Press Conference Rangers v St Mirren - pre match press conference "knock all the 54's off the wall" (Videos added)

Patterson not quite getting the answer he was looking for when saying about the message to fans to stay away B-)
Gerrard did say to stick to the guidelines though, this means fans must stay away

He might have worded it a bit better, but he still responded in the right way.

As much as this title means to us staying away means saving lives so it should be a no-brainer, there's nothing wrong with celebrating with your family and waiting until all the restrictions are lifted to really celebrate.

the time will come, don't worry

You get some people who are a perfect fit for certain clubs and some who just aren’t. We went through a couple of false dawns with Warburton and especially Pedro, but Gerrard is just a perfect match for us.

He is obviously steeped in the Liverpool way and I always thought there were a lot of similarities between the two clubs. He just gets it, and always has.
I think the reason is , and souness knew it as well , there aren’t actually that many clubs globally who tend to have that kind of feeling that absolutely takes up your soul from the tip of your toes to the top of your head . Some clubs seem to have it - Boca , River Plate , Red Star , Liverpool , Napoli , Fiorentina , Olympiakos , ourselves all clubs where no matter what team is on the pitch you know you are playing against history and realness if that makes sense . In today’s sterile football world very few clubs have this . We do .

It’s almost weird the feeling - my family come first but then rangers is more important than anything else after that . That isn’t normal , it’s probably weird but it’s the way I and many of us are . And Gerrard gets it he’s now a legend at TWO of these clubs !

What a presser.

Totally understands what we as a support have been through.

Lets knock the 54's off the wall.

I have plans Sunday but never told you my plans before and won't be going forward.

Absolute pinger man, love this man.

Glad he didn’t bow down to a wee bit of pressure from Charles Patterson and say fans shouldn’t come to stadium etc.

Just a “its out of my control but we need to remember what they’ve been through” :)

Brilliant as always @Craigie.

The manager speaks so well at press conferences, however there's one aspect I fundamentally disagree with and that's when he pays ALL credit to the players.

For sure, they get a huge amount of credit for the way they've turned things around in the space of 12 months, but he's being humble (to use his word of the season) by not mentioning him and his coaching team. The way they have coached, drilled, motivated, focused and driven that group of players forward to reach the heights they have this season is beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

So to Stevie G, Gary Mac, Michael Beale, Tom Culshaw, Ross Wilson and all the backroom staff who have made this possible, I salute each and every one of you. You will shortly go down in history as Rangers greats and deservedly so.

This.

I cant imagine anyone employed at Rangers right now not wanting to be there when a packed Ibrox reassembles to greet the team. Gives me shivers just thinking what the atmosphere will be like. Take my season ticket money now!

55 55 Glasgow Rangers
55 55 I say
55 55 Glasgow Rangers
Doing it the Bill Struth way

or any other appropriate 4th line
Echoing round Ibrox, again and again and repeat!

Oh my Stevie G!
d1ea0e8f5a7294e8ebb9c2e6513d278d.png

So, this is the first time I think I've heard the manager talk about 55! I wonder why? :shh: It's a wee bit emotional hearing him talk about it.

Knock the 54s off the wall outstanding, Jimmy Bell will be out with an inky!

You got plans for Sunday? All bears listening intently in case we can stalk him!! Great reply though

I love how he fielded the question re fans congregating. "Not my responsibility, people have to understand what these fans have been through and the most important thing is they stay safe". Cannot put into words my admiration for this man

Back