Regretting not being there

I feel like an absolute dick. We're just about to win a fucking European trophy and I'm worrying about holidays from work. Fucking idiot. If I said we're going my dad would have been right up for it.

Like some posters, my Passport has expired, so I'm resigned to missing out.
My 2 lads are there, and whilst I am there in spirit, but not in body, I do sincerely wish that our boys win this time, and deliver the trophy for our 150.
Just do it Rangers!!
WATP

Sat at home gutted I can't be there, not mentioned on here but my Dad passed away on March the 28th very suddenly at 63 years old, because of the aftermath of that I couldn't attend. I'll be with family tonight but knowing if all was normal with life and my Dad was still here I'd have been in Seville with him and my brother makes today very bitter sweet for me.

I thankfully attending Manchester with my Dad, so at least I have that memory, we were fortunate enough to get tickets through a very good friend, its a memory I will cherish.

Yeah regretting it now myself my brother in law is there he said I could have stayed with them in their hostel but by time I went to book flights to Faro they were all sold out. They managed to get tickets yesterday as well so that rubbed it in a bit more for me and just about everyone on my social media flying out.

I was put off with how to get back from Seville to Faro or even Malaga but with a family holiday coming up I couldn't justify it anyway.

Would loved to have gone but my boys are too young. Will probably be the only time I get to watch a final with my old man as he didn't go to Manchester and wouldn't have been fit enough for Seville.

I so wish I was there but no holidays left due to taking extended paternity leave, and wife on maternity pay so we have no money for it either maybe would have been different if I had a ticket but that's life. The pub will do

I’m majorly regretting it, especially as I was organised with flights booked, but stuff out with my control conspired

Similar mate.
I should have dared to dream earlier and booked direct travel. My travel and ticket have cost me a fortune. I'm effectively burning £20 notes every 10 mimutes but giving me and my 13 year old priceless memories. He was born in November 2008. His mother told me to go to Manchester and pay whatever was required for a ticket back then as "i wouldn't be able to go to as many games after my son was born"

Shes now my ex-wife...
Wish, I had booked a weeks holiday before the Semi. Would probably have been cheaper and wife would have been happier. 8mth old baby stopped us but she could have handled it. But at least I got there

It’s going to be one of the biggest regrets of my life, can’t believe I never made the trip.

What on earth was I thinking.

I regret not being there also. Worst time financially with only one income coming in with partner on maternity, that means new baby here, wedding next year and just spend a bit on getting Cat C licence.

I could have made it work but unlike Manchester 14 years ago where I had went to Barcelona and Athens that year and had my season ticket going hone and away, I thought I rarely get to games now so would be unfair trying to get a ticket. I still wish I went to just soak up the atmosphere, best part of Euro away days is the build up the night before and day of the game.

Regretting it big time. Had everything booked and planned in the immediate aftermath of the Semi second leg.

Arrived home this morning from work in the US two hours too late for my flight to Malaga due to flight delays.

Needed everything to fall into place perfectly and it didn't happen. Absolutely rock bottom on the flight last night, I'll console myself with the Bears bringing home the trophy!

Like some posters, my Passport has expired, so I'm resigned to missing out.
My 2 lads are there, and whilst I am there in spirit, but not in body, I do sincerely wish that our boys win this time, and deliver the trophy for our 150.
Just do it Rangers!!
WATP
Yeah I only had 2 months not the 3 had everything booked as well. Oh well a win will cheer me up

I made my peace with it a while ago.

I miss not being there with my mates, some of whom I’ve been watching Rangers for over 30yrs with… but not watching this without my Rangers daft son just wouldn’t be right.

Can't afford it, even if I got a ticket. 2 years of covid restrictions drained all my savings.

So no point in getting upset/annoyed.

I got to go to Manchester and had a ticket that day.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit - Tried to convince myself there and failed.

I'm fecking jealous and would have loved to have been there. Wish I had just gone, even without a ticket!

Last edited:
So fucking much this

I looked after everyone of the last 3 rounds at flights and hotels, they were dirt cheap and I didnt do it...

wanker...

