Rangers v Sports Direct (Latest Court Case – Verdict Awaited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Twice Ashley went to court in order to try and convince a judge Elite should be made to cease and failed. As Rangers QC pointed out in the first case, anyone can go to Hummel and order kit and sell it. Elite and Hummel are pretty much the same entity, they appear comfortable enough to proceed with setting up the Belfast Store opening soon. And it appears a matter now to discuss compensation for the breach, the contract cap says £1M and to deal with the matter of Costs. I really do not see a scenario now where Ashley can regain exclusive rights or stop others, he tried before two judges and failed because of the way Elite and Hummel operate.
Well, BB, you’re one of the posters I look for in these threads.
This reads well.
You’d better not let me down though.:)

He’s paid people to do his thinking mate. Anytime he’s opened his mouth he’s shown himself for the fat uneducated slob that he is.
Nobody at that level doesn’t pay for the expertise and the advice of others.
They wouldn’t get to that level without it.
How many times have you heard Alan Sugar refer to his trusted advisors?

Nobody at that level doesn’t pay for the expertise and the advice of others.
They wouldn’t get to that level without it.
How many times have you heard Alan Sugar refer to his trusted advisors?

I get what you’re saying mate but Alan sugar with or without his advisors is a ruthless bastard but with class. You can tell with or without advisors that he’s a shrewd business man.

You watch ANY interview or camera appearance by Ashley it’s blatantly clear that he’s a complete moron. His appearance in front of parliament being a real highlight stuttering and mumbling his way through it. One particular question when asked about sexual harassment claims against female workers:

“sports direct must pull its socks up simple as that fellas... eh woman as well as fellas” followed by a toe curling pretend giggle

That’s something I’d expect from Homer Simpson not a multi billionaire tycoon.

Ashley’s a fucking moron that’s a fact.

I get what you’re saying mate but Alan sugar with or without his advisors is a ruthless bastard but with class. You can tell with or without advisors that he’s a shrewd business man.

You watch ANY interview or camera appearance by Ashley it’s blatantly clear that he’s a complete moron. His appearance in front of parliament being a real highlight stuttering and mumbling his way through it. One particular question when asked about sexual harassment claims against female workers:

“sports direct must pull its socks up simple as that fellas... eh woman as well as fellas” followed by a toe curling pretend giggle

Absolutely agree with your last line there.

What time today (if today at all) are we likely to get an idea of how proceedings are fairing? Is this to last all week?

Bit of a contradiction. If fat Mike was a complete moron, he would not be a billionaire. If fat Mike was a complete moron, we would not be in the merchandise mess we are.

The fat slug might be a reprehensible, odious bastard but he is not a moron. Let's hope King can win this war once and for all.

Bit of a contradiction. If fat Mike was a complete moron, he would not be a billionaire. If fat Mike was a complete moron, we would not be in the merchandise mess we are.

The fat slug might be a reprehensible, odious bastard but he is not a moron. Let's hope King can win this war once and for all.

The watertight underhand contracts are a result of him paying people to do his thinking.

He’s had a simple idea and it’s taken off. Luck got him started, paying people to think for him got him proper set up.

He can’t open his mouth without embarrassing himself. A trial for damages by a former employee revealed he would go to the pub and drink until he spewed into a fireplace. Also told that during a serious board meeting for one of the biggest companies in the UK that he became bored so literally crawled under the desk for a nap. Government ministers visiting his warehouse and he had his staff attach listening devices to a tray used to serve them drinks which they found.

I could go on mate and everybody on here has an opinion but I won’t budge on my view that the man is a fucking moron. The above hardly paints a picture of a ruthless, cunning and tactful captain of industry does it? He’s a less charming Homer Simpson. A complete and utter oaf.

If it were true that we could pay £1m and be done with Ashley forever, it would be the best million ever spent

It would. However, you’d have to think that if it was as simple as that we wouldn’t be trailing in and out of Court every few months.

If that’s what the Judge goes for - and follows up by saying the relationship is ‘broken’ and should be terminated - then we can all celebrate. I fear it will not be that easy.

