Votes: 35 3.2%
  • Barker

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • King

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Aribo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sandy played the heavy end of 500 games for us. Most games he was a 6/7 with the occasional 8/9. This was a guy that played in two world cups, won a couple of trebles and a European medal.

Tavs a guy that's never won a medal and came to us from Wigan because no English team wanted him. That's why we get loads of 4/5 games and the occasional 8/9.

Inconsistency is the bane of the ordinary player.

Not being as good as the great Sandy Jardine doesn't mean Tavernier is ordinary.

Sandy played the heavy end of 500 games for us. Most games he was a 6/7 with the occasional 8/9. This was a guy that played in two world cups, won a couple of trebles and a European medal.

Tavs a guy that's never won a medal and came to us from Wigan because no English team wanted him. That's why we get loads of 4/5 games and the occasional 8/9.

Jesus Christ.

Ryan Jack isn’t Gazza either but it doesn’t make him shite does it?

Seldom get fours or fives from Tavernier.
Even this season, fives at worst.

Who is comparing even the best right back in the country with one of the best we’ve ever had and one who had few betters in his day.

Alfredo easily the man of the match.

But Borna has played his best game in a Rangers jersey also. Confident, aggressive when needed, he looked the part. Long may it continue.

Re: Worrall, didn't Forest knock back £10m for him before he signed on loan for us?

On to the game - terrific first half, should've been out of sight. Morelos absolutely brilliant, they couldn't handle him and he was unlucky he never got a penalty. Shout outs to Jack, Barisic and Helander who were also very good.

Katic needs to be chapping Gerrard's door in the morning and asking why Goldson is ahead of him. Thought he was shocking tonight, caught out of position a few times and his distribution was woeful. Tav was quite poor again tonight as well, no idea what's going on with him lately.

What to do with Ojo? Scores an absolute screamer and is dreadful for the rest of the game. His miss was criminal and it seems like a lack of effort at times the way he just jogs about the park. In fact right before the ball broke to him and he scored he looked favourite to get there first and he slowed down...luckily Barisic won the ball for him.

The ref gave Alfie nothing all night. I remember another few times he was fouled and ref let it go. I thought he was magnificent tonight, back to the player we know he can be.
1-0 going on 8-2
terrific result and even better with IMO several passengers

McGregor 8 - came up with big saves again

Tavernier 3 - horrific game for him
Goldson 4 - struggling to find form
Helander 8 - a rock
Barasic 8 - the real Borna, key moment was a crunching 50/50 won in the first half

Kamara 3 - terrible
Davis 6 - mixture of great play and leadership with poor passing on occasion
Jack 8 - top performance again

Ojo 6 - flitted in and out of the game, scored a belter then missed a great chance
Morelos 8 - worked their entire back line all night, caused havoc but had the greedy striker goggles on
Arfield 7 - more like last seasons one, endeavour and caused them problems

subs:
Barker 2 - tried to get on the ball and worked hard
King 1 - no time for an impact
Aribo 2 - killed time well without giving them a way back in

I disagree with the greedy goggles on Morelos. He made numerous chances all night for team mates and none were taken. I can think of only two he took on, one volley which hit the moon and another shot which hit the side netting. Happy to be corrected.

Thoroughly enjoyed that last night,I think 3-0 or 3-1 would have flattered Feyenoord.
Very impressed by Helander,Jack was everywhere,and Morelos worked their defence tirelessly.
Only gripes for me; was in the Main stand rear for the first time in over 30 years,the leg room is shocking,and the atmosphere there was a bit flat.

Just home, great result, made us sweat towards the end.

Should we have had a 2nd Pen ?

1st half - Alfredo MOTM 2nd Half Shagger.

I ended up choosing Shagger. We were one up and he stopped it being 1-1 as we didn't look like we were scoring again.

Outstanding result from a great team performance. Feyenoord are a very good team. Unbeaten this season until tonight. Some people on FF who write 'they're shite' haven't a clue about football. The strange thing is, Feyenoord are far better than the mentally challengeds and goes to show that without Goldson's massive mistake, we should have beaten the poets. Some great performances from Jack, Arfield and Davis in midfield. Morelos was tremendous, as was Greegsy. Kamara quietly effective, as was Barisic. Goldson was decent but in the first half gave the ball away again in a dangerous position. Helander seemed composed. I would like Ojo to be more consistent and take on his man - still doesn't do enough for me in 70 minutes. Did try to track back more this game. Great goal, but should have had two.
The team tired towards the last 5 minutes and Feyenoord began to dominate for the first time as we began to sit too deep. Two brilliant stops from Greegsy at the end and one outstanding save at the start of the second half . Ref tried to keep the game going, but we should have had a second penalty for Ojo first half and let quite a few Feyenoord tackles go when they were clear fouls. Great team shift. Three points and a breather all next week.

Gave my MOTM to Barasic because he needed that performance. I thought he was excellent. He played with so much fire in his belly last night. Hopefully he has turned the corner. Brilliant performance Rangers.

Overall, a strong defensive performance once again
Midfield pretty dominant

The issue last season and now is we cant kill off games. Must do better

Oh and James Tavernier cost me a coupon last night.

Really enjoyed it last night. The team played at a tempo that Feyenoord couldn't keep up with. Must give credit to the referee who played the advantage rule very well and kept the game flowing.

Alfie was MOTM for me, thought he was immense last night.
Again I have to criticise SG in his subs,left it way too late to sub Arfield who was spent with 30 minutes to go.He had a really good hour but almost cost us giving away free kicks with tired challenges.

Watched the game in a bar in La Cala De Mijas, some cunt clapped when Tav missed the penalty, thinking it was a Tim who'd stayed on after their game I turned and growled at them, the Rangers fans in the pub were very respectful during their game, but it turned out to be two Feyenoord fans. Oops.

They left before the match finished for some reason and the missus blamed me.

Watched the game in a bar in La Cala De Mijas, some cunt clapped when Tav missed the penalty, thinking it was a Tim who'd stayed on after their game I turned and growled at them, the Rangers fans in the pub were very respectful during their game, but it turned out to be two Feyenoord fans. Oops.

They left before the match finished for some reason and the missus blamed me.
There's a pub more or less round the corner from my flat in 'dam and the noise of it was unbelievable when we scored. Loads of Ajax fans loving the occasion.

I agree with what people are saying about Jack and can’t fault those who gave him MOTM. There are no superlatives for his positioning and overall constructive play, as well as his ability to break it up.

But for me, Morelos tipped it. The shift he put in was tremendous and he was utterly unplayable! What a number 9! And my MOTM.

Back