Match Thread Rangers v St Johnstone - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv Only

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
AL6bQD7.png

Hearing Barisic is struggling with a hamstring problem can anyone expand?

Read on twitter and was a quote from the gaffer someone had put up.

Hearing Barisic is struggling with a hamstring problem can anyone expand?

Read on twitter and was a quote from the gaffer someone had put up.

Went for a scan and doesn't look as though he'll make tomorrow. That's all I know from the interview yesterday.

Flanagan will cover with no dramas.

I'm going I'm confident and saying 3-1 Rangers!

This will be a harder game than last week vs Dundee.

For one St Johnstone are better than Dundee but most importantly League games are always harder after playing in Europe a few days before (particularly if it's been an away game).

We really need to win this and can't afford any more slip-ups but I don't think it will be easy.

We might need to be patient. They'll be wasting time from kick off, will (no doubt) get away with persistent tactical fouls to break up the game and will be an awkward opponent.

It might be we win it late. As long as we win it, I don't care how we do it.

There's a chance for a rest for our players this midweek coming vs Ayr - so the 11 players that play tomorrow should go all out knowing that, for once, they're going to get a decent rest and recovery period after the game.

Does anyone know who the ref is tomorrow btw?

Not really.

Two of those DD's were in Ufa when we qualified for the Europa League Group Stage and Thursday night where we got a point in Villarreal.

Both of those were excellent results.

Of course they were - but wouldn't we all like to see a string of Ws above our name on that graphic? Drawing with Motherwell and losing to the Dhims was entirely avoidable, particularly the former. We've a run of decent fixtures now that could/should see us with the opportunity to rack up 5 wins on the bounce.

This will be a harder game than last week vs Dundee.

For one St Johnstone are better than Dundee but most importantly League games are always harder after playing in Europe a few days before (particularly if it's been an away game).

We really need to win this and can't afford any more slip-ups but I don't think it will be easy.

We might need to be patient. They'll be wasting time from kick off, will (no doubt) get away with persistent tactical fouls to break up the game and will be an awkward opponent.

It might be we win it late. As long as we win it, I don't care how we do it.

There's a chance for a rest for our players this midweek coming vs Ayr - so the 11 players that play tomorrow should go all out knowing that, for once, they're going to get a decent rest and recovery period after the game.

Does anyone know who the ref is tomorrow btw?

Steven McLean

We need a win by any means. I think it will be a tough afternoon. I reckon they will sit n make it difficult. 1-0 to rangers within last quarter of match.

Lafferty.

Of course they were - but wouldn't we all like to see a string of Ws above our name on that graphic? Drawing with Motherwell and losing to the Dhims was entirely avoidable, particularly the former. We've a run of decent fixtures now that could/should see us with the opportunity to rack up 5 wins on the bounce.

Depends on the context.

If we had went out of Europe earlier in the season during the qualifiers we could well have had WWWWW for our last 5 games (but they would all have come in domestic games and we would have no Europe to look forward to) which sounds much less appealing to me tbh.

Getting into Europe has been huge for us and two of those D's (Ufa away and Villarreal away) were our two best results since beating the mentally challengeds in April 2016.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

No slip ups please, keep the momentum going.

A comfortable 2-0 victory will do just fine, anything better accepted with open arms.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Absolutely buzzing for this one, 1st game since Bury due to working away. Quiet 1 the night watching boxing then few beers pre and post match tomorrow in Louden as usual. Only St Johnstone I know but totally buzzing!

I think tomorrow is a day for patience with the team. We all want to see gung ho performances with five goal victories at Ibrox every game, but Thursday was an energy sapping performance on a very hot Spanish evening. Think we'll allow st johnstone a bit more of the ball. Still see a comfortable 3-0.

Greegs

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan

McCrorie
Jack
Ejaria

Middleton
Morelos
Grezda

Support need to be patient tomorrow and get behind the team. If we score early it may be comfortable but they will Park the bus and it may take to second half before goals come. Would like to see midfield getting shooting boots on rather than us trying to play through them all the time. 2-0 Gers.

3-1 Gers - Morelos, Katic, Candeias

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Wallace

Jack
Arfield
Coulibaily

Candeias
Morelos
Middleton

Subs: Lafferty, Halliday, Worral, Fod, Kent, Grezda, Mccrorie

Think this will be tougher than many seem to think. St Johnstone look a bit different to recent years and are pretty rapid on the counter. Think they'll score but we'll win 2-1

As my Dad would say, "If is a small word with a big meaning", think he was drunk when he said it right enough....but IF the Tims drop points tomorrow and we win I think we'll gain a massive boost. I honestly think that the moment we get in front of them will be a turning point as the pressure then piles right on them and we can push on from there. We've been prone in recent years to fucking things up as soon as we get ourselves in this position but we've now got a stronger mentality, win the next 4 league games and we'll power past them.

As my Dad would say, "If is a small word with a big meaning", think he was drunk when he said it right enough....but IF the Tims drop points tomorrow and we win I think we'll gain a massive boost. I honestly think that the moment we get in front of them will be a turning point as the pressure then piles right on them and we can push on from there. We've been prone in recent years to fucking things up as soon as we get ourselves in this position but we've now got a stronger mentality, win the next 4 league games and we'll power past them.

If equAls is second

Strongest possible team, no thoughts of this being other than a must win game.

Ruthless and Relentless please.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan

Halliday (Jack if fit)
Arfield
Coulibaily

Candeias
Morelos
Middleton

2-0 the Gers, Morelos & Tav

Last edited:
Never known a support that continually can't gets their own players name's wrong.

The other day we had Laverty.
Fook sakes! Nearly put Flanno too, but thought I’d have the nick name polis on me!

Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan. Got it

Last edited:
We are in the fortunate position of returning from a tough European game with our main striker rested and ready for action.

Despite the injuries we have there is still a number of options compared to where we were even a few months ago.

Middleton may have played his way into the starting line up, and I would expect to see Eros get more minutes at some stage in the game depending on how we are playing.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see young Ross getting a start, possibly in place of Halliday.

Goldson and Katic should be the pairing in the centre with Flanagan replacing Barasic.

We have THREE rested players after the EL game, Flanagan, Katic, and Morelos.

I'd also like to see young Middleton play. If any of the CM are struggling there is McCrorie.

I expect Grezda to come on at some stage to get some match fitness, possibly Dorrans too.

Shiteing myself just like before the Dundee game. If we’ve any designs on the title, then tomorrow’s a must win. If this 3 wins on the trot hoodoo continues we can forget it.

Back