Regardless of the outcome of the season Gerrard must stay.

SpainLoyal4567

Sure we're 12 points behind and haven't won any silverware but we're still in 2 competitions, not to mention the result against Braga and the possibility of getting to the last 8 of Europe, we've come so far this past season, we're only a few quality players short from challenging for this league, we can do it!

I fully support the manager. I want him to win a trophy and ease the pressure.

I think we would be foolish to change.

We are much better than we were 2 years ago.

It's not even comparable.

I live overseas and don't have the mhanks in my face everyday - so maybe it is more bearable.

I believe Gerrard will win us trophies.

Once you think about what we have been through before he arrived we'd be absolutely insane to sack him. We'd also lose his entire back room team when he gets another job quick sharp too.

If we can win our domestic games up to the split (entirely possible) including the St J GIH we'll be within 6 points of them, last 16 of the EL, SLC finalists (desperately unlucky not to win) and the SC semi.

People really are mental sometimes!

Hes got the game for Europe, hes still trying to solve the domestic conundrum and i have confidence in him finding a formula.
The only way we will be looking for a new manager in the summer is if Gerard walks.

Gerrard needs a strong march-may in the league imo and if it ends up 20+ points behind and another treble for them then I personally think it should be the end of the gerrard experiment.

I agree we do need to stick with Ge55ard. Madness to rip things up & start again.

However performances in the league need to improve & we can’t keep producing woeful performances. We need to continue to dominate them & hopefully win the Scottish Cup.

If Hertz were to knock us out we are back to square one again in my opinion. The players in particular need to step up for the coach, he signed him, gave them new contracts & has continued to pick them.

I think a lot of our success will depend on what El Buf does between now & the end of the season.

As above, anyone saying he should go is a lunatic. We could lose almost every remaining game this season and he should still say. Start another rebuild this summer and we won’t win a trophy for another two seasons at the very best.
Disagree with that pal, we can’t loose every game...& Gerrard will know that himself. We need a strong finish with better performances. Europe has been first class but it’s s bonus in my opinion.

Need to stick. There might be more setbacks, but there's clearly progress.
The last month (domestically) was a sh*t show, people are more than right to be frustrated and criticise SG and the team.
He'll need to improve himself as a manager and the players and find a way to consistently break down jobber teams playing 10 behind the ball.
But getting rid of him (not that we should) isn't feasible for a variety of reasons.

As above, anyone saying he should go is a lunatic. We could lose almost every remaining game this season and he should still say. Start another rebuild this summer and we won’t win a trophy for another two seasons at the very best.
That’s lunacy.

I'll put my hands up and admit I've chucked the toys out the pram a few times, but agree.. we're going in the right direction on a smaller budget than our main rivals.... Season 3 I think he has to win something

Disagree with that pal, we can’t loose every game...& Gerrard will know that himself. We need a strong finish with better performances. Europe has been first class but it’s s bonus in my opinion.
Yeah, I stopped a bit short of every game. But people need to realise sacking him would make the situation worse for next season. Even if we somehow landed a world class manager it’s highly unlikely he’d get his squad assembled and win the league in his first season.

No doubt we have improved but we still have players who can't handle the pressure. We need to win the cup this season and hopefully can install a winning mentality.

I think once we get that first trophy then we will only get stronger and better. It’s just so frustrating about the league position but hopefully we can go on a run starting tomorrow

I want him to say stay but if we drop further daft points in the league and don’t win the Cup then questions have to be asked.

Not saying he go but we can’t let them win 10 .

SG must stay but he also must learn from his mistakes only using one system no matter where the game is and the opposition makes us to easy to play against . the squad must have the flexibility to surprise the opposition at the start of the game and during as well .
Great making big statements about getting rid of SG and his backroom but give examples of managers who you think will make it better .
What would be a good start is that all the support must get behind the team when they walk out and not stop roaring them on until they go up the tunnel at the end .A sizable majority from what I see at Ibrox should hang there heads in shame at their attitudes at the game ,if we have not scored in the first 20 mins the negativity starts seeping down from the stands . That's when our team needs our support and not the jeers so stop complaining about the managers and players and get behind them ,you never know you might actually enjoy it .

Sure we're 12 points behind and haven't won any silverware but we're still in 2 competitions, not to mention the result against Braga and the possibility of getting to the last 8 of Europe, we've come so far this past season, we're only a few quality players short from challenging for this league, we can do it!

