Press Conference Rangers v Hearts - pre match press conference

or Leon King at centre half and Balogun on the bench
A cup final, our last chance of any silverware.

An experienced international who has done well in numerous big games at home and abroad is surely more likely to start than a youngster with a handful of starts.

I want Lowry unleashed from the start tomorrow, i don't care what age he is or what experience he has the guy is a class act and is going to be a star and he cant be held back any longer.

I'm certain he would have offered more than our attack did on Wednesday aswell despite his age, he should be regular starter next season.

Last edited:
It all reminds me a bit of the QOS final in 2008. Just a couple of days after a huge downer, the support still coming to terms with it and hardly anyone speaking about the cup final right up to the morning of the game itself.

Can't fester in disappointment forever.

It might not feel like it now, but if we'd gone out in the EL semi we'd have viewed tomorrow as rightly being massive for our recovery, and that hasn't changed. All that's happened is we went a stage further in Europe than we ever had a hope of expecting.

Rangers picking up Scottish silverware will never just be another game. I am right fcking up for this now.

Look, all the calls for Lowry and King are great and I even agree that they should get more game time, but the reality is, we are not a fanbase that takes well to projects and lets be honest, throwing two teenagers into a cup final that we absolutely must win has the potential for disaster. One nervous moment, one mistake and there will be some all over them with criticism and that could have a very debilitating impact on their development. Until we mature around how we assess "moments" I doubt any Rangers manager will go too crazy with youth.

Look, all the calls for Lowry and King are great and I even agree that they should get more game time, but the reality is, we are not a fanbase that takes well to projects and lets be honest, throwing two teenagers into a cup final that we absolutely must win has the potential for disaster. One nervous moment, one mistake and there will be some all over them with criticism and that could have a very debilitating impact on their development. Until we mature around how we assess "moments" I doubt any Rangers manager will go too crazy with youth.
Or a cup winning moment can work the other way.

Exactly. No matter how well they did last week has no bearing on tomorrow.

Back