Response from BBC complaints

MarkD87

About a month ago I filed a complaint to the bbc for their unfair reporting and lack of reporting on Rangers.

I have now received the below response. I was hoping for more, without expecting. At least they are aware of the disgruntled customers and hopefully we see a shift towards fair reporting. They seem to stand by their reporting but I feel if enough of us complain a change is likely. The more of us who do this the more the bbc will sit up and listen. Even if it's just to reduce the workload in the complaints department. The company I work for keep stats of how many complaints on specific topics and it goes straight to the CEO. They also say it goes to the senior management board. Worth a go I think.

BBC response:
Thank you for getting in touch about Kheredine Idessane's reporting on Alfredo Morelos. I am sorry it has taken this length of time to reply.

Kheredine acknowledged his mistake and shared this on Twitter:

“An apology to @RangersFC : despite what I was told from China, there was indeed a multi-million euro bid, indeed bids, from Beijing Renhe for striker Alfredo Morelos, with varying options for how it would have been structured. This retracts, and corrects my previous tweet.”

That said, we’ve shared your feedback with the Sport team.

We have noted your comments about our coverage of Rangers FC. We stand by the integrity and the quality of our journalism.

We are disappointed that Rangers continue to ban one of our reporters from Ibrox. We continue to discuss a resolution of this matter with the club but until it is resolved we will not be sending journalists to Ibrox or attending Rangers’ press conferences. We will continue to report on Rangers both on and off the pitch and will feature match action where appropriate.

Your comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document is made available to all our production teams and senior BBC management.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

How fucking petty, you banned one of us (rightly so its not like we did it for nothing) so wer'e no reporting on you properly. This is a decision made by bitter tims its so obvious but bitter tims that we all pay their salaries. Wheres the integrity in not reporting on Scotlands biggest club with hundreds of thousands of willing listeners/readers in Scotland to side with one single employee who fukked up.

I was disappointed in their response and I plan to respond. Just don't want to rush to a response, especially considering they took several weeks for their response

The lie starts with he is banned.itbwas the bbc who decided not to sent reporters to Ibrox.but they managed to send a reporter to the dundee united games.

How fucking petty, you banned one of us (rightly so its not like we did it for nothing) so wer'e no reporting on you properly. This is a decision made by bitter tims its so obvious but bitter tims that we all pay their salaries. Wheres the integrity in not reporting on Scotlands biggest club with hundreds of thousands of willing listeners/readers in Scotland to side with one single employee who fukked up.
This is exactly one of the points I've raised. The fact that a percentage of population is losing out on fair reporting even though they pay for the privileges. I also questioned the fact we cover salaries for the likes of KI who can't do their job properly and confirm what "sources"have told them before reporting false facts, then having to apologise.

Heep up the good work....I would keep it simple; how can we be confident in the "quality of your integrity and journalism" when you cannot accurately describe the fact that your journalist is not banned from Ibrox, rather he has had press privileges removed.

Probably best not so say, this limitation should not discomfort Mr. McLaughlin much because he only pops out of St.Brenda's arse long enough to read or write about him anyway

You may wish to consider asking them how many apologies and retractions BBC Scotland issue in general. Say something like how many in the past year? A large number answer would contradict the we stand by the quality statement. A small number would mean that Rangers related ones are a much higher proportion than would be expected and so would contradict the integrity statement. Effectively they are either very poor journalists or biased ones.

Further I would ask them to defend their use of the word banned. My understanding is that one individual employed by the BBC has had his press privileges withdrawn. He is quite entitled to report from Ibrox using his own equipment and by buying his own ticket to get in.

I would also argue that Rangers do not have any obligation to provide the tools for an employee of the BBC to do their BBC job at all never mind when that individual has a clear agenda against the club in a lot of what he chooses to report.

Heep up the good work....I would keep it simple; how can we be confident in the "quality of your integrity and journalism" when you cannot accurately describe the fact that your journalist is not banned from Ibrox, rather he has had press privileges removed.

