing a whole lot of problems for later in the season.

We went to Ross County with

Butland
Tavernier Goldson Souttar Barišić
Dowell Lundstram
Sima Cantwell Silva
Dessers​

Raskin, Sterling sat on the bench whilst we watched Dowell in the engine room. Dessers should have had us 2-0 up on the stroke of half time. Game over.

Sterling went to LB at Dens and Lawrence came in for Dowell. Dessers was dropped for Roofe.

More than enough to beat those two sides. Manager got it wrong, players never turned up. Even after the embarrassing result at Dingwall.

I’m not sure what your point is?

Sometimes you lose games that you should win – it happens every week in every league in the world.

I’m not saying injuries are the only reason we haven’t won the league, lots of things factor into it (poor squad to begin with, poor fitness, wrong decisions by Clement) but pretending injuries haven’t had a major impact is delusional.

We’ve got worse as the injuries have got worse. Is it the only reason we got worse? Probably not (squad mentality is definitely a factor, undeniable by now). But it’s certainly a major factor that has negatively influenced our chances.

Not disputing they had injuries - every team as it's part and parcel of football.

My point was with them being "miles ahead". They are a poor side, as are we.

Summer recruitment done properly will be key for next season. Hopefully Koppen lives up to the billing.

Ok the injury situation at our club is beyond a joke. This needs wholesale investigation, rooting out and remedying. Utter farce.

Normally I’d have laughed at posts like this but there has to be some substance to it.

Whether it’s processes not being stuck to or more likely the constant signing of injury prone players but with the volume of bad injuries over the last few years it can’t just be pure bad luck surely?

Back