Match Thread Rangers v Villarreal - 20:00 Thursday - Bt Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
i8pZ5hp.png

Christ I cannot fuckin wait for this. Haven't been so hyped for a game in a good while.

Not helped by the fact I can see Ibrox from my work and the floodlights are blazing out into the night sky, I guess Villarreal are training on the park. I hope they're fuckin miserable :D

We're gonna do the business tomorrow .4-2 the teds

I'm confident and going for 3-2 to Rangers! I'll settle for a draw if the other result goes our way though!

If we can get a win, it'll take me back to the heady days of Euro Glory. Buzzn for the game, hope to Struth we can win.
BRING IT ON!
INTAE THEM RANGERS!
IN STEVIE WE TRUST!
GBTQ

WATP

Our record against Spanish teams is terrible.

But records are there to be broken.

A win against top name opposition in front of a packed and bouncing Ibrox could be the springboard for the Stevie G Express to really start rolling.

Worried about the left back position.

An intelligent, technical team will pop it round Halliday with ease and Flanagan lacks the pace at this level to deal with top wingers and strikers.

I think a Barisic even half fit would have been the best option.

Worried about the left back position.

An intelligent, technical team will pop it round Halliday with ease and Flanagan lacks the pace at this level to deal with top wingers and strikers.

I think a Barisic even half fit would have been the best option.
Yea, Spartak took the piss out of Flanagan so it has to be Halliday for me. Coulibaly and the left midfielder will have to provide as much cover as possible too.

I’m really excited for it but also fearing a doing, I’m sure my opinion will change come tomorrow though!

Any news on whether Villareal likely to play their strongest team?

I'll be there,the mad auld git in the Sandy Jardine rear.I think we'll be good for a draw and get the three points in Vienna.Cannot wait for tomorrow night.:D

I cannot wait for this.

Fully expect to come home having shouted myself hoarse. :D

Intae them Rangers !!!!

Last edited:
My head says at this stage I should only really care about the league but in my heart this is one of the games I’ve been most buzzing about all season.

Ain't gonna be easy. If we play to our strengths we should have enough to beat them. Going 2-1 the Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS! ! ! !

Hopefully a draw in the other game before we play. It is possible to qualify with two draws, and these are two very hard games we have left.

To clarify. Two draws tomorrow leaves us as now, level with Spartak but behind on H2H. Villareal would need a result in Spain meaning they likely will beat them. That means we'd need a draw in Vienna.

Last edited:
Definitely Halliday in at LB for me. Flanagan gets ripped apart playing LB and was terrible in Moscow.

Lineup for me would be: McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Worral, Halliday, Jack, Candieas, Arfield, Ejaria, Middleton, Morelos

If we win, we’d probably prefer a Spartak win?
If we draw, we want the other game to be a draw as well?

If we win, we would prefer a Rapid win and if we draw, a draw in that game as well.

The ideal situation would be us winning and the other game ending in a draw.

Biggest European game in years and I mean more than just the fact we’ve been out. Can’t wait. Pity the weather is so shit.

Absolutely buzzing for this tonight, and will be keeping a close eye on the other game in our group this afternoon. Biggest game we've had since we were bumped down the leagues?

Just leaving the house now. Long day ahead but will be worth it if we get the result. Let’s go Rangers

I sit a few rows from the front but I'm hoping its pishing down sideways, freezing and blowing a gale tomorrow night. Give these Spanish bawbags a game Rangers and let's do this.
Madness. The East Coast of Spain and their stadia are well used to torrential rain and wind.
Let's just beat them. Whatever the weather throws at us.

Buzzing to get to Ibrox later, should be a great atmosphere.

Rangers to win, Arfield to score anytime, over 5 corners (combined), Jack to be booked. 5er @ 80/1 :D

If we win, we would prefer a Rapid win and if we draw, a draw in that game as well.

The ideal situation would be us winning and the other game ending in a draw.
If Rapid win, it means they can still qualify by winning their last game, against us!
Would we not rather they were eliminated?

A draw in the other game is the most preferable result for us imo.

As they kick off at 4pm, a Spartak win will have us on the cusp on elimination, meaning a Villarreal win tonight will see us out with a game to spare.

On the flip side, a draw in the oher game means a victory for see's us all but qualified (barring a collapse in Vienna in December).

As long as we go to Vienna still in contention then I'll be more than happy with that.

We've been excellent at home and as always I expect our crowd will get right behind the lads and create and electricatmosphere.

2-1 win

2-0 the famous! Early 1st half, breakaway 2nd!
Draw in other match I reckon would suit us best as will keep Vill/Spar last match honest and we would go through as better head to head v Wein? providing we do the biz tonight!!!
Cum Onnnnnnnn!

Back