Rangers vs Aberdeen/Man Utd vs Wolves

Rangerista

We're all disappointed by our performance today. Of course, as we do, a full match analysis was conducted in the local, which was, as expected, a depressing affair.

Where we did find some dark humour was in watching the Man U vs Wolves match, especially in the second half, as the home team started to get frustrated and a little bit desperate. For a couple of minutes we applied a "commentary" from Ibrox to the play at Old Trafford, just substituting names, and it was uncanny how it mirrored what we'd watched at Ibrox earlier.

I know it's trivial, but as well as the ironic comparison as we watched, it brought it home that its not only us who appear to be clueless as to how to beat a team determined on a defence first approach.

I watched both games and it was like torture having to go through another 0-0 in one day. Should have seen it coming, Utd are dreadful, however Fernandes looks like he does have a bit of quality about him, shame about most of the rest.

I watched about 20mins of the Man U game and know exactly what the OP means as I too thought there was so many similarities in what I had watched at Ibrox a short time before.

Still
Don’t understand what the %^*& u mean
I know, you had to be there. But just substitute Man U's players names with ours in their fruitless attacks to break down the Wolves and it might make sense, or maybe not.

Of course, our failings are our own and we need to get them sorted, fast.

I know what the OP means and thought the same myself. It was definitely deja vu.
It’s not the first time Wolves have employed the awful ‘low block’. It will be interesting to see how long folks down south think that Wolves playing that way is acceptable.

Back