In the words of KC…’We’ve only just begun’ (for old supporters)
Ignore the noise.

Absolute no brainer for me that he should stay, it's day and night compared to where we've came from. We also can't afford to constantly bail out managers who've been unsuccessful. We back the man to the hilt and we've a relatively young squad,their squad is getting older and they were chasing shadows last night. The future's bright and all that.

Personally,i'd have him here for as long a it takes.
Changing managers willy nilly helps nobody especially when we are building our club.
As long as we continue to improve under him he can have as long as he takes, if that takes another 10 years then give him it.

If we go downhill big time (and I don't mean a bad patch like the past few weeks) then we can reconsider his position but until then we need to stick by Gerrard and give him our support. I trust he will steer us right and win us titles again.

Yeah, I stopped a bit short of every game. But people need to realise sacking him would make the situation worse for next season. Even if we somehow landed a world class manager it’s highly unlikely he’d get his squad assembled and win the league in his first season.
Yeah I agree we stick with Gerrard but we need a strong finish & Gerrard knows that as well as anyone. The performances from the turn of the year have been woeful...we won’t be winning any league any year soon if this form continues.

For what it’s worth I think a more experienced manager runs them close last year & has a big chance this season but we work with Ge55ard & back him.

Everyone wants him to be a success. I can't think of any other manager I'd give two seasons without winning the title to.

There's still issues surrounding his use of the 4-3-3 but hopefully some of that fixes itself if Ryan Kent can find some form off that midweek.

It'll also be interesting to see who we're playing up top next season because I think Morelos will leave. Exciting times.

Changing managers willy nilly helps nobody especially when we are building our club.
Totally agree - he’s our best managerial appointment since Walter - different era but what if Utd got rid of fergie after a couple of seasons......lessons to be learned

Catching a team that's used to winning everything is never going to be easy and let's be honest we arent the most patient fans but take a step back and the progress is there for everyone to see

Agreed, we have made progress under Gerrard & we will continue to progress. No way we should be thinking about moving him on at the end of the season.

Agreed. Trophy or not a complete overhaul next year would be a nightmare. We can't afford to let anyone take time to bed in

It was never in question for me. Before Gerrard, we had a Portugese charlatan arguing with fans from a hedge in Luxembourg after getting knocked out in July at the first hurdle.

The progress we have made is massive we don't have the trophies yet, but they will come.

We ate in the last 16 of a European competition ffs, that's a massive achievement.

We need to sign at least two proven winners for the backbone of the team. A couple of other quality players to improve the squad which needs strengthened and we're good to go. Alfie leaving may fund this.

No use throwing the good work down the drain.

Yep, when he came in we still had Miller, Windass, Rossiter, Dodoo, the Mexicans, Holt etc. He's now had time to build his own squad and got rid of most of the crap. Would be mental to sack him then bring someone else in that starts that whole process over again. Imagine they sacked Klopp mid way through building his team.

2nd season we made it further in league cup, further in europa, beat them at their shithole. Hopefully the league points tally and Scottish Cup matches the pattern. Its steady and constant improvement. It'll come.

On the park we have improved, but equally important, the 2 european runs have brought much needed income into the club, would i be be right in guessing between £20 and £30 million?

No offence OP, you shouldn't even have to start a thread like this, but after some of the ridiculous posts we've had to endure, your right to bring it up.

This club was nearly gone, so my patience has a good bit in the tank to go. To suggest we get rid if him is gibberish.

We’ve improved massively in the Europa League and with a bit of luck, who knows where this adventure will end. Worst case we have about £7m+ in the coffers more than last season from this European adventure.

We should have won the League Cup Final but it’s hard to pin that on Gerrard, he got his tactics and selection spot on that day.

We’ve improved points-wise in the league, and if we win our game in hand and beat Celtic in the remaining Old Firms, the gap between the teams is potentially just 3 points. It’s a big ‘if’ right now but I’m not throwing the towel in just yet.

I expect us to get to the Scottish Cup final too, at least, based on how the season has gone so far.

Objectively I have to say we’ve done well again this season, and are putting ourselves in a good position to become the top team in the country from next season onwards.

I am fully behind our manager. The improvement is not up for debate.

It’s just frustrating as hell seeing how bad the tims cope with any kind of pressure. At the end of 2019, they were potentially there for the taking.

Saying that, I will be happy with the Europa and the Scottish cup.

Back