It would. However, you’d have to think that if it was as simple as that we wouldn’t be trailing in and out of Court every few months.

If that’s what the Judge goes for - and follows up by saying the relationship is ‘broken’ and should be terminated - then we can all celebrate. I fear it will not be that easy.

You're a right cheery bastard every day VB!!!!

Perhaps the bottom has dropped out of the Sevco Loon market. The days of making a living by Sevco-ing to the green and grey 24/7 are a distant memory.
A guy called Stephen o'donnell has just written a book about the liquidation of Rangers fc. The sevco loon market is still going strong mate.

You're a right cheery bastard every day VB!!!!

Aw c'mon, I'm not normally all that bad. ;) Just think we are on a shafting with this one I'm afraid. I've been itching for some 'positivity' on this case since it started all those months ago but I'm not finding even a crumb of comfort.:(

I've been wrong before - many times - so lets hope I'm wrong again this time. I usually turn to the smart folks like yourself for some encouragement - but it's thin on the ground and generally falls into the 'wishful thinking' category on this subject.

Aw c'mon, I'm not normally all that bad. ;) Just think we are on a shafting with this one I'm afraid. I've been itching for some 'positivity' on this case since it started all those months ago but I'm not finding even a crumb of comfort.:(

I've been wrong before - many times - so lets hope I'm wrong again this time. I usually turn to the smart folks like yourself for some encouragement - but it's thin on the ground and generally falls into the 'wishful thinking' category on this subject.
The fact we are selling merch through another outlet is a pretty big crumb of comfort. Ashley, and his lawyers, haven't been able to bully us, or control us as they thought they could. They are not as clever as they think they are.
I believe the expectation is that court hearings will go on for some time to come. All SD can hope to do now is maximise damages awarded to them. Apparently several contracts were agreed with the world's worst retail partner choice, Sports Direct.

The fact we are selling merch through another outlet is a pretty big crumb of comfort. Ashley, and his lawyers, haven't been able to bully us, or control us as they thought they could. They are not as clever as they think they are.
I believe the expectation is that court hearings will go on for some time to come. All SD can hope to do now is maximise damages awarded to them. Apparently several contracts were agreed with the world's worst retail partner choice, Sports Direct.
So do you think the end is in sight bud or is this likely to rumble on for years?

Bosses at Rangers Football Club are embroiled in the latest round of a long-running High Court battle with Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley centred on merchandise sales.
Lawyers representing a company in the Sports Direct Group say Rangers’ bosses are in breach of obligations under a deal relating to replica kit.
They say SDI Retail Services are having to bring “serial court proceedings”.
Rangers bosses dispute claims made against them.
A judge began to oversee the latest in a series of hearings at the High Court in London on Monday.
Judge Lionel Persey is due to finish analysing evidence later this week.
Mr Ashley, who also owns Newcastle United, was not at the hearing.
Rangers lost a round of the fight in October.
Another judge ruled that Rangers had breached the terms of an agreement made with SDI.
Mr Justice Teare concluded that bosses at Rangers had made a new agreement with another firm without giving SDI a chance to match that firm’s offer.
SDI bosses have subsequently made further complaints about Rangers not complying with commercial obligations.
Barrister Sa’ad Hossain QC, who is leading SDI’s legal team, outlined the history of the dispute to Judge Persey and listed five sets of proceedings.
He said another company was continuing to sell replica kit, contrary to a deal.
“SDI is having to compel Rangers to comply with its obligations through serial court proceedings,” he said.
“Rangers seems unwilling to do so voluntarily.”
Ben Quiney QC, who leads Rangers’ legal team, said “key battlegrounds” revolved around disagreement over the definition of certain commercial “activities”.
He said a main dispute centred on the meaning of “distributing”.
Mr Quiney told the judge: “SDI have put their case too wide and it doesn’t make sense.”