Probably best not so say, this limitation should not discomfort Mr. McLaughlin much because he only pops out of St.Brenda's arse long enough to read or write about him anyway

I tried similar last time to get that reply. With my response I'll look for direct answers to questions (such as the one you highlight). Probably start by asking if they can accept that that is in fact a lie and they have given me false information (yet again).

You may wish to consider asking them how many apologies and retractions BBC Scotland issue in general. Say something like how many in the past year? A large number answer would contradict the we stand by the quality statement. A small number would mean that Rangers related ones are a much higher proportion than would be expected and so would contradict the integrity statement. Effectively they are either very poor journalists or biased ones.

Further I would ask them to defend their use of the word banned. My understanding is that one individual employed by the BBC has had his press privileges withdrawn. He is quite entitled to report from Ibrox using his own equipment and by buying his own ticket to get in.

I would also argue that Rangers do not have any obligation to provide the tools for an employee of the BBC to do their BBC job at all never mind when that individual has a clear agenda against the club in a lot of what he chooses to report.
Some good points here. Noted.

Funnily enough I got the exact same reply this morning too

I will respond also as I've asked for a discount in my licence fee due to me not receiving the same level of service due to the football team I support

There was a thread a few weeks back that highlighted many examples of their bias so their claim of standing by their integrity and unbiased reporting is about to be exposed

I've refused to pay my licence as they refuse to cover Rangers , I've got a self imposed ban on anything to do with the BBC until they cover our games again

I'm being discriminated against and not receiving the same level of service as other licence fee payers all because of the football team I support

I've repeatedly asked for a discount due to the watered down service I'm getting and I'll then pay my reduced licence fee

Don't let them away with it Bears no other club would be treated this way

If anyone has any useful info that they feel would be beneficial to my reply to them then please post ,any examples of their bias would be appreciated

About a month ago I filed a complaint to the bbc for their unfair reporting and lack of reporting on Rangers.

I have now received the below response. I was hoping for more, without expecting. At least they are aware of the disgruntled customers and hopefully we see a shift towards fair reporting. They seem to stand by their reporting but I feel if enough of us complain a change is likely. The more of us who do this the more the bbc will sit up and listen. Even if it's just to reduce the workload in the complaints department. The company I work for keep stats of how many complaints on specific topics and it goes straight to the CEO. They also say it goes to the senior management board. Worth a go I think.

BBC response:
Thank you for getting in touch about Kheredine Idessane's reporting on Alfredo Morelos. I am sorry it has taken this length of time to reply.

“An apology to @RangersFC : despite what I was told from China, there was indeed a multi-million euro bid, indeed bids, from Beijing Renhe for striker Alfredo Morelos, with varying options for how it would have been structured. This retracts, and corrects my previous tweet.”

We have noted your comments about our coverage of Rangers FC. We stand by the integrity and the quality of our journalism.

We are disappointed that Rangers continue to ban one of our reporters from Ibrox. We continue to discuss a resolution of this matter with the club but until it is resolved we will not be sending journalists to Ibrox or attending Rangers’ press conferences. We will continue to report on Rangers both on and off the pitch and will feature match action where appropriate.

Your comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document is made available to all our production teams and senior BBC management.

Kind regards
He is not ''banned''

The only options to get this sorted is for Rangers to go cap in hand to the mentally challenged scum or a complete clear out of BBC employees.

I'd love a solution of not having to pay license fee by law, and for it to be a subscription based service, like sky. Then they will report fairer to gain a larger audience.

One can only dream

We are all aware that BBC Scotland is predominantly an employment centre for Rangers FC, British union and, in my opinion, Scottish Protestant hater's.
I have also complained in the past regarding their reporting of anti British related issues and was fobbed off with, we ( the BBC Scotland ) decide what we want to make news worthy.
They are a disgrace to professional news broadcasters worldwide. Many of their employees bitter upbringing has and is manifested itself into a complete lack of journalistic professionalism and self integrity.

This is all really good stuff.

The important thing with these complaints is to ask as many questions and demand answers to issues upon which you feel you are standing on firm ground. Also, broad generalities will just be brushed aside (like stating that "you are biased", without giving very specific instances of evidence of this bias).

