RB Leipzig v Union Berlin Tonight Premier Sports 2 7.45pm

Same conclusion as the Atalanta game for me- they give up a lot of chances in the space behind their wingbacks. Tav and Kent could be key here.
Atalanta scored using a cut in from the left along the edge of the box and right footed shot that was very reminiscent of a RK move.
Spaces behind the Wingbacks are definitely areas to exploit, especially on the counter.

Last edited:
German teams don’t half play a high line, do they? Plenty of space for the likes of Kent to attack. If Roofe can’t play in the first leg due to his vaccine/Covid status, dare I say it, Sakala might thrive and be more suited to the away leg

German teams don’t half play a high line, do they? Plenty of space for the likes of Kent to attack. If Roofe can’t play in the first leg due to his vaccine/Covid status, dare I say it, Sakala might thrive and be more suited to the away leg
Isn't Sakala in the same boat as Roofe?

Would be happy to be wrong, my memory recalls neither of them in Dortmund.

is it not a good thing that they are in more competitions? Means they have more competitions to focus on.

We can't play Sakala in that role ever again.

Out wide - maybe.

I honestly would pick Itten ahead of Sakala in the 9 role.

First time I have watched a whole Leipzig game this season and they reminded me of us in one of our Sunday lunch time moods.

I assume they have a Europa League version, the same way we do. Otherwise the Bundesliga has really taken a turn for the worse recently.

Watching that just reassures me that this tie is wide open.

They play UB this Saturday in the league aswell
The better one is they are away to Monchengladnach on the Monday before they come to Ibrox. Know they might rest players depending on the first leg result, but they are currently 3rd in the league and only 2 points ahead of Leverkusen and 3 ahead of Freiburg in 5th. Important thing is it’s only the top 4 who get CL entry

RB Leipzig are flying high at the moment. Good run in the BL, Cup final and Europa league semi final. We're in for some game.

Wouldn't it be great if we pissed in their cornflakes next week :)

Back