Sat at home gutted I can't be there, not mentioned on here but my Dad passed away on March the 28th very suddenly at 63 years old, because of the aftermath of that I couldn't attend. I'll be with family tonight but knowing if all was normal with life and my Dad was still here I'd have been in Seville with him and my brother makes today very bitter sweet for me.

I thankfully attending Manchester with my Dad, so at least I have that memory, we were fortunate enough to get tickets through a very good friend, its a memory I will cherish.
Sorry to hear that mate. I was at the game in Manchester too, my dad is Rangers for me.

I’m exactly the same. Could have afforded it, could have got time off work to go for the week but felt guilty about leaving the mrs with our young kids and really wanted to watch it with my old man as he taught me the ways of rangers and I owe it all to him. Still absolutely devastated I’m not there but if I’m hugging my old man with tears running down my face tonight it’ll be worth it and will be right up there with the greatest moments I’ll ever live. That’s how much this means to us. Fucking love you Glasgow Rangers.

I made my peace with it a while ago.

I miss not being there with my mates, some of whom I’ve been watching Rangers for over 30yrs with… but not watching this without my Rangers daft son just wouldn’t be right.
Im in the same boat mate im offshore in middle of my trip,i wouldve called sick and took 2 weeks off but 1 week before the Lepzig first game my son got his date for RAF basic training starting 17th May yesterday .Hes not missed a game all season,so that made my mind up if we get there we wont be going we got the semi together at Ibrox thatl do.
He went in yesterday just hope he can see sime of game tonight.:(

Im in the same boat mate im offshore in middle of my trip,i wouldve called sick and took 2 weeks off but 1 week before the Lepzig first game my son got his date for RAF basic training starting 17th May yesterday .Hes not missed a game all season,so that made my mind up if we get there we wont be going we got the semi together at Ibrox thatl do.
He went in yesterday just hope he can see sime of game tonight.:(
I went to the semi leg in Germany because I had it in my head that the final was doubtful… thoroughly enjoyed it.

Don't have the time personally. After having an 80% drop of clients during covid I'm working flat out at the moment so couldn't give the time up unless I could justify it with a ticket. On the plus side I'm so rammed the game is an after thought until I finish work so enjoy the butterflys today lads :))

Same boat actually depressed not being there.consulation the four of us that go to games no - one got a ticket so pub bound.

Gutted I'm not there..but in a shit money job and any spare cash gets spent on my daughter with wee days out somewhere.
Please please please win rangers.

I resigned myself to the fact I wasn’t going,due to family commitments in Scotland.
I’m in Loyalist Larkhall and looking forward to tonight at the golf club.

Gutted, more so with every news report from Seville, was unsuccessful in the UEFA ballot, seen the email that more tickets were released 15 minutes too late, even then I got a Cat 1 restricted view in my offers when constantly refreshing, 120 Euros , by the time I tried to pay for it it had gone. Going to Grosvenor Cafe tonight with my mate but it won’t be the same as being there.
whatever happens tonight I will be immensely proud of this team, this run has been a crazy rollercoaster ride, we really shouldn’t be there tonight but sheer team spirit has pulled us through, our support is immense, I will never forget this mad campaign

My son got me a ticket and he is travelling half way around the world to the game. I spent ages on the internet and got all the trip arranged albeit round the houses. Trouble was I was on my own other than meeting my son in Seville, as the trip was to Faro. I tried hard to get transport from Faro to the game and back to Faro without any success. I envisaged myself stuck in Seville overnight walking the streets and it freaked me out, so I pulled out and got what little I could of my money refunded for the 3 flights, 2 trains and the one hotel I had booked. I like to know where I am going and don't like just turning up at places in the hope that it all works out. Yes I know I am a big woose!

Seeing my son and all the fans in Seville today, I really do regret what would have been a lifetime memory for me, being next to my son watching Rangers winning the Europa league. I really regret not just going and winging it. I am sure something would have turned up that would have got me back to Faro after the game.

Instead, it's into the city centre in about two hours with a mate to find a pub for the game.

I'm totally at peace with it. Aye the videos look amazing but I'm looking forward to watching it with my dad, best mate and brother in law, in the local where I've seen so many great wins over the years. Buzzing actually

6 month old at home so priorities took over for me. I was in Manchester and had a ticket for the game so thats whats consoled me this time round. I'll watch it in the house with my mate, my dad and my missus and make the absolute most of what will be an amazing night.