If pointing out inaccuracies, such as Skeletor not being banned, but having had his press privileges revoked and him being free to enter Ibrox at his own expense any time, make sure you know what you're talking about. That one is clear enough, but I don't know enough about the position in Dundee where another journalist had privileges revoked and BBC continued to report from their ground and press conferences. IF I don't know the detail, I'm not putting it in the complaint.

On that last point, does anyone know the actual verified facts of the previous problems the BBC had in Dundee and the detail of their coverage thereafter?

Anyway, great work guys and thank you, on all our behalf, for your efforts.

On quite a few complaints I have been told that all stories are checked carefully, verified from a second source when possible and scrutinised by editorial staff as to accuracy.
They never, ever explain how some of the tripe they broadcast ever reaches the air.
I believe there is no scrutiny and their arrogance has reached such levels they don't think they need any.
I have an open complaint still going as to who penned the Reporting Scotland story that we had been fined £230,000 for fielding unregistered players. Going on for years. This was completely made up, a fact to this day they refuse to acknowledge.
Keep your questions short, polite but pointed and don't give up.

Well done.

Last edited:
Don't forget that part of their defense presented to broadcasting house is the complaints (fake and unfounded) they receive from mentally challengeds.... This is how they reflect scrutiny from above.

By showing that we are all mad up here.

Hotbed of Opus Drive = BBC Pacific quay CFC.

Sorry as I had a tennis match, back and forth, with the BBC over nearly eighteen months, your onto plums, the Complaints are taken in at London but go flying back to CSC Pacific Quay to answer. It was funny at the end no name, possibly because mine came from something like, Mary Theresa O’Flynn O’Shaungesa O’Brien, her nickname No 57, I think that tells you what respect they pay to Bears Complaints?

The BBC/Rangers “boycott” has been rumbling on for some time now. Occasionally you’ll see a comment on social media or catch something in the BBC's reporting that reminds that you all is not normal. And has not been for some time. Time is certainly ticking on with this, a quick search threw up reports with dates of August 2015 for the opening salvos, and January 2016 as the beginning of the long running boycott. That’s more than two whole years where the national broadcaster has voluntarily boycotted one of the biggest sporting institutions in the UK.

To summarise, the situation arose when Rangers withdrew press privileges for their senior football reporter Chris McLaughlin. The reason given was that the reporter was involved in “misleading and unbalanced reports”. The BBC management took exception to this and then engaged in a boycott of their own, whereby no BBC staff attend Ibrox or Auchenhowie. It’s not clear at what level this decision was made.

In my experience the club's stance or at least intent has the backing of the majority of the fans. The BBC (by which I mean certain members of the BBC Scotland staff) had been pushing the envelope where Rangers were concerned and at the tip of that iceberg were several incidents that actually resulted in withdrawals and formal apologies. For a company with the perceived historical standards and code of ethics of the BBC, not to mention a company distinct in its freedom from financial pressures of the tabloids, it is unbelievable that they’d put out content that gets anywhere near censor. McLaughlin, as the highest profile football reporter and a subtly cunning repeat offender, took the fall for what was perhaps an unavoidable clash.

The BBC's response seems to be one without precedent and I can’t recall any other entity being subject to a self-imposed boycott. Especially a sporting institution which has a valid, if subjective, complaint and one where similar complaints against the BBC had been backed up by regulators. From memory Alex Ferguson had a period of seven years where he never talked to the BBC (for comments contained in a documentary) and certainly the BBC never reciprocated by not attending Old Trafford. The lack of movement or comment on it from both sides is something of a concern and as an onlooker I certainly haven’t seen any mention of it. A recent Club1872 interview with Stewart Robertson in December 2017 stated that “discussions were ongoing towards a solution” and I understand that is also the BBC stance on the situation.

As a Rangers fan I find the fact that this is still ongoing absolutely ridiculous. Not that I object to the stance against the reporter, rather the fact that the status quo doesn’t suit Rangers. Every day that we don’t get fair, normal coverage and exposure is a hindrance to the club.

