No fear.

Beaten them before and can do it again.

17906s.jpg

308z43r.jpg

2ymycms.jpg

Let's Go.

Rangers 2-1 win.

If on form we could win.

However we aren’t and the team has no confidence and lacks creativity so we will probably lose.

It really does depend entirely on Rangers. If we turn up we are perfectly capable of winning but equally, we are perfectly capable of getting beaten by a couple of goals. A fresh Arfield and Morelos will make a massive difference to us and I see that as just giving us the edge. Rangers to win by the odd goal in 3.

Rapid 1- 0 Rangers. Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us going away in Europe and getting a result against a decent side after what we churned out the last two games.

I think it's safe to say we showed at Ibrox that we're better than them when we play well, but we need to start strong.

Hopeful we can do it but it's certainly no gimme. The good thing is our best attacking players will be fresh.

Last edited:
A lot of the teams heads are down.The manager has singled out the players who came in yesterday and that never goes down well.Candeais won't be there and his work rate and covering have been priceless in our run.Cant see us getting through this.2-0

Really don't mind going out as long as we give it a right good go and we don't have to watch a 3rd consecutive fucking abject 90 minutes.

I think we'll scrape an 8-0 victory.

Would rather lose and concentrate on League ......... Clearly an issue with playing 2 games a week..........Which baffles me professional grown fit men payed to play who struggle to play 2 games a week. Pathetic to say the least. Never got that pish in the 90's

Honestly, think they'll beat us reasonably comfortably. By all accounts they've been playing a lot better recently and we got them at a bad time for them when they were on poor form and had just sacked their manager.

2-0 to Rapid I think. Hoping we turn up and show some of the character we did in the first couple of group games, but it just feels like we're in a sticky patch and getting them at the wrong time.

I think we'll do it. Our best performances this season have been in Europe and the arena seems to suit us for some reason.

Arfield and Morelos back (hopefully both desperate to make up for silly mistakes), the fact that we've beaten them already and they're in no great shape form-wise themselves gives me hope. Plus the great backing from thousands of loyal travelling bears - feels like its set up for a great night.

And for those posters claiming its irrelevant - utter pish. Getting through would be massive both financially and in terms of reputation, may well also give us the confidence and momentum to push on in the league again as well. Every game we rack up in Europe gives our players invaluable experience which should stand us in good stead for seasons to come.

2-1 gers with a late Morelos winner to send us into raptures and go some way to lifting the gloom of the last week.

I think we'll do it. Our best performances this season have been in Europe and the arena seems to suit us for some reason.

Arfield and Morelos back (hopefully both desperate to make up for silly mistakes), the fact that we've beaten them already and they're in no great shape form-wise themselves gives me hope. Plus the great backing from thousands of loyal travelling bears - feels like its set up for a great night.

And for those posters claiming its irrelevant - utter pish. Getting through would be massive both financially and in terms of reputation, may well also give us the confidence and momentum to push on in the league again as well. Every game we rack up in Europe gives our players invaluable experience which should stand us in good stead for seasons to come.

2-1 gers with a late Morelos winner to send us into raptures and go some way to lifting the gloom of the last week.

6rscnm.jpg

Excellent post T B A. :cool:

Not overly confident and if im honest, i really couldn't care about the Europa League after the last couple of games.

If we qualify then great but let's be honest, it's just another 2 midweek games we could be doing without and no doubt more squad rotation.

I think we will beat them. A massive reaction must be due. A good few players know if they don't react on Thursday they are under serious threat. Gaffer won't be happy this week. I expect will be a game where we surprise many and has us all say "why can't we don't that in the fecking league"

I see a draw in Spain therefore I think we will top the group. Unbelievably

This is a brilliant post

I’m still keeping the faith. We’ve scored away and they’re nothing special. It’s got a real cup final feel about it and if these players can’t get themselves up for that, then they don’t belong at a club of this size. For the loan player s it’s a chance to show they belong at their parent club and can handle the pressure of big games. We (the fans) are owed a big performance after the last couple of games. If we don’t go through then so be it, but I want all eleven men on the pitch to come off having given us everything.

Rapid Wien 1-2 The Famous Glasgow Rangers

Don't understand the ones saying they don't really care after the last two games. The last two games should mean this takes extra significance as deep down I think we all know we aren't going to win the league so we may as well give Europe as good a go as we can.

Confidence is shot after the last 2 games but still live in hope of a win :D

Rapid Vienna 1-2 Rangers
Morelos
Halliday

Could be anything really. Depends which Rangers turn up.

I've got a feeling we will win though, will go 1-2.

Don't understand the ones saying they don't really care after the last two games. The last two games should mean this takes extra significance as deep down I think we all know we aren't going to win the league so we may as well give Europe as good a go as we can.
Exactly, plus a win on Thursday would be a massive confidence boost.

Let's face it we will most likely go out in the next round anyway so it's not as if another 2 games are gonna leave us exhausted for the league, which as you say we won't win anyway.

I know we aren't too good just now but a win here would be massive for the fans and team.
I'll say 1-2 Rangers but Rapid are a different challenge in there own stadium, need to blow them away like we did at Ibrox. I just hope that Rapid defender that Morelos injured isn't playing because he'll want revenge.

Despite Rapid's great european home record they've been struggling for goals lately and i don't see them handling the pressure of the big occasion with a full house (they're pretty mince compared to Rangers..)
.0 - 2 for the Gers!

Apparently they are moaning about their pitch being like a amateur pitch and that they can't play on it:

Trainer Didi Kühbauer und viele seiner Spieler hatten sich am Sonntag nach dem 0:0 gegen Sturm Graz über den desolaten Rasen beschwert, wofür Bickel vollstes Verständnis hat. "Der Platz kommt uns überhaupt nicht entgegen, weil wir praktisch immer das Spiel machen müssen, und das ist auf diesem Rasen schwierig", betont der Schweizer.

Despite Rapid's great european home record they've been struggling for goals lately and i don't see them handling the pressure of the big occasion with a full house (they're pretty mince compared to Rangers..)
.0 - 2 for the Gers!

Apparently they are moaning about their pitch being like a amateur pitch and that they can't play on it:

Coach Didi Kühbauer and many of his players complained about the desolate turf against Sturm Graz on Sunday after 0: 0, which Bickel fully understands. "The place does not suit us at all, because we practically always have to play the game, and that's difficult on this pitch," emphasizes the Swiss. [/ QUOTE]

"desolate lawn, difficult pitch" :)

200ehkh.jpg

They don't like it up 'em Rangers.

Cant see this team bringing anything to the table, predict a 1-1 unfortunately, the form goes out the window in Europe but difficult task

God, dunno if I'm getting old an senile but I can think of a time when we had to go to an away game in Europe needing a win to go through and actually achieving it. Plenty of games when we had to see it out ie go there and hold on to the lead we have etc.
PSG, a score draw would have done.

Back