Couldn’t go because of a very pleasant family commitment. Still incredibly jealous of those who could make it, though.

I’ll console myself with swooping in for flights and accommodation to Helsinki for the Super Cup Final, as the full time whistle approaches and while 150,000 bears in Seville will be otherwise occupied :))
Gutted I'm not there too, been over the reason a few times on here but that's my plan for tonight too, got the flights and hotel ready to go!

I’m regretting not renewing our passports earlier this year when I first thought about it. We’ve no summer holiday abroad planned this summer so I hadn’t gotten round to it.

Should be out there with my 8 year old boy. Who knows when we’ll get the chance again.

Couldn’t go because of a very pleasant family commitment. Still incredibly jealous of those who could make it, though.

I’ll console myself with swooping in for flights and accommodation to Helsinki for the Super Cup Final, as the full time whistle approaches and while 150,000 bears in Seville will be otherwise occupied :))
I’ll be online at 10 tonight hoping to do the same

I said from the onset, no ticket no go.

On Friday I got two tickets in my basket through UEFA, quickly sent a text and when I went back in they were gone. Amateur from myself. It is what it is, I hope our support has the time of their lives and our team does us proud and brings it home, I'll be happy with that.

Said from the off i wasnt going my mate said since we got out group we would win it so promised him my ticket if we got there as am high on my gers points knew id get a ticket my gf is pregnant and would rather keep money for new arrival.last few days i have had majors regrets:(

Money and Work. Didn’t think I would be too bothered after seeing all the crazy flights and routes people were having to take, now I am gutted after seeing all the vids!

I have the money. My excuse is that I want to keep my holidays for visiting my parents in Lanzarote. %^*& that. What the %^*& have I done? My da would have got cheap flights to Seville as he's a Spanish resident. I've fucked this
I'm not regretting I'm just jealous I just couldn't afford it, I'm one of these OAP's that's not loaded

Shocked to hear of your dads passing. He was a cracking guy.

Whatever anyone’s individual regrets I’d say embrace the occasion as European finals don’t come along that often.

But for an expired passport I’d have gone but not going to compound the disappointment but not enjoying the build up, tension, excitement and celebration if we win

Because of the last couple of years and not travelling anywhere it somehow passed me by that my passport was out of date and by the time I realised it was all too much to try and sort out.

Having to endure a new message popping up every 20 minutes in the WhatsApp chat from my pals that over there is the literal definition of mental torture.

Still dont know where I'm watching it, lol

Whether you're in the house, pub, someone's garden just enjoy the game. Absolutely no regrets from me in no going

My worry is how emotional I am already.

We are the people

I’m annoyed now, I have the money and time but thought I was too old.
Now I m so jealous and pissed off I didn’t get off my arse and just go,

I am currently in turkey on a family holiday . It has been rescheduled twice because of covid . I came home for leipzig game and tried to get the Mrs to go with her mum so I could go to seville , she would have reluctantly let me but my 2 sons would have been let down if I had done it. The further we were progressing I knew if we got to the final I'd be gutted not going . Yep and I am . Me , the wife and kids will all be going 2 a bar with our bears tops on to watch it though .

I feel like an absolute dick. We're just about to win a fucking European trophy and I'm worrying about holidays from work. Fucking idiot. If I said we're going my dad would have been right up for it.
I know where you are coming from squire.

Had the same thoughts in the middle of the night last night, thinking will I end up lying in my coffin looking back saying to myself I’m mighty glad I didn’t go to Seville and saved that money and holidays…….the answer was no, no, no but I have other reasons as well which in the cold light of day I don’t feel as bad. For me if I can’t be in the stadium I don’t worry about being there so im happy enough when it comes to it.

The jealousy is pishing out me. My brothers are away but and I don't like the thought of my old man watching on his own so least I get to watch with him

Didn't think I'd be too fussed/upset about not being there, however, watching the numerous clips today I'm bitterly regretting the fact I'll be watching it on my tod in Dunfermline !

Pretty much how I'm feeling waiting for kick off now...

Last edited:
Back