Simplistically, football clubs are brands in an entertainment industry. Brands tap into pop culture and rely on exposure, repetition and association to grow and to continue to stay relevant. If you take away the oxygen of exposure then you are damaging the brand – even if only relatively by denying it something competing brands are allowed. Likewise, if you subliminally undermine the brand then this filters into the listening population. Taking it further, if you obstruct exposure to the consumer base, especially at formative stages, then you erode the brand's value within that consumer base. It might be tiny percentages or unquantifiable, but it is a factor. If you then compound any effect with time then you have something more tangible - this is unacceptable.

Ironically of course, protecting the brand would be intrinsic in the reasons for McLaughlin’s original ban. I also don’t think you’ll find many Rangers fans who don’t believe that there’s a number of influential journalists and reporters at the BBC who don’t like Rangers. And anyone who listens will know they are none too subtle at hiding it. Call me a cynic but I would guess they would have welcomed the boycott and are pleased with the status quo.

I don’t doubt the Rangers board are busy men. I don’t doubt they have a mile-long list of issues that need their attention. Unfortunately this is another one and this one is dragging on and needs brought to a head sooner than later. I don’t know if it’s been elevated beyond the walls of Pacific Quay but I’d certainly like to see a bigger fuss made about it. There are undoubtedly employees at the BBC who have proven they cannot be impartial or professional with Rangers. It’s a solid claim to make and a just call to ask the BBC to up its game and put its house in order instead of handling Rangers to a different set of rules.

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php...-boycott-of-rangers-over-2-years-and-counting

I do hope Mr King's discussions with the BBC were not the beginning of an ignominious retreat on the removal of Gollums press privilege's.

He is a Rangers hater working for an employer whom we fund to be biased against Rangers.

A match made in hell.

I was disappointed in their response and I plan to respond. Just don't want to rush to a response, especially considering they took several weeks for their response

Good thinking, a few points from a pal ITK

1. He was warned and agreed to back off. This was at a meeting with 2 senior BBC staff plus him and RFC had 2 directors and JT in attendance. The BBC issued a statement saying they would be more balanced in future

2. He then rushed onto Radio after our 6-2 victory at Easter Road and said there were 3 arrests for sectarian singing. Out of 4K Gers fans he decided to make 3 arrests the lead story. It was MW's frost game and we 'd just pumped Hibs.

3. Following this RFC removed his press priveleges because he had broken an agreement and displayed, yet again, his Anti-Rangers agenda.

4. The BBC decidee, for the first time, to refuse to send reporters to our matches until we reinstated him. They asked RFC for video footage of our games for their news and apparently we agreed.

5. It's is the bigots in the BBC who are acting gains us and we should NEVER allow that horrible wee guy back into our home.

I tried similar last time to get that reply. With my response I'll look for direct answers to questions (such as the one you highlight). Probably start by asking if they can accept that that is in fact a lie and they have given me false information (yet again).

Well done Mark, keep up the good work.

Could I suggest that it may be an idea to ask them....

Has any other BBC journalist in the UK had his/her Press privileges revoked by a football club, either past or present?
and if so:

a) What action, if any, was taken against the club involved by the BBC?
b) If action was taken, how was the matter resolved?
c) How long did it take to reach such a resolution?

It has been well documented that Dundee FC banned Jim Spence from Dens Park about 5 years ago, so it will be interesting to see if they include that in their response, as well as them effectively giving an admission as to whether we are being treated differently, which we clearly are.