Bosses at Rangers Football Club are embroiled in the latest round of a long-running High Court battle with Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley centred on merchandise sales.
Lawyers representing a company in the Sports Direct Group say Rangers’ bosses are in breach of obligations under a deal relating to replica kit.
They say SDI Retail Services are having to bring “serial court proceedings”.
Rangers bosses dispute claims made against them.
A judge began to oversee the latest in a series of hearings at the High Court in London on Monday.
Judge Lionel Persey is due to finish analysing evidence later this week.
Mr Ashley, who also owns Newcastle United, was not at the hearing.
Rangers lost a round of the fight in October.
Another judge ruled that Rangers had breached the terms of an agreement made with SDI.
Mr Justice Teare concluded that bosses at Rangers had made a new agreement with another firm without giving SDI a chance to match that firm’s offer.
SDI bosses have subsequently made further complaints about Rangers not complying with commercial obligations.
Barrister Sa’ad Hossain QC, who is leading SDI’s legal team, outlined the history of the dispute to Judge Persey and listed five sets of proceedings.
He said another company was continuing to sell replica kit, contrary to a deal.
“SDI is having to compel Rangers to comply with its obligations through serial court proceedings,” he said.
“Rangers seems unwilling to do so voluntarily.”
Ben Quiney QC, who leads Rangers’ legal team, said “key battlegrounds” revolved around disagreement over the definition of certain commercial “activities”.
He said a main dispute centred on the meaning of “distributing”.
Mr Quiney told the judge: “SDI have put their case too wide and it doesn’t make sense.”

That doesn’t sound good . Fck sake .

That doesn’t sound good . Fck sake .

When your defence is at the point where it centres on definitions of specific words in the contract it smacks of clutching at straws. However, as we well know from years of litigation that's often enough. The Law's an ass right enough.

When your defence is at the point where it centres on definitions of specific words in the contract it smacks of clutching at straws. However, as we well know from years of litigation that's often enough. The Law's an ass right enough.

I wish I hadn’t read it .

Convinced myself we’d pay a million and be free.

Now it seems we are never getting out of it .

Did the judge at the court case back in Autumn (I think) basically not just tell Sports Direct to get their finger out and match the Elite deal? Obviously this still hasn't been done.

Any reason why they wouldn't have matched the deal after the judge had told them to other than SDI being cunts?

The watertight underhand contracts are a result of him paying people to do his thinking.

He’s had a simple idea and it’s taken off. Luck got him started, paying people to think for him got him proper set up.

He can’t open his mouth without embarrassing himself. A trial for damages by a former employee revealed he would go to the pub and drink until he spewed into a fireplace. Also told that during a serious board meeting for one of the biggest companies in the UK that he became bored so literally crawled under the desk for a nap. Government ministers visiting his warehouse and he had his staff attach listening devices to a tray used to serve them drinks which they found.

I could go on mate and everybody on here has an opinion but I won’t budge on my view that the man is a fucking moron. The above hardly paints a picture of a ruthless, cunning and tactful captain of industry does it? He’s a less charming Homer Simpson. A complete and utter oaf.
My hatred of the odious prick is up there with the rest of our support. We could all go on as you say.

But don't kid yourself that only luck got him started, only continues because he pays the correct people to do his bidding, is worth billions yet is a complete moron. He has many disgusting faults but is very capable in many respects. The country is awash with morons, I would argue none of them are multi-billionaires.

That is why DK needs to nullify him.

Did the judge at the court case back in Autumn (I think) basically not just tell Sports Direct to get their finger out and match the Elite deal? Obviously this still hasn't been done.

Any reason why they wouldn't have matched the deal after the judge had told them to other than SDI being cunts?

Yes he did.

No they didn't.

They are indeed kunts

So do you think the end is in sight bud or is this likely to rumble on for years?
It might rumble on for a couple of years yet mate. We are taking action against SD to get money they owe us, and we will also look to overturn court orders against us for costs at full hearings where all the facts can be taken into account.

It might rumble on for a couple of years yet mate. We are taking action against SD to get money they owe us, and we will also look to overturn court orders against us for costs at full hearings where all the facts can be taken into account.

At this rate we’d have been as well remaining in the 7 year deal .

At least that had an ending .

Thanks bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back