Recruitment and Signing Players on Loan

Faure there’s not a team

I think we need to have a discussion about our recruitment, and in particular signing players on loan. For me, the only loanees we should be signing are those with an obligation or option to buy (at reasonable price). Whilst Sima has been decent, he’s probably out of our price range, so in that case - is it only kicking the can down the road?

I know we aren’t at the top table and we are further down the food chain, but I’m really struggling to think about a loan (with no options to buy) we’ve signed that was 100% successful.

Our recruitment is a work in progress, and I really hope that going forward we aren’t shopping in a loans market.

I’ve no issue loaning someone like Sima, we couldn’t afford him and he’s better than we have, the issue is loaning “project” players.

We don’t have any money, so the loans will continue.

We can’t afford to replace the players we’re seeing. It might have to be loans.

Our best signing this season has been Sima, a loan.

Our best signing last season was Tillman, another loan.

I'd actually prefer more loans than tying up the likes of Dessers, Lammers and Cifuentes on multi year, multimillion pound contracts.

Mind people said they wouldn't pay the money for Tillman. Bet they feel stupid now.

Need a new squad and have no money. Hopefully the loans coming in are more Sima than Silva

We realistically have to look at all the options and that obviously includes loans.

New guys have come into the recruitment side of things. Let's hope they do better than some of their predecessors.

Back