This list is only up until the year 2012.
Extraordiary that we put up with it for so long without speaking out.
Removal of McClaughlins press priceless must remain. The BBC must find a solution how they cover the largest footballing club in the country, it's not incumbent on Rangers to offer a solution.
This situation is patently unacceptable.
The list up until 2012.
. Joke Cartoon of Neil Lennon on hangman appears on Popular Rangers fan site Follow Follow. BBC Report it as a “death threat” on Radio and on the BBC Website. The hosts of Follow Follow (footymad) close down the message board.
• Complete Ignorance of Pearson & Hartson “videogate” scandal.
• Tam Cowan & Stuart Cosgrove continually using the H Word to describe the Rangers support, until it was officially declared sectarian by NbM.
• Upon the signing of Kevin Thomson, the report of the signing on the BBC Website carries a picture, which has been renamed by someone at the BBC to include the word “C*nt”
• Richard Gordon, during his show covering the Transfer Window in 2005, used a racist comment to describe former Rangers player Filip Sebo, joking that he had been “sold to Edinburgh Zoo”
• Weathergirl Kirsty McCabe calls Ibrox “Castle Greyskull.”
• BBC Scotland ignore number of emails concerned at the lack of reporting of sectarian behaviour by the Celtic Support
• BBC Scotland schedule specific programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the Famine Song
• BBC Scotland Sportscene Programme’s ignorance of Rangers tributes to Scottish Soldiers previous to Poppy Day, while ignoring Celtic Supporters minutes applause, and walk out the following week.
• When leading on any “sectarianism” news item, using images of Rangers supporters.
• Photo of Nell McAndrew in Rangers kit entitled “HunC*nt1.”
• Spreading the Lie that Artur Boruc was cautioned for blessing himself, across the BBC Network
• Allowing Cardinal PAP to demonise the Protestant Community by claiming there are those who go out to “Punch a Pape”, and put his own spin on sectarian crime figures, which were wholly inaccurate
• Biased Commentary by David Begg commenting on “Derry’s Walls” being sectarian, but no comment on songs from the Celtic Support.
• The disappointment in Kheredine Idessane’s voice when he announced that Rangers had been found ‘not guilty’ by UEFA.
• The victimisation of Alex Rae following his 50-50 tackle in a Rangers European tie against CSKA Moscow, and submitting footage of the tackle to UEFA.
• The failure to report on sectarianism within the Scottish Labour Party, and various land deals involving 2014, and associates of the Labour Party
• Use of the headline “Rangers in Union Flag row” regarding the Blue Order organised flag display at Ibrox, with a one sided piece on it on Reporting Scotland
• On the last news report before a cup final involving Rangers and Motherwell, leading on a story about Celtic loan player Craig Bellamy possibly staying at the club.
• Using James Grady to comment on an incident against himself by Lorenzo Amuruso in a Scottish Cup Final with no right of reply for Amoruso.
• Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic.
• The Acceptance of Sanjeev Kholi as a football pundit, based upon his only claim to fame in being a “football fan” was to accuse the Rangers support of racism against Mark Walters, when Walters had faced the worst display of Racism ever witnessed in Scottish Football by the Celtic Support at Celtic Park.
• Sending 88 Staff from the BBC to Seville at licence payers expense, with only a handful present in Manchester.
• The despatch of a film crew to Benidorm to report on a Celtic Fans convention that ended in fiasco – and reported it as a success. They have never been present at any Rangers fan convention.
• BBC Scotland Commentary of Celtic in Seville from Rob McLean “only the most blinkered Scots won’t be hoping for a Celtic victory”. This, in a stadium littered with Irish Flags and no Saltires.
• Nov 2006 – Just prior to live coverage of an Old Firm game, broadcasting a programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the football song “You’ll Never Walk Alone”. The last 15 minutes was a tribute to how it is sung at Celtic by two “Celtic fans”, who both happened to be BBC Producers.
• Making the Producers of Blue Peter apologise for using the RHOU in a piece, owing to complaints from a Strathclyde University lecturer who is a member of “Friends of Ireland”
• Ignorance of Neil Lennon’s DOB rant at the Rangers support & Dugout
• The refusal to publish or broadcast any facts on the “bannergate” scandal, where a convicted i*a terrorist painted a banner for the “Jungle Bhoys” supporters group partly funded by Celtic Football Club.
