Votes: 19 2.6%
  • Morelos

Votes: 402 54.5%
  • Aribo

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Defoe

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
As much as we’ve been lethargic I think some of you lads got carried away and forgot that Porto are actually a quality side.

Maybe another reality check in the long line of reality checks many of you need. This was never going to be easy.
Yup I think people forget they reached 1/4 finals of CL last season. Most teams in Europa League would look poor against them, it's hard not to when your up against a side of that quality. Not to say we couln't do better though.

In Portugal we got lucky and was a bit of a fluke result (even if we could have won) but it looks like Porto have turned up in force here and taking us seriously.

Though we have been playing better recently so let's hope we can get a goal in before HT.

You're one of these over dramatic types aren't you? Make things up and sound offended hoping to be right and be able to say I told you so.

Barker has offered more than players on the bench with the exception of Defoe in big games. I'd far rather him than Arfield of this season who constantly gives the ball away and is slow as a week in jail. Gladly Gerrard agrees.
Sorry didn’t realise you were his boyfriend!

settle down was just making a point and the next minute you’ve turned him into Brian Laudrup! Have a word with yerself!

The atmosphere isn't helping, too much in the way of moaning and groaning just like on here. Porto are a quality side that have been expensively assembled who play in a better league than ours.

20 minutes in and not conceded, we can hopefully get a hold of the ball a bit now.

Yup I think people forget they reached 1/4 finals of CL last season. Most teams in Europa League would look poor against them, it's hard not to when your up against a side of that quality. Not to say we couln't do better though.

In Portugal we got lucky and was a bit of a fluke result (even if we could have won) but it looks like Porto have turned up in force here and taking us seriously.

Though we have been playing better recently so let's hope we can get a goal in before HT.

Explain how we got lucky and how it was a fluke result. We deserved the draw at the very least?

This team got to the CL quarter finals last year.

After reading a few comments on this forum I've had the belief sapped out of me.

0-0 after 20 minutes, against a CL quarter final team. And all I read is negativity.

You people. What the %^*& do you want?

Why does everyone keep forgetting the ball? Is there sticky stuff all over it?

C'mon guys. Lets do this.

For reference, Porto have 2 wingers that cost them 20m and they're not even playing. Just to show the difference between us and them. But so far we're doing better, if we can nick a goal who knows.

Edit: Get him away from set pieces ffs

Really need to start being calm on the ball and take control. We don’t look like the home side at all here

If a Porto player yelps and hits the deck under a tiny bit of pressure, they will get a free kick. Every time.

Explain how we got lucky and how it was a fluke result. We deserved the draw at the very least?
I meant that we got lucky Porto were poor on the day and clearly underestimated us. We played good but we were also quite lucky that Porto didn't show up fully like they have done today and I think that game warped peoples opinion about just how good Porto is, hence a lot of the negativity here.

Not to downplay our performance but 9/10 times we would walk away from Portugal with 0 points and pregame I think most people would have been happy with avoiding a hammering.

Last edited:
Porto are clearly a pretty good team and they've come to play. We have started slow (a bit like against Hearts). Hopefully we can pick our game up and start creating chances. Personally, I'm delighted it's still 0-0.

This team got to the CL quarter finals last year.

After reading a few comments on this forum I've had the belief sapped out of me.

0-0 after 20 minutes, against a CL quarter final team. And all I read is negativity.

You people. What the %^*& do you want?
A thread full of young boys never seen us lift a trophy worth celebrating yet. No excuse for the greetin at 0-0 mind !

Back