MOTM Poll Rangers v Dundee Utd - Saturday 15:00 - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same ole, same ole...

Totally dominant performance but completely lacking in bite. Sometimes we try to walk the ball in, other times we are wasteful, sometimes we run into a wall, others we make the wrong call. If we could find a way to be more clinical we'd be a lot closer to our goals.

Great shifts again from Cantwell and Tillman. Cantwell really needs an out ball as he cant do it all himself. However, that might come the more these players play with one another more and develop a better understanding. As for Tillman you have to love his patience in getting in his shot away as well as his ability to dig out a cross even when the ball is under his feet

We need much more from Kent though. Too many shots off target, and too many misplaced passes, for the guy tasked with being our top creator. I also thought Lundstrum for Raskin made us noticeably slower in transition.

MOTM: Tillman... but why take off your sole goal threat when he's on a hattrick?

Because it’s no BB or school football he’s protecting him for next week

Dundee United came to Ibrox to spoil a game of football. They achieved that. Relegation is what they deserve and that’s what they will achieve. Three points for us is the most important thing.
Their manager said he would play like the sfa team plays so we knew it was going to happen.

See Beales tinkering with 3 at the back at the end of todays game which was'nt enjoyable to watch. Maybe thinking about this formation or adjusting to it next week at the ''knew camp''.

Missed some amount of chances today and no danger of dropping points.Will the media be quick to call out the Arab player for blatant cheating which resulted in Tav being booked,since they were quick enough to round up upon Cantwell?

Last edited:
Yes i watched the game.

They sat in just like every other team bar the manky mob. Doesn't change the fact we are brutal at times.
We don’t do anything differently from week to week; it’s just the same tactics - patience, possession, wait for the openings, get the three points, move on.

Which is fine up to a point, but you saw today that when the game started to stretch we lack the quality to really punish teams.

Nearly every week we hear the ‘should have been 5 or 6 today’ spiel, but it never is, because our decision-making is lamentable at times and, sadly, many of the players we have just aren’t good enough to make that happen with any sort of regularity.

We’re doing well, but we need to move it up a level if we want to seriously challenge for the title next season and for me that means better players.

This is where the board come in.

3pts is the main thing from today, but why are we so reluctant to make the right decisions? Final ball lets us down way too much and always looking for that extra touch or pass.

Missed some amount of chances toda and no danger of dropping points.Will the media be quick to call out the Arab player for blatant cheating which resulted in Tav being booked,since they were quick enough to round up upon Cantwell?
Too far away for my opinion.
Does anyone else think it was the Lino that gave the foul and the yellow.

The game that DU played today with 10 men behind the ball would get football stopped.
Absolutely no attempt to actually play football and heaven forbid, actually try and entertain their fans.
I really hope they get relegated so that we don't have to go through another 90mins of that torture again!

But the thing is he didn't look so how can he know. The truth is is doesn't want to give us a penalty even though the var is advising him to check. That is cheating.
A point if I may.
Colak hits his arm indicating he is asking for a pen.
The ball continues for maybe two or more mins.
That a long time for var to come to a conclusion.
Ref gives free kick to Utd and shows the palm facing out for the Utd player to wait.
It then takes a further two mins to play on.
Var didnt need that time they saw enough to stop the game.
Robertson then used the two mins to discuss and convince var there was no need to revue via the monitor.

See Beales tinkering with 3 at the back at the end of todays game which was'nt enjoyable to watch. Maybe thinking about this formation or adjusting to it next week at the ''knew camp''.
Couldn´t understand his thinking surely if you go to a back 3 you go Souttar, Goldson & Davies no way you play Lundstram befor these 3.

Slow laborious trying to walk the ball in to the net. Turgid to watch.

Robertson did what Robertson does, gives us nothing unless really forced to.

Wasn’t a great watch today but points in the bag and we move on. I do believe we show the opposition too much respect at Ibrox with too many passes and just not enough of taking the man on.

A lot of negative comments today - I actually enjoyed it. Inter play between Cantwell, Kent and Tillman very good. Centre backs also worked well. Oozed control and even stepped up when needed. Upgrades in personnel related to our game plan will come in the summer.

Yes i watched the game.

They sat in just like every other team bar the manky mob. Doesn't change the fact we are brutal at times.
Bit harsh. Watched Rangers for 50 years and even when winning everything it could still be a bit brutal. It's never perfect.

Routine win.
I was baffled by our substitutions and we finished the game poorly.
I liked Tillman and Cantwell.
We really didn't need 2 holders in this match, should have had an extra forward thinking player in the midfield.

Another win under Beales watch . Not always pretty but they all count . Real shame we never got him earlier . Get the same run next season and who knows...

3pts and a clean sheet, coupled with Tillman's performance are all the positives I took away from the game today. The rest of it was turgid stuff. Tillman was the only player on the park at times that looked like a footballer. Pay the money, sign him.

Cantwell?

He was all over the place and for me shades man of the match

Our decision making in the final third is also shocking.

To the point when we're breaking 4 v 2 you have no faith it'll come to anything.
For sure...the amount of bad touches, misplaced passes, shots missing the goal...you can tell most of our squad aren't "natural" finishers as around the goal it's terrible

Wasn’t a great watch today but points in the bag and we move on. I do believe we show the opposition too much respect at Ibrox with too many passes and just not enough of taking the man on.
We will never get near the Scum till we start taking men on.

We wasted a few chances, as has been highlighted already here, and it really cost us in terms of the scoreline not being as good as it should have been. In terms of the game overall, Cantwell is very much becoming a key player for us, and hopefully he, along with Tillman, carries this into next week. Our strikers will need to do much better though, and that is a big concern.

Last edited:
Cantwell?

He was all over the place and for me shades man of the match
Indeed but the problem is hes having to go very deep to collect the ball because its not being moved fast or effectively enough forward to him. See Jack/Lundstrum and Kamara when he appears.

I love the endeavour but think he can and will be even more impactful when hes still playing freely across the mid-front lines but not having to track back quite as much as currently is the case.

I think Raskin wil make a huge difference, he gets the ball and its head up and quick pass every time, but we need another like him stylistically to get the best out of someone like Cantwell.

Sensational player and clearly levels up and miles ahead of the rest every game he plays.

Indeed but the problem is hes having to go very deep to collect the ball because its not being moved fast or effectively enough forward to him. See Jack/Lundstrum and Kamara when he appears.

I love the endeavour but think he can and will be even more impactful when hes still playing freely across the mid-front lines but not having to track back quite as much as currently is the case.

I think Raskin wil make a huge difference, he gets the ball and its head up and quick pass every time, but we need another like him stylistically to get the best out of someone like Cantwell.

Sensational player and clearly levels up and miles ahead of the rest every game he plays.

Yes. An amazing signing.

Back