• Following Rangers being the first club in Scotland to qualify for the last 16 of the CL, the following morning’s Scottish BBC news neglected to mention the result at all.
• BBC Reporting of Irish Government intervention from information provided by Phil McGillivan on “the famine song”
• Another misrepresentation was saying the "new" Rangers were "playing their first match at Ibrox". The entry on the SFL website confirms that Rangers are the same club.
• Claiming the murder of celtc supporter Reamonn Gormley was a sectarian attack. Claiming the neds that were arrested at celtc's training ground with weapons were committing a sectarian attack against Neil Lennon (more scum supporters). Many claims we committed a criminal act with the CBTs\second letters\whatever they're called this week - Daly, Douglas Fraser's blog, usual suspects on RS.
• The constant use of Ibrox and the Rangers gates as a backdrop when sectarianism is discussed.
• The editing of Ally's press conference, last season, to make it look as if he disregarded sectarianism.
• Continually quoting from only one faith group when reporting on sectarianism and sectarian crime statistics.
• BBC Scotland not mentioning Celtic getting done by UEFA last year even though the national news did, instead spoke about Pandas at Edinburgh Zoo. Compare this to their reaction when we got done.
• Sometimes it's what isn’t said. Joe O;Rourke wasn’t mentioned. IRA songs and singalong are never mentioned. That "bhoy" with the gun at lennoxtown, Ross Hind - his favourite team was never mentioned. Rangers tax "crimes" are big news, the tax crimes of celtic staff aren’t. It's still playing out by the Mark Daly documentary looks to be a strategic move in the chess game against Rangers.
• Mark Daly trying very hard to get Billy (Turncoat) Dodds to say he had a double contract, even though he said he never ever had one. Campaigning to get Naismith banned for elbowing another player, when Hooper did the exact same thing the week before and they ignored it. Accused Aluko of diving to get a penalty, again campaigning to get him banned, even though it was proved there was contact. Several Rangers players have had the same treatment from the BBC over the years.
• Making a point about the solitary arrest at Peterhead yet failing to mention that Lothian and Borders police are "looking into" a police officer who was on duty at the Edinburgh derby there and allegedly was inciting the home fans. Now which story do you think is more newsworthy? An apparent upholder of the law possibly inciting crowd trouble or a single muppet making a stupid remark?
• BBC Scotland badgered UEFA to take action against Alex Rae after they caught him kicking a CSKA Moscow player in the head. Fast forward a couple of seasons and BBC Scotland cameras capture Lennon clearly stamping on an Artmedia player's neck. There was no campaign for any action to be taken.
• Donald Findlay getting pilloried for a song yet hartson and pearson up on stage with full renditions of ira songs at a sellik republican night out.
• Richard Gordon on Radio Scotland before an Aberdeen v Rangers game said "when I was growing up, it was compulsory to hate Rangers in our house".
• James Traynor commenting after the Osasuna away game, "Yes Richard we all watched the live footage of the police hitting fans with batons, but I say they deserved the battering they got".
• Failing to highlight a knife attack in the Tulloch stadium earlier In the year when one rabid slashed another . Unheard of In my time watching Scottish football.
• Also failing to highlight the stabbing in the pie stall queue a few seasons back at Firhill the season PTFC were relegated. I recall the news report that night gave it a brief mention as if nothing had happened.
• The Hearts ballboy, who got a fractured skull when a scumbag threw a coin at him. The media was all over the attack on poor wee neil the next day, the Rhecord buried it on page 20-something. BBC never reported it.
• Always showing footage of Ibrox with weeds, decaying fence etc. in the foreground, A little pathetic I know from them but they always show footage of Ibrox in the most negative light they can. Cowan doing Huns jokes. Cosgrove admitting he sung sectarian songs. Spence banging on a table when a team scores against us.
BBC Scotland is far from Impartial when it comes to Rangers. It’s shocking that a public funded body act in such a way but that's what you get when you employ bigots. Its sad that a once fine institution can no longer be trusted.
Please Mr King .... let's not have an ignominious retreat on this with regard to McLaughlin.
By all means try to get the BBC back on side.... but he must never darken our doorstep again.

