Match Thread Rangers V West Ham - 19:45 Tuesday - RangersTV

Great match for a friendly.

Brother was in at the game. Says there was some scrapping in at the Union bears in BF and security waded in. Doesn't know if there was some whu fans in amongst it.
Nah, just that a majority of UB are speccy wee VL neds

What's even more pleasing after watching how good we were going forward (especially in the second half) was that we've still got Morelos and Roofe to come back in too. Exciting times bears.

Never realised Adam Devine was Sydney Devine's Grandson.

Useless information Loyal.

Reminds me of the joke... Whit's got 60 legs 'n nae teeth?

The front row of a Sydney Devine concert.

Ahm here aw night.... B-D
if Adam’s dad was called Gary, he was an ‘S’ form at Rangers as well.

Looked like he’d cut some holes in the back of them, which quite a few players do - think it’s to stop the socks constricting their calf muscles.

I’m fairly certain Tav cuts the bottoms off his socks as well, and wears different socks on his actual foot.
Confused by that last sentence

Still laughing about the guy getting a text from his mate at the Blackpool game saying Borna looks low on confidence.

Very pleasing second half against a very good team. Matonda looks an upgrade on the right and Lawrence looks like he can play in Aribos role. Still got Tillman and Davies to come in as well.

Early days of course, But on what I have seen so far all we need is a left back to challenge Borna and it will be a successful window.

Roll on Saturday!

The energy levels looked good, new guys looking sharp so what’s not to love? Spurs will be another good test.

Davies being announced today too. A good night all in B-)

Great run out. We're looking good bears. Champions league qualification is in our hands. I think we can do it. Shout out to Steven Gerrard who has been instrumental in getting us to where were are now. What a transformation. He's a Rangers legend!

That was fantastic football by the Rangers. This Belgium mob coming up have no chance.
Glen Kamara was my MOTM, Rolls Royce of a player.

I’ve only just been able to join this thread but I thought I’d like to say WoW -We have really bagged ourselves a bargain with Tom Lawrence.
The cut and trust he added to our midfield at the start of the second half was unbelievable.
I don’t think we’ll be missing much from Joe Aribo if this lad can be consistent.

Had a peek on the WHU FB post match thread. A lot of hammers fans saying “Rangers are no joke, they’ve just reached a European final - not surprising they turned us over’.

Just think where we’ve been in the last 10 years now we have a very good EPL side unsurprised we’ve humped them.

Brings me so much joy !!!

WATP

Reading some of the post match reports and it looks like we’ve stepped up against some quality opposition. I know it’s pre season and all that, but the games against West Ham and Spurs will show how far we’ve come over the last year. Good to get a win on the first one, but Spurs are a much better team to test ourselves against. Blackpool and Sunderland was about getting minutes in the legs. West Ham and Spurs is about showing what we’re capable of. Sounds like there has been some excellent recruitment in the summer too. Roll on Saturday.

Had a peek on the WHU FB post match thread. A lot of hammers fans saying “Rangers are no joke, they’ve just reached a European final - not surprising they turned us over’.

Just think where we’ve been in the last 10 years now we have a very good EPL side unsurprised we’ve humped them.

Brings me so much joy !!!

WATP
Good tweet here:

Though first half was a bit meh tbh. Wright near invisible it felt like. Barisic was probably standout along with Kamara in first half.
2nd half was superb for that first half hour - Matondo & Lawrence looked quality, cracking finish from Kent for his goal too & link ups between Lawrence and Kent & Tav & Matondo should have some of the donkeys in the SPL having nightmares already.
Move for the 2nd was brilliant.
Sands is I guess you could say quietly efficient - reads the game pretty well & generally pretty tidy.
McLaughlin though felt like it was 5-10 mins of a brain fart from him that nearly put us in bother.
Hopefully more of the same on Saturday and it’ll be interesting to see what Tillman can add to the team.

Souttar and colak very good first Ibrox performances for rangers however I was blown away by both Lawrence and Matondo, the link up between both of them was superb on more than a few occasions, both setting up each others goals and both finishes absolutely sublime. Buzzing for the season ahead.

Looked like he’d cut some holes in the back of them, which quite a few players do - think it’s to stop the socks constricting their calf muscles.

I’m fairly certain Tav cuts the bottoms off his socks as well, and wears different socks on his actual foot.

I believe the players are issued with ‘footless’ socks that basically just cover the lower halves of their legs and are free to wear whatever sock they want

I'm not sure what you're even on about. We also scored a goal from the left, I suppose that was down to Wright going off as well? Like I said, entirely coincidental even though Matondo looks a class above. Again I wasn't trying to say Wright is anywhere near the level of Kent, just that you're wrong when you say he has no first touch.

As for the last part, just a really weird thing to say. How do you know what he was doing? Our management team have clearly improved other players so they'll have had Wright doing exactly what they thought would do that.
I never mentioned Kent, you did.
I merely pointed out that West Ham caused us to have to play in tight areas to make space on their flanks and that Wright wasn't good enough to do it and because of this Tav was anonymous.
In the first half, we were one-dimensional down the left.
Then it all changed when a Tav suddenly had someone to play with.
I don't dislike Scott Wright but if young Rabbi can play like that in most games, Scott will be sitting on the bench.
That said, Scott is probably only really effective coming off the bench as an impact sub.

But you think he has a fine first touch. o_O

Great to be back tonight. Some terrific performances and much to look forward to with the new guys all doing well. I include Souttar in that.

Back