Refaelov - Antwerp

Was impressed when I watched him last week and he’s got some brilliant touches, would be excellent in a number ten role.

Sadly, he’s 34!

Was quality, and would take in a heartbeat. 34, but looked younger. Jermain is near 40 and looks tip top.

Said to my mate last night that we should be looking at him but that was just before Alex Rae said he came up against him. Didn’t realise he was 34.

He was their best player over the two legs and I did find myself wondering if he’d be a good replacement for Davis, until I found out he’s only two years younger :(

I was very impressed with him. By far their most dangerous player. With the service of Borna and Tav he would get a good few goals. If we can get him for fairly cheap wages it would make sense to me. Looked like he still has plenty to offer at 34

Looked good over the two legs, still a diver though.

Riquelme remains the gold standard in terms of players I’ve seen personally in the flesh at Ibrox (caveat being that’s from circa 01/02 onwards). He was unreal that night.

When people talk about the best individual performances you have seen in European games at Ibrox, his last night was as good as I can remember.

Fantastic ability to find space and great passing range.

For me he outshone some of the other big name players that we have faced over the last 3 years.
I’d look a little closer to home mate. Alfredo Morelos over those two legs are about as complete a performance from a striker than I have seen in a long long time. Completely unplayable!

When people talk about the best individual performances you have seen in European games at Ibrox, his last night was as good as I can remember.

Fantastic ability to find space and great passing range.

For me he outshone some of the other big name players that we have faced over the last 3 years.
Whoa.

Scored a nice goal with a nice flick, had a couple of eye-catching passes, yes, but that was about it. Clearly a talented boy but I think he posted missing for much of the game last night.

Best performance by European opposition player at Ibrox? Behave!

Bit of hyperbole OP :))
There's plenty of we should sign him posts cropping up in other threads now! Giving it the he's younger than Davis patter...I give up, I really do. Trying to bring through young Scottish boys like Wright and develop Hagi, Itten and Aribo and a few flashes from an old boy strolling around in a free role and our whole shape and what we're about being dynamic with pace is out the window. Imagine the shite we'd have signed if it was based on 1 performance against us

If he was even just a couple of years younger I would say we should be in for him. Was very impressed with him over the 2 games.

As soon as I heard he was available on a bosman I was in the sign him mindset - however 34 makes that pointless , looked a class act and someone that would fit our system perfectly

I'll be honest in saying never even looked at anything they were doing other than a red man in a shirt.

Just red blobs running around whilst our players with names had to stop them when we never had the ball.

A very talented player but these are the guys we need to be snapping up and developing early in their careers.

There's plenty of we should sign him posts cropping up in other threads now! Giving it the he's younger than Davis patter...I give up, I really do. Trying to bring through young Scottish boys like Wright and develop Hagi, Itten and Aribo and a few flashes from an old boy strolling around in a free role and our whole shape and what we're about being dynamic with pace is out the window. Imagine the shite we'd have signed if it was based on 1 performance against us

It's genuinely amazing that people watching us regularly don't understand how we play and what's needed for the roles.

Back