I will post the list from the last thread.

For reference.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...apologise-for-lying-about-morelos-bids.18180/

DON'T PAY THE FEE LOYAL!

Unless we get an apology from Skeletor - he should NEVER be allowed back in to Ibrox.

Fuck them all. the long and the short and the small.

For we shall be mastered,

By no BBC bastard.

I have to agree with this. There’s way too many wanting this vile organisation back at Ibrox but unless there’s wholesale changes in their football reporting department they can stay away forever. There’s plenty of other coverage of Rangers in other media outlets and the clubs own social media. The BBC are currently not needed or wanted.

I have to agree with this. There’s way too many wanting this vile organisation back at Ibrox but unless there’s wholesale changes in their football reporting department they can stay away forever. There’s plenty of other coverage of Rangers in other media outlets and the clubs own social media. The BBC are currently not needed or wanted.

I agree, however their boycott of Rangers is damaging our brand. Imperceptibly maybe, but over time the removal of Rangers from their news, the erroneous reporting with regard to Rangers is damaging the brand.

Are they not in breach of their own charter by failing to serve at least a half million rangers supporting licence payers in Scotland. As has been said because one man has had privilege revoked

Are they not in breach of their own charter by failing to serve at least a half million rangers supporting licence payers in Scotland. As has been said because one man has had privilege revoked

They have been for nearly 7 years now.

Bumping this thread. We need to keep an eye on this.

I feel in my water that something is afoot. It better not be McLaughlin invited back. Seriously would destroy any faith I have left in our board.

Remain vigilant Bears. Please!

Great thread - the BBC are not only bitter Tims with a platform, they are a democratic disgrace.

If a media outlet wants to take an editorial position or some other stand, then it's up to them, they chose their target audience and then proceed - they take the risk of circulation and ad increase or decrease. For the Record and Sun and Scotsman, they've nailed their colours to the mast very clearly, so more fool any Bluenose who buys any of it and subsidizes Rangers hating propaganda.

But the BBC is different, we are all forced by law to pay for this dross, with the ultimate threat of the state pursuing criminal action you if you dont comply. Merely owning a tv means you must pay, even if you dont tune in to the garbage on BBC.

The BBC should not be taking stands or editorial positions, it is a public service and to rub salt in the wound, as Rangers are Scotland's biggest club, that means we pay the most for a service that screws us.

Let the BBC be an optional subscription then they can do as they please but for now, they revel that they can be as "%^*& You Rangers" as they like and they know there is nothing we can do about it as the money will keep coming in. They are immune to action.

It is a democratic disgrace.

I suggest you contact your MP and MSP and call the BBC, calls are much harder to deal with than emails and indeed in person visits to complain are best of all.

Rangers FC and every Bluenose in the land tell the BBC continually that they are grossly biased and unfair, yet they carry on regardless. The arrogance is astounding.

Last edited:

BBC response:

Kind regards
Good work OP but you what fascinates me about all these complaints and replies. Each time they point out Rangers have banned one of their reporters from Ibrox.
That’s statement is factually wrong as he has only had his press privledges removed and yet no one ever gets back and calls them out on it.

If you try and bat back and forth they'll end up giving you a standard response to finalise your complaint and that will be it.

Best to go to the equivalent of PCC.

The part of the BBC “We are disappointed that Rangers continue to ban one of our reporters from Ibrox” is incorrect, it was a withdrawal of press privileges by the club, he was free to purchase a ticket.

A few years back (before this incident occurred) I was on a tour of the Emirates Stadium and the Arsenal guide explained what facilities the media received and showed us the interview room. It was explained that prior to the interview the press officer made it clear, before the interview started, as to what topics questions should not be asked about and if a member of the media did ask a question on a topic that they were asked not to, then a letter was sent to the editor of their organisation saying that that reporters press privileges had been withdrawn and that they should send someone else in future. The Arsenal guide went on to say that the same approach was applied to reporters who gave biased reports.

Press privileges are a special treatment of the media by the club and should not be abused.

BBC Scotland should just send another reporter.

Last edited:
I got the same response to my complaint over Tom English. However they say feed back to our sports Team but when you have former Celtic Chairman kevin Kelly's daughter Clare Fulton as senior editor of Sport, their sports Team will continue to get away with it.

Do we have a full list of who is in the BBC sports team? Infact a comprehensive list of all editors and senior staff in the all major news outlets in Scotland would be handy (im guessing the MI7 branch of FF have such data).

For the BBC it seems the trio of Fulton, English and McLaughlin run the show. FFS.

