Votes: 7 0.8%
  • Morelos

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Jack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Itten

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I continue to be pleasantly surprised by our progress in Europe.

Another wonderful victory.

Drove by Ibrox around 10pm and there were around 50 fans outside the main door or on the pavement at the front of the main stand.

I am surprised we done it tonight as with no fans and a really decent team I thought it would be a hard ask but we were really good.

I have questioned just how much more backing I would give Gerrard personally but he deserves the midfield players he is asking for after that tonight
Tbh fans would have been on the backs of the players at the end of the first half but the atmosphere with the 2 goals and the build up
Would have been sensational. I’d normally be half pyshed on the train arriving home about now hardly able to speak! What a night!

Tbh fans would have been on the backs of the players at the end of the first half but the atmosphere with the 2 goals and the build up
Would have been sensational. I’d normally be half pyshed on the train arriving home about now hardly able to speak! What a night!
Mee too lol

Wonderful performance. Can't think of any player who did not contribute. Would not like to face the Teddies in the group stages.

2 votes for Morelos. There must be a couple of posters on here who really, really, really need to get to Specsavers :))

Outstanding tonight, we genuinely looked like a champions league level team. Davis was brilliant, his experience was key to winning that match.

Agreeing that Alfie didn't have his best night, go and take a look at the 2 goals. His movement pulls the center-half out and opens up the defense for Arfield's run. He's then the pass that opens up play and switches from right to left leading to Barisic's cross. Key contributor to both goals.

It's easy to moan about missed shots and looking disinterested, but his movement and physical play is very under-rated. If we can beat a club like Galatasaray with our best striker being off the boil in front of goal, I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do when he starts banging in the goals again. (and he will)

Sorry mate he had a horrible night.

In our last three games we've scored eleven and our star man has not got any.

Tonight he was downright selfish hitting shots when we had men in the middle. Zero anticipation at the back post for a sitter.

For whatever reason his heads up his arse.

SG really had us playing consistently in Europe. That hasn't happened since the sixties.

I just think this all proves that we're the best team in Scotland with unbiased refs.

Well done lads.

Another very impressive, disciplined European performance. Absolutely brilliant to be in the group stages 3 seasons running.

That was great. They were a very good, very street wise and very experience European side. That, for me is the single best result since Gerard took over.

Top performers all over the park. Some worth a shout.

The skipper - peerless. His physical conditioning and willingness to drive the team on are just top class!

Centre backs - solid tonight. Goldson superb in the air, Helander great reading of the game.

Arfield - lost his place and showed what a pro he is. Integral to our improved form. Tireless tonight.

Hagi - only 21, and providing that level of touch an finesse in key areas and at key moments! A player.

Steven Davis - key at all the key moments. Dictated pace and flow in all the right ways at all the right times. Superb game management.

Kamara - quietly superb. Great legs and great shift. Use of the ball superb, and decision making just first class.

Brilliant performance. SG has made us proud and made us believe in these moments again.

Rubbish.

Last weeks game against Willem II was European result of the round. This weeks result v Galatasaray was again result of the round. Glasgow Rangers :) the club that keeps us being proud.

Didn't see the game tonight unfortunately but judging by this thread it sounds like another brilliant all round team performance by Rangers.
Absolutely delighted that for the third season on the trot that we are in the group stages and loving the fact we can hold our own against top quality teams.
Well done Rangers, the gaffer and coaching staff.

So many positives ,from all over the park

we seem to be in a really good place at the minute.

still roofe and aribo to come back,its brilliant

Sorry mate he had a horrible night.

In our last three games we've scored eleven and our star man has not got any.

Tonight he was downright selfish hitting shots when we had men in the middle. Zero anticipation at the back post for a sitter.

For whatever reason his heads up his arse.

This is utter nonsense.
Go and re watch both goals, Alfie played a key part in both, due to his unselfishness.
Not at his best tonight, and a yard short of full fitness I think, but he worked hard, was ok and did a good enough job.

Delighted with that, even at half time we hadn't played our best but at no point did I ever think we'd lose that match.

Leeds are my English team as well so I've always felt a bit sick when I've seen their name as petty as it sounds.

Glad we put them away and look forward to the draw tomorrow.

2-1 flattered Galatasaray. We were outstanding for the most part tonight, led by an inspired James Tavernier.

Wonderful achievement for the players and coaching staff to make the group stage again.

i have new admiration for tav tonight
he took his standards to a higher level
his valuation must be through the roof now
and the rest of the team werent bad either
well done the rangers

I’ve just watched the goals again and the two passes from Tav out of defence for both goals were sublime. It was an interesting comment from SG that if he was the perfect full back he wouldn’t be here. Eliminate the odd silly lapse in concentration and we have England’s right full back.

Brilliant result. Deserved the win. Gala were technically proficient but Goldson & Helander were very good. Midfield of Davis & Kamara were oustanding. Tav motm. Hagi didn’t do too much in first half yet pings a perfect pass for Arfield’s wonderful goal. Well worked goal. Barisic, for me, seemed to be carrying an injury and yet his cross to Tav was a great team goal. Should have had more. Morelos poor game and should have scored. Now for the group stages. Arsenal would be great to draw plus 2 easier teams please.

Goes without saying I suppose but shows the importance of a second goal. Minutes to go and the other team get lucky. Well done Rangers.

Last nights Galatasaray reminded me of 'older versions' of us in Europe at times. A team with some big names in world football but no real cutting edge or purpose. The big name players didnt turn up for them last night. Behlanda looked really tidy and brilliant on the ball but didnt really 'do' anything. No cutting edge.

Falcao got next to no service and looked a shadow of the player he was a few years back. And FWIW i agree with Clive Tyldsley that there was a spell when he was at Athletico he was the best number 9 in the world for a while.

We are now a side that relys on young, hungry, aggressive players and it shows.

Over the moon with the result last night.
Solid at the back, Greegs rarely troubled and we absorbed their attacks when inevitably they put us on the back foot.
Kent was outstanding. Tav too and Hagi is only ever two touches away from slicing a defence open, however quiet he’s been. We are starting to look like a team with flexibility and options all over the pitch. Most importantly we attacked with pace and venom. Impressed.

Poured myself a glass of red at half time. Seven minutes and two sips later I cowped it over the grey living room carpet thanks to Scotty Arfs mouth watering goal. Missed the next one as I was on my knees in full oh shit mop up mode. This morning it’s agreed I’ve got away with it.;)

I thought Davis was magnificent.

The amount of ground he covered, his range of passing, and more importantly the way he took the sting out the game when required.

Top class

Is there any comments from Galatasaray about the game? It would be good to hear what their coach thought about the game and what was their fans reaction?

Totally utterly delighted. Tough opponents, but we really deserved that win. Two World class goals, especially the 2nd one. I had concerns that we would miss the European night crown atmosphere, but no concerns anymore. Well done Rangers, outstanding.

Ordered the game via RTV even tho I was going to spend the majority of it on my commute to work and I could not get logged back in for love or money.

Just watched Bet365s tracker instead.

£15 wasted? absolutely. Do I care? absolutely not. What a result. I honestly cannot see our record of a team having to navigate 4 qualifying rounds 3 years running making the group stages ever being matched never mind bettered.

Yes we'll be judged on silverware come May but we cannot ignore what a remarkable achievement Gerrard has brought to us on the International stage.

Back