Reaction to getting ticket (Vs Spurs)

we’ve all been through that first experience.

Waking at stupid o’clock on the day, feeling like the time to go will never arrive, the buzz and thrill of putting on colours, the journey to Ibrox, sight of the stadium, the crowds outside, going through a turnstile - and that moment, permanently captured in your memory, when you first emerged and saw the pitch….

49 years after my first game and I still love that moment when I emerge out of the concourse and climb up to my seat

What an absolute champ. Enjoy your day young man !! Hope you have many more days out Ibrox in the future

Not sure if this has been posted in another thread but felt as if it deserved one of its own.

This wee guys reaction to getting a ticket for the Spurs game is unbelievable, sitting watching it welling up :)) think we all take it for granted at times (ST’s, MyGers etc) myself included, just shows you what it should be all about.

Also fair play to the guy on twitter if yer on here made my day!
Great video,think I had a wee bit of dust in my eye there too.:)

Not sure if this has been posted in another thread but felt as if it deserved one of its own.

This wee guys reaction to getting a ticket for the Spurs game is unbelievable, sitting watching it welling up :)) think we all take it for granted at times (ST’s, MyGers etc) myself included, just shows you what it should be all about.

Also fair play to the guy on twitter if yer on here made my day!
Brilliant.

I fell asleep on the couch last night covered by that same throw :))

Taking my 4yo today, he said he's buzzing but I think he will be bored as he's no really interested (failing dad) lol.

He loves the Lundstram and fashion song and Broxi bear, I've used that to bribe him to go. Said we would wait outside after game to meet them and he can sing to big John lol

See how it goes

That's is amazing young Bears like this boy are the future of our great club hope the wee fellow has an amazing day the Day will come when he will do it with his own kids this is why we really are the people we don't choose we are chosen

I really should thank my dad for taking me to Ibrox for the first time. That was awesome. Hope the wee fella enjoys his day.

1970 for this bear v Cowdenbeath sitting on the red crash barrier 3/4 of the way up from the front behind the goal at the Rangers end (Copland road stand for younger bears) with my old man at my back
5 years old at the time - would love to know how many times I’ve seen us home and away over the last 50 years :)

Yeah that’s my kid :D

Was greeting half the morning lol. He’s rangers daft. Was in tears at most of the europa league run as well.

Emotional day tbh first game together and like a passing of the guard. My wee papa took me every game when I was young and we went up until he was too ill to go.

Kept his scarf when he passed and he’s wearing it and it’s his now and we are on our way!
Were you in bf3 wearing a hat? If so message me, I’ve a couple of pics you and your son is in

Got in an hour or so ago.

Overwhelmed he’s had a blinding day and is asking to go back to every game now.

Was singing along to everything. Just so innocent when he Met Jack Simpson who it has to be said was brand new ‘I’ll never forget I met jack Simpson’ :D

Was stopped a couple of times today and people in subway and in and around the ground mentioned his wee video.

Got plenty of pics and videos was choking to get one outside the Louden when he heard the songs so got one In front of it.

Also at the end I showed him where my wee papas season seat was when we both went together and he went over and sat on it. Ended me. A great moment though

As a poster suggested will start a memory box for the kids with rangers as that’s an excellent idea.

Think will just get on a supporters bus permanently from where I stay as will make it more affordable going regularly with him. He asleep on the train home burst now in bed reading the program and watching clips of the game.

What a day and to quote Ric flair

‘I can tell you all with a tear in my eye..this is the greatest moment in my life’

Nothing beats that joy and appreciation I seen today

Last edited:

Was singing along to everything. Just so innocent when he Met Jack Simpson who it has to be said was brand new ‘I’ll never forget I met jack Simpson’ :D

Was stopped a couple of times today and people in subway and in and around the ground mentioned his wee video.

Got plenty of pics and videos was choking to get one outside the Louden when he heard the songs so got one In front of it.

As a poster suggested will start a memory box for the kids with rangers as that’s an excellent idea.

Think will just get on a supporters bus permanently from where I stay as will make it more affordable going regularly with him. He asleep on the train home burst now in bed reading the program and watching clips of the game.

‘I can tell you all with a tear in my eye..this is the greatest moment in my life’

Fantastic.

He's no getting back, he's a bad luck charm!

Nah seriously, brilliant stuff. I got a huff off my 6 year old cos Kent gave the ball away for the first til he went to sleep. He was playing fifa earlier and took Kent out the starting 11!!

He's no getting back, he's a bad luck charm!

Nah seriously, brilliant stuff. I got a huff off my 6 year old cos Kent gave the ball away for the first til he went to sleep. He was playing fifa earlier and took Kent out the starting 11!!
Brilliant

FIFA is the quickest way for parents to get kids fastracked into football and wanting to go

Magic wee videos mate. It’s a terrific moment to see. Had that feeling watching my daughter come up the stairs Of the Copland rear a couple of years ago. She stood open mouthed just saying wow. The full game she then told me what Gerrard should do and who should be subbed. :))

Back