Davies
Ridvan

Raskin
Dio
Cantwell

Silva
Dessers
McCausland

pretty much the only side we can put out save for personal taste in 2 or 3 positions

subs
McCrorie, Barisic, Wright, Roofe, Yfeko, Jack, Dowell, McKinnon, + other youth
That is so depressing, anyone who says our medical department aren’t at fault is having a laugh, that’s 10 out injured at the same time.

We went to Ross County with

Butland
Tavernier Goldson Souttar Barišić
Dowell Lundstram
Sima Cantwell Silva
Dessers​

Raskin, Sterling sat on the bench whilst we watched Dowell in the engine room. Dessers should have had us 2-0 up on the stroke of half time. Game over.

Sterling went to LB at Dens and Lawrence came in for Dowell. Dessers was dropped for Roofe.

More than enough to beat those two sides. Manager got it wrong, players never turned up. Even after the embarrassing result at Dingwall.
You keep saying this.

The manager - somehow - has managed to get a tune out of a bunch of half-fit, out of contract, perennial losers.

Ancelotti couldn't have done much more.

Doesn’t auger well for the Cup Final does it. At this rate they’ll be doing a raffle for a member of FF to get a game.

We are in denial. Miles behind this mob, in first 11 and squad. First of all, we need to accept this before addressing it. Big Phil is chatting that a bit of bad luck and injuries are what`s fucked us. Worrying. Give Dessers his due for fronting up, but i struggle to listen to their shite now.
Do you think with two league games and an OF cup final the manager is going to come out and say "My players are shit and they are miles off Celtic?"

Get real man

Butland

Tav
King
Davies
Ridvan

Raskin
Dio
Cantwell

Silva
Dessers
McCausland

pretty much the only side we can put out save for personal taste in 2 or 3 positions

subs
I'd play Roofe. Dessers is running himself into the ground. He needs a break. Can't believe I'm saying this but, he'll be crucial to our hopes in the cup final.

I'd play Roofe. Dessers is running himself into the ground. He needs a break. Can't believe I'm saying this but, he'll be crucial to our hopes in the cup final.

can see your point
but i would be more confident that playing Dessers will leave us with both as an option on final day
play Roofe for any extended period and i can easily see us left with no back up option as an out and out striker

I would give a few youth players a chance. When else are they going to get game time. Is there really any reason to be playing anyone that won't be here next season?

Well done to Stevie Clifford (I think) for asking if PC would change the starting 11 against Celtic, really disappointing that Clement says no, the starting 11 was obvious!

Also sounds like Lundstram will be back for final, can gtf with that.
Say what. Im seriously concerned by clement

Well done to Stevie Clifford (I think) for asking if PC would change the starting 11 against Celtic, really disappointing that Clement says no, the starting 11 was obvious!

On the midfield issue his point was that you lose something from another area of the pitch if you move a body to midfield

He was asked whether he'd be relying on Lundstram for the final - he said he'd have to rely on everyone

Butland

Tav
King
Davies
Ridvan

Raskin
Dio
Cantwell

Silva
Dessers
McCausland

subs
and still people will moan at the formation

It's definitely been a factor though, although I refuse to believe now that the injuries are just down to luck. It's comical the frequency of them and I don't just mean the injury prone players. Thats at least two years now we've not seen what we could do at full strength.

But let's not use that as an excuse for not being able to beat the likes of Ross County and Dundee. Injuries or not those games have to be won if you are going for a title.
I’m starting to think it’s something at the training centre; maybe the plastic pitches are old or surfaces are just terrible

Interesting Press Conference, with possibly Chris Jack's question, near the end, and the answer to it being the most interesting part.

11 players out is just for drama, souttar and balogun and sterling and Lawrence is the players out.
Everyone else was already out for the season or suspended.

Hardly surprising he said that. He is just proving himself to be another stubborn manager that refuses to acknowledge his mistakes. Expect the midfield to be overrun once again in the final.

Hardly surprising he said that. He is just proving himself to be another stubborn manager that refuses to acknowledge his mistakes. Expect the midfield to be overrun once again in the final.

And in the first game v them next season

Rinse and repeat

For those questioning Clements answer to whether he'd change the starting eleven from the weekend. He said no, but it was a qualified no. Firstly, that there were other games where he said he may have changed things but for this one it was clear that he was basing his "no" on his plans for who could be brought on later and who was fit, or just fit enough for the bench (which of course was completely blown to bits by Lundstram and to a certain extent the Souttar injury). Very clear from the rest of the press conference and recent press conferences too that the 11 from Saturday was far from his desired selection.

Probably the most interesting answer was in hindsight he'd have dealt with the wider injury/fitness situation earlier rather than leave it to the summer but that he feels people need given chances. Whether that's players or staff was not specified. Maybe both I guess.

We blew it against Kilmarnock (first game of the season), Motherwell, Dundee, Ross County....... and we have not won against them (who are bang average) in our last four games, infact i am struggling to remember when we did actually last win against them, I will need to look it up!

Clement sounded gutted in that press conference, but I am fed up listening to the constant if we had taken our chances etc. etc.

Sadly, we have a team of bottle merchants and wage thieves.

Clement says the synergy is back with the fans and the team. Sorry Gaffer but it isn’t anymore.

As for injuries is he blaming the Medical Team ? Says he’s given people the chance to address it any maybe he shouldn’t have done that (and changed it sooner) but that he will be changing it in the summer.

We are in denial. Miles behind this mob, in first 11 and squad. First of all, we need to accept this before addressing it. Big Phil is chatting that a bit of bad luck and injuries are what`s fucked us. Worrying. Give Dessers his due for fronting up, but i struggle to listen to their shite now.
We’re not miles behind them, come on! Miles behind is where we were under Murty and Caixinha.

We’re now pushing them more or less down to the wire with a squad decimated by injury and poor quality players the manager inherited.

It’s not going to be pretty for any of us if they win the cup final, but we need to see how things look come September / October before we can come to any serious conclusions.

Clement says the synergy is back with the fans and the team. Sorry Gaffer but it isn’t anymore.

As for injuries is he blaming the Medical Team ? Says he’s given people the chance to address it any maybe he shouldn’t have done that (and changed it sooner) but that he will be changing it in the summer.

There is no synergy. He’s going on about the expected g too.

The follow-up question after he named the 11 missing players was about if any of the newly injured players were at risk of missing the final, he said he didn't think so and was looking at next weekend to have them back in the squad.
That's a bonus

Injuries are not an excuse but so many injuries...

If we had scored the first goal it's a different story...

We have more/won X compared with Celtic...

I like Clement but really he needs to ditch the nonsense attempts at justification of failure. He's not making the players look like anything other than they've proved themselves to be and it's starting to taint him.

He needs to be careful, very careful because bad results combined with nonsensical analysis of EE them only leads to one thing.

Back