Bear in Mind Repost - Can you name the 3 Bears from snippets from their Wikipedia? (Tuesday 17th May 2/3)

MrBearightside

1) "Having fallen out of favour at Ibrox with the emerging Barry Ferguson being preferred in midfield, he was loaned to Leicester City towards the end of the 1998–99 season (having played enough matches for Rangers to receive a fourth league winner's medal) before joining Watford for £450,000 in October 1999."

Answer -

2) "He started his career at Arsenal, although his first-team appearances were confined to testimonial and friendly matches. He returned to Scotland to sign for Dundee at the start of the 1976–77 season, where he played for two sseasons.He then signed for Partick Thistle for £18,000 at the start of the 1978–79 season. Whilst at Firhill, he earned a Scottish League XI cap versus Northern Ireland in 1980 under Jock Stein. Soon after this, he was diagnosed with tuberculosis and needed a kidney removed; he recovered to full fitness and returned to the Thistle team in January 1981 for a 1980–81 Scottish Cup match versus Clyde.

He signed for Rangers for £30,000 in May 1982."

Answer -

3) "After a loan spell in England with Bolton Wanderers he moved to Rangers[6] for a £300,000 fee,[2]where he was initially backup to Andy Goram but played regularly when Goram was recovering from injury,[7] picking up a Scottish League Cup winners' medal in 1993[8][9] followed by a Scottish Cup runners-up medal, as Dundee United gained revenge for his heroics three years previously in the 1994 Scottish Cup Final."

Answer -

Today is probably the toughest one I have done.

In full honesty I would probably have gotten 0 out of 3 (possibly the last one.... but probably not)

As always let me know your thoughts if this was too easy or too tough

2/3

Got 1 and 3 easily enough.

had no clue with 2.
Same, i actually didnt know Miller played for leicester or watford but the year and mention of ferguson taking his place led me to thinking it was Miller. 3 was easy but would never have got the 2nd one.

Same, i actually didnt know Miller played for leicester or watford but the year and mention of ferguson taking his place led me to thinking it was Miller. 3 was easy but would never have got the 2nd one.

I'll be surprised if anyone gets the 2nd one.

He played over 100 times though... and I feel there are enough clues in the snippets to guess him.... but I certainly wouldn't have gotten him

Got 1/3. Got number 3.

Number 1 is a cracker. Didn't get it but it's a really good one.

Number 2 was just too early for me, but learned something about him.

Only 1 for me, sigh.

Went Colin 'Big Beastie' MacAdam.

No idea re Charlie M. (hangs head in shame)

Thanx again.

WATP

1/3.

Guessed Derek McInnes for the 1st and hadn't a clue on the 2nd.

2/3 I have no memory of Charlie Miller going on loan to The Foxes.

Today is probably the toughest one I have done.

In full honesty I would probably have gotten 0 out of 3 (possibly the last one.... but probably not)

As always let me know your thoughts if this was too easy or too tough
Got 1 & 3. Would never have got number 2!

1) "Having fallen out of favour at Ibrox with the emerging Barry Ferguson being preferred in midfield, he was loaned to Leicester City towards the end of the 1998–99 season (having played enough matches for Rangers to receive a fourth league winner's medal) before joining Watford for £450,000 in October 1999."

Answer -

2) "He started his career at Arsenal, although his first-team appearances were confined to testimonial and friendly matches. He returned to Scotland to sign for Dundee at the start of the 1976–77 season, where he played for two sseasons.He then signed for Partick Thistle for £18,000 at the start of the 1978–79 season. Whilst at Firhill, he earned a Scottish League XI cap versus Northern Ireland in 1980 under Jock Stein. Soon after this, he was diagnosed with tuberculosis and needed a kidney removed; he recovered to full fitness and returned to the Thistle team in January 1981 for a 1980–81 Scottish Cup match versus Clyde.

He signed for Rangers for £30,000 in May 1982."

Answer -

3) "After a loan spell in England with Bolton Wanderers he moved to Rangers[6] for a £300,000 fee,[2]where he was initially backup to Andy Goram but played regularly when Goram was recovering from injury,[7] picking up a Scottish League Cup winners' medal in 1993[8][9] followed by a Scottish Cup runners-up medal, as Dundee United gained revenge for his heroics three years previously in the 1994 Scottish Cup Final."

Answer -
Got all three but that last one was uncalled for.
Like remembering who stole your sweeties at school.

Back