Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 13:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Has the Scottish press not spent the last month or so, calling him a cheating bastard and mocking him for the incident against Hearts at Hampden? Not to mention our support seem to dislike him.

Anyone arsed by a celebration is a gimp.

As someone else said after that first half performance he should have picked the ball up and ran sheepishly to the half way line to restart play.

Silva is an embarrassment. The proper celebration after that first half performance, and his displays for Rangers, is to pick up the ball and run sheepishly back to the halfway line.

There’s was literally no time left, it would have been pointless to run with the ball and what’s the point in scoring if your not gonna celebrate it.

Typical big money EPL signing who believes his own hype. Basically telling our fans to shut up, arrogant … ah I’m going to get a ban if I keep typing and I’m on my last warning.
His goal celebration tells you all you want to know about this team.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we went to three at the back, with Borna coming off for Davies.

I hope admin clamp down on the mindless abuse of our players.

Irony of people on here giving up calling the team shitebags.

If only they put as much effort into supporting the team as they do to running them down and mindlessly abusing our players. This thread alone has people staying they "fkin hate Tav" and "hate Borna". They parrot Sutton lines about Cantwell, and basically have a go at everyone in our team cause we conceded a goal? That's not a supporter, that's a snidey lady's front bottom who doesn't have a clue about football. Best of it is it's not wee boys either.
I wonder how many of them are tims?

Got to wonder about the allegiances of a lot of posters on here. Some amount of anti-Rangers rhetoric to say the least.
It’s not being anti Rangers to call out these players who continuously let us down. It’s not anti Rangers to say Borna, Tav, Lundstram have been great servants of the club but need to go now if we’re ever going to be successful. It’s not being anti Rangers to say that the players that fraud Beale bought are not good enough and it will take years for us to recover from that mess. It’s because we have such a love for our club that we point out these obvious facts and hope the club does something about it!

I turned it over as I thought he was going to blow for halftime and missed the goal. Couldn't bare listening to Sutton.

Have you seen our squad?

What you doing differently considering the injuries?

What left back you picking considering our starter is injured?

You playing the right back out of position at left back? He tried that and it didn't work.

Stick sterling into midfield then you're relying on Wright or Mcausland at RW who offer absolutely nothing. Sterling is the better option at RW compared to those 2.

The fact he dragged us to even being in a title race considering where we were when Beale was sacked deserves some credit.

These players have just reverted to type and shat the bed as the always do. It's just that it's normally over the festive period and new year they usually do it and this year it was April.
You are bang on here. Big PC has managed to single handedly make this a title race, with both arms, legs and head tied behind his back.

It's who's almost available, not who's in form. We need to back him even if we get 2nd. This is way different from last year's rebuild.

Silva.

3pne4m.png.a9f14229cde9b9d3d8f041a13a615390.png
That’s fucking superb :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Good goal form Silva, showed class, a long time coming. His antics afterwards summed him up. Showing the back of his shirt to the crowd. Yes, we'll be looking at it soon enough.

Glad he scored obviously but his attitude after scoring that goal is embarrassing mate. He’s been awful for months and he’s prancing about likes he the messiah of Ibrox. Attitude like that is half the problem within this team
Totally agree but it just doesn’t register on the level of importance chart today.
Or, put it another way, I’m quite happy him scoring has managed to give the fans something to moan about just now.

Goal Silva, for me only Cantwell and Sterling have been trying to get on the ball
tbh, they're the only 2 outfield players that you'd be looking at if you were a scout from another club.

That Silva goal from nowhere there papers over a few cracks -- an awful goal conceded by us (yet again, from a ball over the head of a full back), a penalty that we didn't get (the Kilmarnock player was closing in on Sterling in the box, and had his arm in an unnatural position to deny Sterling possession-- why isn't it a penalty?); some really iffy decisions from the ref; a poor penalty from Tav; a lack of drive from the back especially, etc, etc.

Interesting to note that Barisic isn't even our worst defender today.
I like Balogun but I think this game might just be a pointer as to why he shouldn't get another year for us.

