Official Rangers will play Manchester United at Murrayfield, Edinburgh on Saturday, 20 July 2024 in a pre-season friendly match.

Man-U got them on presale now, friend of mine in the Queue

Find that terrible really that they just announce it then expect folk to buy a few hours later, even 48 hours is poor:

Pre-sale tickets for Manchester United v Rangers can be purchased by club season-ticket holders, official members and official supporters’ club members from 12:00 GMT today.

General sale tickets can be purchased here from 10:00 GMT on Friday 22 March.

RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce we have been invited to play Manchester United in a pre-season friendly at Scottish Gas Murrayfield this summer.

The 20-time English champions will play host to the Gers in an exciting head-to-head on Saturday, July 20 at 4pm at the home of Scottish Rugby.

Two of the most successful clubs in British football, Gers have squared off against the Red Devils in two separate Champions League group stage campaigns since the turn of the century.

Indeed, the most recent meetings between the two clubs came back in 2010, where Rangers battled to a goalless draw at Old Trafford before losing out narrowly to a late Wayne Rooney spot-kick in the reverse fixture in Glasgow.

As well as former legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson’s association with Rangers, there have also been several player links across the years, most notably Andy Goram and Andrei Kanchelskis, while two members of the current Gers squad, Jack Butland and Tom Lawrence, boast the honour of representing both clubs.

The game promises to be an exciting preparation test for the 2024/25 campaign for Philippe Clement’s side and, due to the planned Copland Stand works at Ibrox this summer, the fixture may be the only opportunity to watch Rangers live in Scotland this pre-season.

An exclusive pre-sale ticket link will be emailed to season ticket holders and MyGers members this afternoon.

CCO Karim Virani commented: “We are delighted to have been invited to play in this terrific fixture in July against a high-level of opposition in Manchester United.

“Our supporters have fond memories of our one previous trip to Murrayfield, and I am sure will enjoy a fantastic day in the Capital in the summer at what is an excellent venue.

“For the club, while most-importantly it will give us an excellent preparation game for Philippe’s men’s first-team squad, it will also give us terrific exposure with the game set to be shown all over the world.

“We are very much looking forward to this game, and will confirm the remainder of our pre-season plans for this summer in due course.”

It probably will be Murrayfield because of the proposed work to Ibrox
Organised by a 3rd party and we’ve been invited to play by the sounds of it.

Your point is also correct though -
“The game promises to be an exciting preparation test for the 2024/25 campaign for Philippe Clement’s side and, due to the planned Copland Stand works at Ibrox this summer, the fixture may be the only opportunity to watch Rangers live in Scotland this pre-season.”

Ticket details aren't great, a pre sale link sent to MyGers members later today? Does that mean it's a free for all for tickets then?

Find that terrible really that they just announce it then expect folk to buy a few hours later, even 48 hours is poor:

Pre-sale tickets for Manchester United v Rangers can be purchased by club season-ticket holders, official members and official supporters’ club members from 12:00 GMT today.

Tickets from £23.40

* Adults from £43.65

Last edited:

He's just got four apparently, reason I mentioned it is he asked me if I would be going, I said of course

Back