Remembering David Hagen

Real shame. MND really is an awful disease, and for some reason footballers are twice as likely to get it as the average man in the street.

Nice tribute Elfideldo, remember watching a young David Hagen playing for Rangers.
Such a shame to lose someone so young to a horrible illness. RIP David

When David played I used to go to the game with my next door neighbour who always told me to "watch out for this boy", Jim was convinced he'd be a first team regular and I bought in to it, we just took to him.
Never really happened with us the way we hoped but he wore the shirt.
Peace perfect peace.

Went to school with him.
Saw his goal against Hibs at Ibrox.
Lived the dream.
Rip

Went to school with him.
Saw his goal against Hibs at Ibrox.
Lived the dream.
Rip
Ages with my brother, in year below me in school and lived a short walk from us. Played with and against him numerous times, we didn't really get on at that time as we were really competitive on the pitch and we would've kicked our granny's out the way to score a goal. Was always a grudging respect there though. Soon as he turned professional we got on much better and I have really fond memories of him from then on. Was in his company numerous times in his latter years, kind, gentle and generous to a fault. Top lad. Had a cracking night out with him and big dunc back in the day too. The good die young, rest in peace Davy. You will be missed.

Remember David scoring at Sunderland in a testimonial game seems like yesterday nearly 30 years ago rest in peace davie

Always remember his interview clip in the end of season video from 1993. "How did you see your goal v Hibs David?" to which he responded "I hit it and it went in". It was a cracker of a goal as I remember, and he was just so unassuming about it. RIP sir.

Sad news about the passing of former Rangers player David Hagen. Posted a wee tribute on the blog.

lovely tribute, thanks for posting

Back