The Silva goal was actually really good when you watch it -- the Lundstram chip is the ONLY chip that we should be putting into their box. Keep it low and away from their goalie.

Finally, I still feel that Sterling's runs into the box on the right will get us another penalty.
In fact, more of that running into the box with the ball, from all the forward players.

We've had this ref a few times this season and he gets worse each game. He was the clown at rugby park who gave them a penalty wrongly and didn't use var then refused to give us two stone wallers. He's absolutely shite and doesn't seem to know what a foul is
He let a Killie defender wrap two arms around our player just outside the box, then thinks that Dessers get his shirt pulled off his back on the Halfway line is fine.

Yet that Polworth leans into a player, falls over and its a free kick every time.

He's sure trying to make up for that time he was caught smiling at Hampden.

To sum up the first half, I would say:-
53 minutes of shite!
The worst refereeing performance I can recall!
One moment of brilliance by Silva for our goal!

Have you seen our squad?

What you doing differently considering the injuries?

What left back you picking considering our starter is injured?

You playing the right back out of position at left back? He tried that and it didn't work.

Stick sterling into midfield then you're relying on Wright or Mcausland at RW who offer absolutely nothing. Sterling is the better option at RW compared to those 2.

The fact he dragged us to even being in a title race considering where we were when Beale was sacked deserves some credit.

These players have just reverted to type and shat the bed as the always do. It's just that it's normally over the festive period and new year they usually do it and this year it was April.

This is my problem mate.

Clement got us back in to the race (not the players).

Now we've been shite for weeks it's the players (not Clement).

You can't get all the praise and none of the criticism.

Either he's had an effect or he hasn't.

Regards squad selection. I'll concede it's difficult and he's been unfortunate there.

What a crazy half of football!
They will not last the second half, cricket score upcoming!
Silva - lovely finish, but if you want to taunt fans taunt theirs pal!

I hope admin clamp down on the mindless abuse of our players.

Irony of people on here giving up calling the team shitebags.

If only they put as much effort into supporting the team as they do to running them down and mindlessly abusing our players. This thread alone has people staying they "fkin hate Tav" and "hate Borna". They parrot Sutton lines about Cantwell, and basically have a go at everyone in our team cause we conceded a goal? That's not a supporter, that's a snidey lady's front bottom who doesn't have a clue about football. Best of it is it's not wee boys either.
You realise you can always go elsewhere? No ones forcing you to hang out in these threads, I’m not sure why you always get so wound up by fans being angry as the team bottles title after title. Doesn’t matter how bad we are or how many trophies they hoover up on the other side of the city, you’re always in a rage at fans for not being happy with being served up the same rubbish time each time. If you want an echo chamber where it’s positivity only surely you’d be best starting your own board.

Fabio Silva will never play for a club bigger than Rangers for as long as he plays the game. He just doesn’t realise it, still cringing at that “celebration”.

And some folk said, “He gets it” a few weeks ago, lol.

Sometimes being Captain is about making decisions that benefit the team , giving another player a chance at a penalty actually " messes " with the opposition goalies head as everything he's studied all week goes out the window ......

Ps we pay strikers a funny amount of money to score goals maybe give them a chance

Folk are gonna low key hate this, but Silva has been one of our few good attacking players this afternoon. Not been great. But direct in the box and willing to have a shot at goal, unlike Cyriel.

Appears big Dessers has left his shooting boots at home, or forgotten he's allowed to shoot. One of the two.

Cantwell is the master of demanding the ball in space, getting surrounded, trying to dance through a sea of bodies and then losing the ball. Frustrating as hell.

What is it with Tav and these nightmare starts ? It's game after game at the moment.

Fear Kilmarnock can keep us out all day long - that goal changes complexion hugely though as we only need one, assuming we don't self-destruct again.

Without a freakish og we wouldn't be too upset with that performance. Not exactly waxing lyrical, but we'd be ok. It just turned into a really strange chaotic first half, thanks in no small part to the referees, who is shocking. We need to try and get momentum going from early in the second half. None of this running around like headless chickens in the last twenty minutes.

Back