Good work OP but you what fascinates me about all these complaints and replies. Each time they point out Rangers have banned one of their reporters from Ibrox.
That’s statement is factually wrong as he has only had his press privledges removed and yet no one ever gets back and calls them out on it.
I wrote to my MSP about this.
The reply I got is the only time I have ever seen a BBC reply not use the line that wee scrote is 'banned'.
I was in contact with the OP regarding this a while back and his reply was just after mine.
Seems they are more than willing to continue peddling this lie with ordinary members of the public though it also serves to further highlight their attitude towards Rangers when there is such a marked difference in tone when an elected politician takes up the case.

I've said it several times before, if you're lucky enough not to have the natsis represent you then write to your MP/MSP.

Funnily enough I got the exact same reply this morning too

I will respond also as I've asked for a discount in my licence fee due to me not receiving the same level of service due to the football team I support

There was a thread a few weeks back that highlighted many examples of their bias so their claim of standing by their integrity and unbiased reporting is about to be exposed

I've refused to pay my licence as they refuse to cover Rangers , I've got a self imposed ban on anything to do with the BBC until they cover our games again

I'm being discriminated against and not receiving the same level of service as other licence fee payers all because of the football team I support

I've repeatedly asked for a discount due to the watered down service I'm getting and I'll then pay my reduced licence fee

Don't let them away with it Bears no other club would be treated this way

If anyone has any useful info that they feel would be beneficial to my reply to them then please post ,any examples of their bias would be appreciated
HI GUYS ive recently finished a complaint with bbc scotland (broadcasting biased catholics )in my mind!im not pc friendly so i cant unless helped upload articles but the end matter was i actually had to write a letter of complaint down to there english hq,but gota reply with them saying they didnt think they were biased agiaqnst one team! my original complaint as like yourself mate ive stopped watching bbc scotland! was motherwell/hearts cup tie i was working in kitchen on this sunday and it was on! 34 minutes on the clock and they had mentioned celtic 14 times,switched off and sat down and typed an email they replied,saying the mentioning of THEM was quite appropriate,i disagreed another e mail another reply SIGNED BY from ms ANNA SWEENEY(H'MM)i was informed that as far as they were concerned the matter was finished!and i would have to take it further up the complaints procedure i duly did and added a few more incidents firstly gollom mentiong sectarian singing in his match report v hibs,highlighting that the game them v P.S.G,in his match report outside leggo land he didnt mention one of them running on to park and kicking a PSG player! i stated that sky,bt,stv,referee linesmen 60,000 of them watching and countless how many millions tv punters all saw it but he didnt!alas i got another reply saying basically nothing1 and i would have to take it further,i havnt at the moment but i do think i will keep digging at them i too mentioned i had to pay a license and did think it unfair as they have an agenda against us,sorry if ive rambled a bit mate,but it is such an important issue and i agree with you we should all be sending e mails or letters of complaint!

I just don't know the last time I listened or watched the BBC but I was reminded that I was still paying for this bunch of filth, when I had a mini-statement from my bank, to say I was Bealing is an understatement, the sooner we get rid of this corrupt organisation the better.

Merely owning a tv means you must pay, even if you dont tune in to the garbage on BBC.

Agree whole heartedly with your sentiments and stance, but your wrong about who needs to pay a licence, basically if you don't watch LIVE tv and or bbc iplayer you don't need a licence. Other catchup services are fine to watch.

Here's a link explaining properly and the bbc form to tell them your exempt.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-...cancellations-and-refunds-top7#cancelorrefund

Any problems with the links I can remove and obviously don't go down this route if you pay sky or virgin as they'll tell the beeb.

I wrote to my MSP about this.
The reply I got is the only time I have ever seen a BBC reply not use the line that wee scrote is 'banned'.
I was in contact with the OP regarding this a while back and his reply was just after mine.
Seems they are more than willing to continue peddling this lie with ordinary members of the public though it also serves to further highlight their attitude towards Rangers when there is such a marked difference in tone when an elected politician takes up the case.

I've said it several times before, if you're lucky enough not to have the natsis represent you then write to your MP/MSP.

Interesting. Currently waiting for a reply to a level 2 complaint. Got the standard "we stand by the integrity blah blah blah" to my initial effort. I'll try the msp next if I get no result.

Back