Really enjoyed that game

So many aspects of our play missing due to a variety of factors most out of our control.

Yet, a little bit better game awareness we couldve had an excellent win.

All to play for.

Last edited:
We just had a top European side come to Ibrox and deploy tactics to disrupt the game and slow everything down at every opportunity. 2nd half they were up to every trick in the book to prevent us from playing.

That says a lot about how we are viewed now at this level of the game

Two good sides going at it,Rangers far stronger in the 1st half. PSV were the better team in the second.

Who would have thought the Dutch side would be the stronger on set plays.

Second half reminded me of the Europa Final- which highlights the standard of opposition.

Hope corners don’t kill our season.

Gio is building a really strong team that apart……..enjoyable game
Disagree. Thought it was a poor game with little outright chances. Both teams looked settled with the the draw towards the end.

Thought we were poor except a 15 minute spell to be honest.
If that were remotely near true the game wouldn't have finished 2-2.

That PSV may not be absolute top drawer but I'd wager a fair amount any team that turn up and play poor against them will get pumped.

First half we were the better team, all them in the 2nd. Not a lot of chances created by either side.

Think we had to win tonight. Don't go into next week with much confidence.

We just had a top European side come to Ibrox and deploy tactics to disrupt the game and slow everything down at every opportunity. 2nd half they were up to every trick in the book to prevent us from playing.

That says a lot about how we are viewed now at this level of the game
There was only one "top European side" on the park tonight and it wasn't PSV.

0Rj3F0h.png

Can't honestly say i enjoyed it, we didn't play great and they just seemed to dominate the midfield for too much of the game.
I was more thinking how we have missed an opportunity to take a crucial lead into a massive game next week despite not playing well.
This actually gives me confidence going into the second leg.

We can play a lot better, more consistently anyway, and we’ve nothing to fear for next week.

They’re obviously a good side, but we’ve beaten a lot better.

Give me 90 minutes of two teams actually trying to play football and go for one another, rather than us trying to beat the parked bus.
Yep - respect to PSV
I think we played some outstanding football tonight.
Cant do it for 90 Min against this quality.
really enjoyable game.
We took our chances but those corners….. nightmares

Far too honest a take mate, you haven’t called on any player to have played their last game for Rangers :))

From a slightly neutral point of view the two guys on the Sports Bar on Talksport last night reckoned it was a good game. They thought our first goal was a potential goal of the season.
Myself? Dare I say it we looked tired in the latter stages especially Kent & no that is not a criticism of him. I also don't think the game is over by a long shot. Incidentally the wee midfelder we were after (can't remember his name) hardly wasted a ball all night.

A draw was a fair result. If you defend like the way we do then we'll be punished - yet again balls into our box not being dealt with and landing in the back of our net. Time and time again, just like last season.

Thought the first half was a lot better than the second - didn't enjoy the 2nd half. We had some decent spells in the 2nd but the needless passing about the back and putting us under pressure is brutal to watch. Too slow in our build up, too predictable. The moments we played with a bit of urgency and intensity we pulled them out of position. Their number 31 in the first half didn't want the ball, he was nervous, you could see him signalling to their keeper that he didn't want the ball yet we played down the left more often than not.

Čolak finish and the build up was outstanding.

Fresh legs were clearly needed around 50/55 and I thought GvB got his substitutions wrong. A game of two halves for Barišić who looked shot in the second. Davis clearly running out of steam and Wright yet again a waste of space when he came on.

PSV are a good side not great. Defence for me continues to be a concern and we still lack that bit of quality in midfield - but that's been lacking for 5 transfer windows now.

I was 2 poorly defended set pieces away from a very enjoyable night.

Looking forward to next week though. I still think we'll do it.

Well said OP.

Can understand a bit of frustration that we got ourselves the lead and couldn't hold it, but some of the tantrums and petulance going on around me at the end of the game was fucking ridiculous.

Thought it was a good contest between 2 well matched teams and will be the same again next week. And we can win.

Hard to be too despondent about the game. Was entertaining to watch. It does beg questions though.

What can we do to better accommodate their press?

at 2-1 why didn’t we change to consolidate play?

It was obvious a few players were shattered, Lawrence and Kent were blowing and I felt we didn’t use the bench particularly well.

90 mins to get to the CL. Hey Ho.

Reactions: TN8
Thought we were poor except a 15 minute spell to be honest.
Felt the same way,played well up to and after the goal and I thought we'd have grabbed the game by the scruff if the neck. Second half we fell out of it a bit. We can play a lot better.

No sure why folk are upset at on opinion on message board, I thought we were poor for large parts of the second half, wasteful in possession and didn't create enough chances.
Not upset mate just shocked at your take on the game.We competed well and at times we were in a battle against a very good side.We lost 2 bad goals from set pieces and we got lucky with our free kick.We were not poor.

Two good sides going at it,Rangers far stronger in the 1st half. PSV were the better team in the second.

Who would have thought the Dutch side would be the stronger on set plays.

Second half reminded me of the Europa Final- which highlights the standard of opposition.

Hope corners don’t kill our season.

Gio is building a really strong team that apart……..enjoyable game
Do you watch Rangers?

Not upset mate just shocked at your take on the game.We competed well and at times we were in a battle against a very good side.We lost 2 bad goals from set pieces and we got lucky with our free kick.We were not poor.
Meant the second half more than anything mate, got called an absolute banger off another poster which was uncalled for so my post wasn't just about your reply.

I do appreciate PSV are a step up in quality from USG so maybe "poor" was a bit OTT.

Thought it was an excellent game of football

I usually judge by how quickly the game seems to pass and it felt like it flew in to me.

Happy to be playing at this level and holding our own. However, if we could just improve many of the basics we fail on then it would make for more exciting times. Recycling the ball is in overkill at the min, plenty times there was decent passes on but continued to go safe. Our first goal proved it, play fast one touch pass and move and we are in. Last night, the movement up front a lot of the time left the defence with no option but to recycle or howf it up in the air.

I enjoyed the game.There is no doubt that there is certainly room for improvement. As for being poor I think that if we had put in a poor performance then this team would have defeated us heavily last night.That didn't happen and we have everything to play for next week.

Last edited:
Yawn. See when folk talk about clueless moaning posters on FF, it’s this sort of pish they are talking about
There’s obviously a type error in your user name, think ‘H’ is missing.
PSV are a good team but let’s leave it at that. To get into the Champions league you must beat these teams and last night we gave away two cheap goals. We did the same last year with Malmo. Now we have given ourselves a harder challenge by having to go away from home and win to gain entry to the riches that awaits the winner.

Back