Match Thread Rangers Women v Glasgow Women, 4pm ko - on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website

Seen someone on Twitter commenting on the score and thought it was a joke

If your team is getting beaten by that amount you’d wrap it. Opposition must have been a joke.

Last time I seen a score like that was me playing in an under 10’s game when we won 29-0 and that was our managers cutting 10 minutes off the regulated time

I imagine the gulf in quality from a professional outfit like us that invest an awful lot in the women’s team, and a newly promoted part time side, is huge.

Regardless, 14-0 is a tanking. Well done ladies.

Not this pish again. It's been a decent thread but there's always someone who can't help themselves.
We keep getting told women’s football is different and comparisons can’t be made with the men’s game in terms of standard.

However, when it suits the argument, there are people more than happy to say that records in the women’s game are comparable with that of the men’s.
You can’t have it both ways.

Like it or not we all know that a half-decent men’s team from the higher levels of non-league football in England would beat the Lionesses nine times out of ten.
However, we’re not allowed to make that comparison.

Therefore, it is ridiculous to compare a 14-0 win for Rangers ladies against a part-time team in the SWPL with goals scored by the men’s team against fellow professionals in the SPFL.

We keep getting told women’s football is different and comparisons can’t be made with the men’s game in terms of standard.

However, when it suits the argument, there are people more than happy to say that records in the women’s game are comparable with that of the men’s.

Like it or not we all know that a half-decent men’s team from the higher levels of non-league football in England would beat the Lionesses nine times out of ten.

Therefore, it is ridiculous to compare a 14-0 win for Rangers ladies against a part-time team in the SWPL with goals scored by the men’s team against fellow professionals in the SPFL.
Every match thread is polluted by the 'women's fitba's shite' brigade. It is dull and tedious.

If it's not a poster's cup of tea then fine. But let's not constantly rehash the same argument.

Therefore, it is ridiculous to compare a 14-0 win for Rangers ladies against a part-time team in the SWPL with goals scored by the men’s team against fellow professionals in the SPFL
9 times it of 10? You're a bit generous there.

They would get scudded each and every time. An under 16s boys team, there or there abouts, scudded the USA woman's team.

Of course they would based on physicality but I can guarantee the Lionesses are able to do things with a football the non league players could only dream of

In terms of it being a record score line, did the womens team not beat Stenhousemuir last season by a similar score line? Can’t remember exactly what it was that day if it was more or less than 14

Every match thread is polluted by the 'women's fitba's shite' brigade. It is dull and tedious.

If it's not a poster's cup of tea then fine. But let's not constantly rehash the same argument.
I will happily watch women’s football but I will not accept it being compared with Men’s when it comes to statistics.

As we keep getting told, it’s a different game.

It is what it is and needs to be accepted as that but don’t try and make it something it’s not.

You cannot compare the two in any way.

Back